Stories taking place in countries such as the United States, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [United States] or [Mexico]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.

Jace Rutherford, Camp Wandsworth

Parselmouth Magical ★ Camp Counselor

The Rutherford Christmas Gala had been moved up this year, to celebrate Jace's first public appearance since the events of the summer. He was ready, and dressed in an immaculate suit. He had even invited Elliot, despite not having seen her in a few weeks. Well. Almost two months. He felt bad, but at the same time, it was Christmas. If he was going to fix things, it was the perfect time of year for it.

He was making his rounds around the room, stopping for photos and shaking hands with the guests. In essence, he was the perfect Rutherford, not stopping for a moment. It was almost as if he was trying to make up for the months of hiding at home by going overboard with being social.

Was he ignoring his date a little at the same time? Maybe... but it wasn't his fault. He had a job to do.

Played By: TyrellRose

Elliot Flight, Camp Wandsworth

Magical ★ Camp Counselor
Elliot had been hesitant when asked to accompany her boyfriend to the Rutherford Gala. It had been quite a while since they saw each other and had a meaningful conversation. But she had agreed nonetheless, hoping tonight would be different from the last time they were together. The fact that her best friend had gotten herself hired for the event to be there as well might have helped a bit.

Unfortunately for her, the evening so far had mostly consisted of her following Jace around the room at a small distance. Her only verbal interactions were the few hello’s she made to some of the gala goers.

Played By: Fae

Jace eventually found that he had made a circuit of the entire room, having spoken to everyone in attendance. He finally turned back to Elliot, folding his arms across his chest. "Did you want a drink?" he asked, gesturing towards the open bar. "Or some fresh air?" He couldn't help but feel slightly awkward, now that he didn't have his Rutherford duties to distract him.

Magical ★ Camp Counselor
Elliot had been focusing her attention primarily on the floor while she was following around her date. She did, however, look up at him when she noticed he was facing her. “Um... Yes please. Maybe both, I’m finding it a bit stuffy in here right now.” She turned to face the bar, waiting for him to begin heading over there.

Jace arched an eyebrow, then turned towards the bar, starting to walk over there. "You know, you could smile. It's Christmas, after all," he said, approaching the bar and asking for a gin and tonic. He then glanced at her expectantly.

Magical ★ Camp Counselor
Elliot was taken aback by his comment as they walked to the bar. “I have been smiling,” she muttered, deciding not to start a fight right now. When it was her turn to order - she had half hoped he would have ordered for her - she ordered a glass of wine. She then flashed the bartender an exaggerated smile, eyeing Jace.

Jace glanced sideways at her, one eyebrow arched. "This is my first public appearance in months," he hissed, then flashed a polite smile at the bartender, thanking him for the drink. He then took Elliot's arm, guiding her to an area with less people. "I want it to be perfect," he said once he was positive they wouldn't be overheard.

Magical ★ Camp Counselor
Elliot gave the bartender a polite nod before being pulled away. Once they stopped, she turned to face Jace, raising an eyebrow. “I get that. And you need to get that I am trying my best right now.” She kept her voice calm, despite her welling emotions. “Also, I am not a child, you don’t need to pull me around by the hand.”

Jace felt like he had been slapped in the face. "I don't get why despite everything, tonight still doesn't feel right," he said, probably a bit more harshly than it was supposed to sound. "I'm trying so hard and you just..." he trailed off, frustration written all over his face.