Start Here • Create an original character who is either a student or adult, from wizards and muggles to so much more.
Forum rules: Character sheets posted by 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday will be sorted the same day. Those posted after 5:00 PM CST may be held for the next day. Sheets posted on weekends may be sorted the following Monday due to staff availability. New players may be sorted outside of these times if staff members are available to do so.

Rules & GuidelinesAvailable Character Types Plot Information

Harlan Starke

Harlan Starke, Active Character

My Name or Nickname: Caleb
OOC Account Name: N/A
Discord Username: moonlight#2310
How I found Vault 713: Google Search
My Previous Roleplaying Experience: I've done a couple Harry Potter role plays before, and enjoy creative writing in my free time, but not much.
My Favorite Harry Potter Character: Luna Lovegood, if I'd have to choose.

NAME: Harlan Starke
CHARACTER TYPE: Wizard
DATE OF BIRTH: October 1st, 2011
PRIMARY ERA: Legacy Era
BIRTH COUNTRY: United States
CURRENT RESIDENCE: Chevy Chase, MD

What is the concept for your character?
Harlan is dedicated to learning and making other people happy. He works hard in school and loves to challenge himself with new philosophies. Harlan's very reserved and overly cautious, but he isn't socially awkward. Harlan prefers to be alone, but when with his friends, he can often be seen as the peacemaker and problem solver. If anyone needs advice, they often come to Harlan. Harlan would be a people person who prefers not to be around people, if that existed. He often backs down from social events because he's nervous about this or that going wrong. Being a halfblood, part of two worlds, Harlan is constantly thrown into situations of doing what he does best - making peace.
What other eras will they be active in and what will their job be in each era?
Most likely only the Legacy Era, unless a new era will eventually be created.
What does your character look like?
Harlan has light brown hair with blonde highlights, piercing blue eyes, and a thin nose. He has a slim body and olive skin. Harlan is slightly athletic and quite flexible for a boy his age.
Where can we find your character when their story first begins?
About to board the train to head to the Chicago Academy of Wizardry.
What was life like for your character one year before their primary era?
Normal, very rarely exposed to his mother's side of the world - lived most of his juvenile life as a muggle would.
Who is someone from your characters past who influenced who they are today?
His maternal grandfather, who was the spark of light, always sharing stories about the wizarding world. His grandfather passed away when Harlan was 9.
What does your character think their strongest and weakest traits are?
Harlan knows that he is like-able, but he's also a scaredy-cat and can be a snitch at times.
What is something your character wants but does not have?
Isolation
What are their current short term and long term goals?
Short term: Succeed in academics. Long term: Generate at least $200,000 dollars a year in the muggle world.
What is your character doing now to work toward their goals?
Putting work before play, most of the time.
What is something your character would never tell anyone about themselves?
Harlan's worst fear is of green jello.
What is their strongest childhood memory?
The first time his grandfather told him a story -- a real story.

Re: Harlan Starke

Vyreia, Active Player

Welcome to the Wizarding World, Harlan!

Even at a young age, Harlan has a lot of big plans for the future, and hopefully he can do it whilst avoiding conflicts. You might like to begin your story in It's Fine which takes place in Hogsmeade, or by using one of the following thread ideas:

★ There's a Summer trip to France planned for all Freshmans; it's an amazing opportunity, but it does mean that Harlan will be stuck in close quarters with a lot of other students and travellers

★ Oh no! Someone has pranked Harlan by switching all of his potion recipes into Gobbledegook! Will he try to find out who did it and tell of them? Or will he spend his time learning a spell to change it back?

Before you jump in...