Start Here • Create an original character who is either a student or adult, from wizards and muggles to so much more.
Forum rules: Character sheets posted by 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday will be sorted the same day. Those posted after 5:00 PM CST may be held for the next day. Sheets posted on weekends may be sorted the following Monday due to staff availability. New players may be sorted outside of these times if staff members are available to do so.

Rules & GuidelinesAvailable Character Types Plot Information

Campbell Parker

Campbell Parker, Active Character

My Name or Nickname: Brods
OOC Account: Alatariel
Quills Account(s): Alatariel
NAME: Campbell Parker
CHARACTER TYPE: Witch
DATE OF BIRTH: 2.12.1963
PRIMARY ERA: Reformation
BIRTH COUNTRY: England
CURRENT RESIDENCE: Rhode Island

Concept: An experienced PR Manager who stopped taking on individual clients years ago, suddenly finds herself shoved head first into the recent elections. Campbell is the best of the best, and her new client wouldn’t settle for less.

Other Eras & Jobs: n/a

Appearance: Campbell has brown hair, and brown eyes just like every other member of her family. Both she and her older sister had inherited their mother’s sharp facial structure, with cutting jaw lines, and pointed noses, the Parker sister’s had never really been the most beautiful kids on the block growing up. Now though, the sharp, cutting bone structure she had hated as a kid was definitely something she had learned to embrace as an adult.

Ethnicity: English
Personality:
  • Adventurous
    Loyal
    Suave
    Political
    Assertive
    Blunt
Campbell is very proud woman, who has worked hard to get where she is today. Life wasn’t handed to her on a silver platter, and she has fought hard, and not always clean to give herself the life she always felt she deserved.

Current Goals: Help her client win the election. Free herself from Flava Arcuri and the debt she owes her and her family..

Hobbies:
  • Jogging.
    Archery
    Broomracing
    Driving
Loyalties:
  • Her family.
Mental Strengths:
  • Confident
    Resourceful
    Knowledgeable
    Ambitious
Mental Weaknesses:
  • Blunt
    Critical
    Controlling
    Secretive
Strongest Childhood Memory: Learning to drive stick with her father.
Secret They'll Never Tell: She owes the Accorsi Mafia or where she is today.
Last edited by Campbell Parker on 18 Jun 2019, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Campbell Parker

Arsene, Vaultkeeper

Hey Brods! Always glad to see more Bureau employees :)

The "PR manager" for the executive branch in US government (both muggle and magical) is the Press Secretary, which is currently in play. If she'd like to get the inside scoop, Campbell can always try her hand at being a Bureau correspondent for Wizarding World Today. Usually these correspondents are invited to a press briefing by the Press Secretary.

To get a feel for this position, you can take a look at this video of Josh Earnest, Obama's last press secretary when he was in office.

Feel free to ask any clarifying questions here or PM me on the site if you need any other help with US government!

Alatariel, Active Player

Hiya Alex,

A few weeks ago I had asked for help with this matter and was told that a Public Relations Manager would fall under the Executive Branch and that they would report to the Press Secretary. You can look at the Discord help section for reference.

Would it be possible to clarify whether this is an actual position or not as I am getting conflicting answers?

Also Josh Earnest < C.J Cregg.

Arsene, Vaultkeeper

Thanks for getting back to me! I took a look in the Discord help channel and yes you are correct. The PR manager in the usual sense of the word is what the Press Secretary is for the American president. However, also in the Office of the Press Secretary is the Office of Communications. I would suggest that Campbell work as the Secretary of Magic's Communications Director. This position is very close to PR as well. You can read more about it here.

I think this position would work with what you have in mind for Campbell. She would work directly with the Secretary of Magic and make sure that his or her communications with the public are understood and delivered quickly and clearly. Let me know :)

Campbell Parker, Active Character

Hi! I actually think I am gonna go with her just being 'unemployed'. She'll be hired by individuals to work as their public liason's.

I have gone ahead and added that to her sheet.

*Admin Vy, Administrator

Hi Brods,

Sorry for the delay! After taking another look at your sheet, unfortunately we don't allow characters with such vital roles to be tagged as unemployed. Something like this would need to be related directly to an agency or to the Bureau.
We want to suggest the following job titles for Campbell:

• PR manager with a named specific individual that she is working for
• Communications Director for the Secretary of Magic as Alex suggested above

If you have any further questions about job titles, please direct them to the help desk on the forum.

Admin Vy

Alatariel, Active Player

PR Manager for Elyse Nordstrom.

Arsene, Vaultkeeper

Welcome to the Wizarding World, Campbell!

Campbell has a lot of obstacles to get through this year! You might like to begin your story in Country Mice, which takes place in Ontario, Canada, or by using one of the following thread ideas:

★ Her candidate needs a certain amount of funds raised in order to be eligible for the party debates. Campbell needs to work with Ava's campaign manager so they can be successful in getting her some screen time.

★ Campbell has received a mysterious letter at work. They've never contacted her at work — is her job in jeopardy now that whomever is circling closer?

Before you jump in...