A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

The region encompassing England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland while the Triwizard Tournament is under way at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [England] or [Scotland]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
 #33301  by Dino O'Sullivan

Location: The edge of the Forbidden Forest • Date: September 1996
Time of Day: Afternoon • Weather: Overcast

'Excuse me?' Dino replied, almost in shock, to the student he'd just overheard. Incomprehensible, it was incomprehensible. He turned around to face this absolutely silly person.

'Are ya sayin' ya think I wouldn't dare go in the Forbidden Forest?' Inconceivable! HIs jaw almost dropped. 'I'm not ascared of anythin'!'
 #33322  by Kyle Shaw

Kyle was nearby when he heard another student mention the Forbidden Forest. He looked towards the source and saw an older student. A fellow Griffindor who was one year his senior. Kyle frowned as he tried to remember the guy's name. then it hit him. Dino O'Sullivan. That was his name.

He made his way to O'Sulllivan and noticed a couple of Slytherins. Both the boy and girl were in their 4th years and it looked like they were up to no good. Well, that was to be expected from a Slytherin. He came up to O'Sulivan and put a gloved hand on his right shoulder. "Hey there. You shouldn't let those guys rile you up so much. They're Slytherins. That's what they're known for. On that note..." Kyle looked at the 4th years. "Hey you two. Scram."

The two Slyherins scampered off back towards the castle giggling to themselves. Kyle turned back to the 7th year. "I really hope you aren't planning on going. Besides. You're a 7th years for Christ's sake. Shouldn't you know better?"
Last edited by Kyle Shaw on 11 Dec 2019, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
 #33352  by Dino O'Sullivan

Dino was a friendly guy, and all, but he didn't like being placated by anyone, or told what he should or shouldn't do. He shrugged the hand off his shoulder.

'I'm not riled up, Shaw. I'm just confirmin' that I'm not ascared of the Forest. Nothin' wrong with that, is there?' He could do anything he wanted to do, and not a word of a lie in it. It just so happened to be, coincidentally, that what he wanted to do was go into the Forbidden Forest.

'Don't tell me what to do. In fact, I was thinkin' of goin' into the Forest myself just moments ago.' Dino grinned to his friends around him. 'What do ya say, lads, reckon Shaw thinks I'm ascared of the big bad Forest?'
 #33360  by Kyle Shaw

Kyle crossed his arms with a frown. Already he could see that trying to prevent the guy from doing something ridiculous wasn't going to work. The older student said so just now. Well, if you couldn't beat 'em, join 'em. This will probably bite him in the ass later, but Kyle never went into the Forest himself.

He said, "You know what? Why not? I've actually been curious about the Forest myself. I've heard stories from students who were unlucky enough to get a detention there, but I've always wanted to see what's inside myself. So you can tell your friends that I, Kyle Shaw, am not afraid of the big bad Forest and will join you on this venture! And for the record, I do not think that you, Dino O'Sullivan, are afraid of the Forest!"

The young metamorphmagus felt a little silly acting like an NPC companion from a fantasy RPG, and his hair color abruptly changed from his natural white to bubblegum pink for some reason.
Last edited by Kyle Shaw on 11 Dec 2019, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
 #33374  by Dino O'Sullivan

'You can tell them yourself, Shaw,' Dino laughed, gesturing to all his friends around him. 'Hear him? He's coming into the Forest with me!' There was no malice in Dino's gentle ribbing, only a scary amount of enthusiasm for doing a stupid thing.

Dino raised his arms, riling up the small crowd that had started to gather around them.

'Come on, Shaw, let's go.' He watched the younger student's hair abruptly change colours and grinned. Yes, this was exciting indeed. The Forbidden Forest was full of exciting things.
 #33446  by Kyle Shaw

Kyle had his hands behind his back as he followed the older student. "So what do you think we'll find in the Forest? Giant spiders, Centaurs, maybe even...vampires?" His mind raced as he imagined all kinds of creatures that could be living in the Forest.

As he waited for O'Sullivan's response, he faced the opposite direction and walked backwards. Despite the added difficulty, Kyle could still navigate the terrain this way with relative ease.
 #33454  by Dino O'Sullivan

Dino shrugged. 'Could be anythin'. There's unicorns in there, did ya know?' He was keen on avoiding them, too. They'd embarrassed him publicly once already. 'I'm hopin' for the giant spiders, really. Somethin' to give us a bit of a challenge. Or we could bang into Thestrals. Can ya see Thestrals at all?'