A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

#18436  by Zeke Warren

Zeke wasn't sure what he had been expecting, but it wasn't that. It seemed to be the theme for the afternoon. He stared at Oliver with a blank expression, trying to figure out what he was saying.

"I mean... I don't... exactly... I like the work but I guess I never really saw myself doing that long term?" he stammered out, his thoughts coming out rushed as he didn't take the chance to think about what he was saying. Then again... it was the truth. He had taken the job because it had been available, but Immigrations wasn't exactly his interest. "I don't see how that has anything to do with the shop, though," he added, blinking.
 #18437  by Oliver Sanders

As Zeke tried to speak, Oliver suddenly was struck with the realisation that he really didn't want to talk about this right now after all. He set his cup down rather roughly on the table and stood up.

"Nothing. Never mind," he muttered, taking a half step back before deciding he wanted his coffee after all. "Don't worry about it. I'm going to head back," he added, turning and walking off.

It had been a lot easier to pretend he was staring at a blank wall when he didn't have other people around.
 #18438  by Zeke Warren

Before he could react, Oliver was walking away.

"O...kay...?" Zeke mumbled, picking up his own coffee cup and rising, following after the man. He figured he could at least shout out a warning if he noticed anyone getting too close.

For now, though, he knew the subject was dropped, although he was curious about why Oliver had brought it up in the first place.