Emerson shook her head. The two situations were completely different and she hated the fact that Evelyn was attempting to equate them. Elaine had been detained at a time when Muggle-borns were murdered, it was reasonable to believe that Elaine had been killed without leaving evidence. Evelyn Winter's death would have left a trace, Elaine could have at least tried to find out how her fiancée had passed.

"She left me," Emerson croaked slightly ashamed to bring up her own pain when Evelyn's had been exponentially bigger. Regaining control over her moment of weakness Emerson shook her head. "I'm sorry this is hurting you all over again." She reached for her friend's hand.

Played By: Kay

Re: [London] For All Of Us

It was sad really, that in all her grief, not once had Evelyn thought about how much of a loss Emerson had suffered because of Elaine's death, or supposed death. The two had become fast friends when Evelyn had finally introduced them to one another, nearly inseparable, a vast difference from the relationship Emerson shared with Vera.

Reaching for Emerson's outstretched hand, she clung to it tightly, "If you wanted to...meet with you. You can. You don't my permission. She was your friend."
"I'm not interested," she waved off the offer as if the decision didn't require a single second of refection.

When they had said goodbye on Vera's steps, she had been of a different attitude. The shock of seeing her old friend alive had made her wish that their reunion had been for the best and that they would see each other again. Yet as she had been left to process the situation, Emerson had become acutely aware of the vicious resentment she felt towards the woman who had abandoned them.

"You're going to see her again," she assessed, studying her best friend.

Played By: Kay

Re: [London] For All Of Us

Twinging her fingers with Emerson's, she gazed down at their joint hands and studied the thick, purple veins pumping blood through her friends system, "I don't know," She replied, lifting Emerson's hand and pressing it against her cheek. "Perhaps when I'm not so filled with...anger. When I can listen without judgement." When that would be, Evelyn didn't know, but she hoped that it would happen.