A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

#30823  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda had been somewhat hesitant to return to The Blood Moon Inn, but she thought she at least owed it to Florian and Jodie to follow through on her promise to return. She once again took the lead into the inn, but seeing that they were a little early, she headed to the bar and promptly ordered a drink.

Wearily, she brushed her hair out of her face, and as Jodie looked over, she tried to paste on a smile.
 #30824  by Jodie Watts

Jodie, being as perceptive as she was, glanced over and furrowed her brows. She leaned forward slightly.

"You know, Magda...we don't have to stay here if you don't want to...did you get any sleep last night? Sorry but...you look kind of awful..." She pulled a concerned face, her lips tight.
 #30825  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"I'm fine, really..." But she trailed off, sighing. As the drinks came, she took a long drink. "I mean...okay, I guess I'm a little concerned about the Simon situation. I don't know why you like him so much, or what you see in him. He's creepy and weird, and down right menacing. It feels like when he looks at me, he's staring right into my soul and is preparing to tear my organs out of my ribs. And then he'd likely throw them on the ground and stomp on them to hear the squelch as they disintegrate into nothing but piles of offal and-"

She glanced over, seeing Jodie cringe.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Descriptive. But that's how it feels! When I first saw him, he was sorta attractive...sorta...his eyes are a little close together, but he's cute looking. But he's so awkward and strange and just..." She shook her head. "He unnerves me, alright? And the whole thing with the knife...I feel guilty in a way because I know he's right in some manner but...I made it for Petra, not him."
 #30826  by Jodie Watts

Jodie pressed her lips together, leaning on the bar.

"Magda...you're very defensive about this. Is there a chance that maybe...you do like him? Or you want to?"
 #30827  by Magdalina Eklund

"What!? No! Why does everyone keep saying that!?" She retorted...definitely not defensively at all. But seeing Jodie's unmoving gaze, she sighed and slumped into her chair, staring up at the ceiling.

"Mrs Iver insinuated the same thing, y'know. She says I'm attracted to men in power, dangerous men at that. And Simon fits that...and now she's mentioned it, I can't stop thinking about her words. I don't know...I don't want to like him..."
 #30828  by Jodie Watts

Jodie was silent for a moment. Magda was her friend, and she wanted to be there for her but, in the end, maybe Magda should be more considerate of who she was saying this to. After all, Jodie had already admitted to liking Simon as more than a friend. The majority of the time, Magda was rather perceptive, but when it came to herself? Not so much. She never tended to realise her own affect on people's feelings.

"Well...maybe you don't..." Jodie shrugged. "Maybe you're only thinking this way because it's been suggested to you, and now your mind is rethinking every single situation you've been in with him. Maybe you just need to speak to him again and remind yourself of how you really feel. It's all in the subconscious you know..."
 #30829  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda hummed, taking a long drink again.

"Okay...maybe. I hope so." She bit her lip. "But what is it about him that attracts you. I mean, doesn't he like you back or something? Why aren't you just dating by now?"
 #30830  by Jodie Watts

Jodie hesitated. She was suddenly very aware that she couldn't get angry at Magda for her possible feelings when Jodie herself had rejected Simon.

"Well..." She started, clearly a little uncomfortable. "He's extremely ambitious, intelligent, a bit gawky. He can be funny when he's in a relaxed situation, and he has a very - uhm - unique understanding of affection. He can be a little slow at understanding social situations but once he realises he's wrong, he does try to fix it the best he can. But then again, if he believes what he did was right, he will fight tooth and nail for it, even against the majority if he must. He's passionate about what he does, and loyal to those he vows it to..."

She sighed, running her hand through her hair.

"They're the basics but...he also supports me as, well, me. He gets a bit upset knowing that I hide who I really am; he's one of the very few who have seen my real appearance, and he's kept my secret. He wants to support my journey to self confidence but..."

She shook her head.

