A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Start Here • Post your completed character sheet to be sorted, browse wanted characters posted by other players, and more.
Forum rules: 
Post titles should include character type (Original, Main Canon, or Supporting Canon) and character name.

Character sheets posted by 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday will be sorted the same day.
Those posted after 5:00 PM CST may be held for the next day. Sheets posted on weekends may be sorted the following Monday due to staff availability.
New players may be sorted outside of these times if staff members are available to do so.
 #38754  by Taras Kulyk

My Name or Nickname: Jannah
OOC Account Name: Jannah
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Discord Username: Jannah#1191
How I found Vault 713: Some search, RP Directory I think.
My Previous Roleplaying Experience: I go way back. I've been RPing for close to twenty years now.
My Favorite Harry Potter Character: Umm...probably Luna.
Did you read the Character Creation Guide before posting? Bits and pieces. I'm reading it as I go so I can get the information as I need it.
NAME: Taras Georgivich Kulyk
CHARACTER TYPE: Wizard(pureblood)
DATE OF BIRTH: February 14th, 1901
BIRTH COUNTRY: Ukraine
CURRENT RESIDENCE: United States
EMPLOYER: American Bureau of Magical Affairs
POSITION: Investigator

COUNTRY FLAG: Ukraine
PRIMARY ERA: Expedition

What is the concept for your character?
Hailing from a long line of assassins Taras was raised in the way of the kill. He was practically bred from birth to take lives. The family excelled at what they did due to a closely kept secret: they're Parselmouths. It was a skill that each generation of the family learned to utilize to their advantage in their trade; snake venom was, after all, a discreet and effective way to take somebody down without arousing suspicion at all.

The training each generation of the family received was cruel, pushing them to their limits and nearly killing them. Taras' was no exception, but instead of hardening him it left him with a vengeance against the family that had forged him. As soon as he graduated from his schooling he set out on a very different path, one to ultimately exact revenge against his family and all those like them. He entered law enforcement and dedicated his specialized skills to hunting down hardened criminals of all stripes.

Additional note on ability: Although Taras does not feel any particular stigma over being a Parselmouth himself he does disagree with how his family has come to use the ability. He has opted to use it for good, primarily to gather all sorts of intelligence on those suspected of being involved in shady work that involves anything from smuggling all the way to first degree murder. If there's anything to be learned from the sources themselves then he will seek it out. It has proven effective as evidence as far as the man is concerned.
What other eras will they be active in and what will their job be in each era?
Expedition - Having fled his homeland of Ukraine due to political unrest and the wrath of those he is dedicated to hunting down, Taras settled down in the United States. It is there he works to make a name and reputation for himself.
Where can we find your character when their story first begins?
Taras' story ultimate begins with him as a recent immigrant who had just landed in New York. It's there he strives to prove himself as a new recruit in magical law enforcement. Naturally, he strives to form friendships and other social connections as well.
What was life like for your character one year before their primary era?
It had been challenging. Taras was forced to come to terms with the fact that his own family had tried to kill him and additionally the political situation in his homeland, spilling over from the muggles. The Bolsheviks had eyed it like a crown jewel, adding it to their collection of lands to assimilate into their growing empire. Resistance? They were having none of that, forcing many far away in its wake as they sought to avoid repression. As it had grown increasingly unsafe he had left, ultimately settling down in New York, said to be a bastion of freedom. Unfortunately it was also a bastion of crime.
Who is someone from your characters past who influenced who they are today?
Taras' cruel and rigid father made him into the person he is today. He had consistently pushed his children to their limits, even having little qualms with them possibly dying. The boy had only been fortunate to make it out alive, thus forging his lifelong grudge against his family and others like them. It was such a grudge that cemented his decision to defect from his own family's place in the underworld.
What does your character think their strongest and weakest traits are?
Taras believes his greatest traits are his resourcefulness and powers of observation. Few details truly slip past him; anything that can be used to solve crimes or to get him out of a sticky situation is considered.

His weakest traits? Easily his emotional distance from others and his tendencies to hold grudges. It is difficult for the man to come to trust anybody fully, even more so if they are found to have betrayed him. Grudges do come easily to the man and it is nearly impossible for him to break out of them at all.
What is something your character wants but does not have?
If there was one thing that Taras desperately wants then it would be love and affection, even if he does not openly admit it. This is not necessarily of a romantic sort, either. As a child he was not loved by his family, but was merely seen as another tool in their grand design, another cog in the machine. He hopes someday that somebody will truly love and appreciate him for who he is rather than what he is.
Last edited by Taras Kulyk on 17 Jun 2020, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.
 #38755  by *Admin Vy

Hey Jannah! Welcome to Vault 713; we're so happy to have you!

Taras looks like an incredibly interesting character, and we can't wait to have him on the board! However, before we sort him, we just need a two quick things, and then he's good to go!

I just wanted to quickly confirm if Taras was employed by the American Bureau of Magical Affairs (this is just for his tags). This is a Vault-original business, and you can read more about it here. Alternatively, if you would like him employed elsewhere, you can take a look at our Business Directory.

We also would like you to fill out one more question to complete the traditional sheet. I've listed the remaining options below.
Code: Select all
[question=What does your character look like] ANSWER HERE [/question]
[question=What is something your character wants but does not have] ANSWER HERE [/question]
[question=What are their current short term and long term goals] ANSWER HERE [/question]
[question=What is your character doing now to work toward their goals] ANSWER HERE [/question]
[question=What is something your character would never tell anyone about themselves] ANSWER HERE [/question]
[question=What is their strongest childhood memory] ANSWER HERE [/question]
Let us know once these are done by replying to this thread, and then we can get Taras sorted and ready to play! :)

Admin Vy
 #39229  by Peyton

Welcome to the Wizarding World,
@TarasKulyk !
Great to have you here! Can't wait to see what you get up to!

Taras is righteous in seeking vengeance against his family for everything they've put him through. You might like to begin your story in The North America Forum where threads can take place anywhere on the continent of North America, or by using one of the following thread ideas:

★ A member of Taras' immediate family has discovered what he's been up to and is seeking him out to try to bring him back to the 'right' side. How will Taras react?
★Word going around is that there's a position open with the local Ordinary police. Will Taras accept that job even though it's an Ordinary job, or will he hold out for something in the Wizarding world?

Before you jump in...
Be sure to visit the Connection Classifieds forum to introduce your new character to find plots and partners!
Don't forget to brush up on our Board Rules & Guidelines
Feel free to stop by the Character Profile Directory to post a detailed profile for your character, or to re-post your character sheet