"He's not in a good place. I would want to give him a chance but he needs to do self reflection before I can ever date him. By that point, he may have already moved on from me...I wouldn't be surprised..."
 #30831  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda was silent for a long moment, thinking about her words. Huh...yeah, Jodie did seem to genuinely like him. She hadn't even mentioned how fit and toned he was...or how cute his freckles were. Maybe she didn't find those things attractive? Or maybe she was further in the stage of crushing on him? Magda wasn't sure, but what she did know was that she tended to enjoy looking at the majority of men.

"Maybe I just find him physically attractive. The men here are in their own weird way...well...most are..." She said, offering a very subtle glance to Dice before looking back to Jodie. "Does that make me shallow?"
 #30832  by Jodie Watts

Jodie winced.

"Uhmmm kind of?" She said tentative. "I mean, there's nothing wrong with finding people attractive but if that's all you're concerned about then, yeah, it gets a little shallow."

She leaned forward a little, looking into Magda's eyes.

"Magda, do you really wanna have a boyfriend? Or are you just after a one night stand?"
 #30833  by Magdalina Eklund

"Er, well, uhm, I-" She was cut off by the door opening behind them. She glanced around, turning to see who was entering.

Hopefully it would be someone to distract from the current situation!
 #30838  by Danica Iver

But wile it should have been Florian... it was not. IT was Danica Iver... but not as she usually appeared. She had used a temporary dye to color her hair dark brown. He hair was in two, low, pony tails, a black, velvet flat cap on her head, and of all things a pair of glasses perched on her nose. A black t shirt and jeans completed her "disguise". Her lips were their natural color with just a bit of gloss and her usual dark eye make up was toned back to a little, light liner.

There was no ring on her finger.

she looked about the place with wide eyes, glanced at a mop sitting out in the open with a bucket of dirty water, and how to retrain herself from making a face. she was sure the crude patrons of this place would not have turned up their noses, or insisted it be removed and the manager called.

So this... this was the place her cousin owned. This was the place her husband use to spend so many of his early days. She had never once stepped into Knockturn Alley before now... and it was as awful, and thrilling as she had expected!... Alright... a little less thrilling then expected. She had not seen one dead body. And The Blood Moon Inn? Well... it did live up to it's reputation.

She felt nervous and yet... oddly liberated!

Danica smiled to herself. She was happy to see there were other women here. She felt a bit more safe... Oh hell! Wasn't that one of Astrid's terrible twins?

She did not recognize Jodie as she had never been introduced to her and she did not go to Astrid's rings... she had never been formerly introduced to Magda either, but having known Astrid for years she did know of her and her sister. Well... maybe her disguise would fool her... she would have to see. She had clearly been spotted.

Danica cleared her throat, then walking confidently up to the bar, she stepped between Jodie and Magda, looking from one woman to the other, then looking at Magda she said, "Do you know who I am?"
 #30840  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda looked somewhat flustered, blinking up at this new woman.

"Err...should I? Sorry I...I don't er..." She bit her lip, clearly taken off guard.

She looked to Jodie for help, but the other woman simply shrugged. Little did Magda know that Jodie knew exactly who this was, but had chosen to remain silent.

"Do you...know who I am?"
 #30847  by Danica Iver

"Oh, no! Not at all!" said Danica, a smile coming to her face, "My mistake. I had hoped you knew me. I think my friend stood me up and I didn't want to be standing around awkwardly by myself, especially considering that besides you two, I am the only woman here."

Holding her hand out to Magdalina then she said, "My name is Ara... Would either of you mind if I joined you for a moment wile I waited?"
 #30848  by Jodie Watts

Jodie lifted a brow, but soon answered for Magda.

"Sure, no problem. Us girls have to stick together, after all, and this isn't really the place for a woman to be alone." She spoke carefully. More accurately, Jodie wanted more time to figure out just what Danica was doing here...without Ciceron. Who was she meeting here? Why was she dressed like this?

It all felt a little suspicious.