Thank you for participating in the Vaultoween Posting Party!!!
🎃 Total Pumpkin Points: 1040 🎃
Community Prizes Unlocked: 20 + 4 Bonus Prizes

Our Vaultoween Celebration will continue through November 9, including the ghost scavenger hunt.
Click here to view the event overview!
Start Here • Create a character that appeared in the Harry Potter series
Forum rules: Character sheets posted by 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday will be sorted the same day. Those posted after 5:00 PM CST may be held for the next day. Sheets posted on weekends may be sorted the following Monday due to staff availability. New players may be sorted outside of these times if staff members are available to do so.

Rules & GuidelinesAvailable Character Types Plot Information

Ginny Weasley

bathdub mermaid, Active Player

My Name or Nickname: Ginny Weasley
OOC Account Name: bathdub mermaid
Discord Username: bathdub mermaid
How I found Vault 713: I roleplayed on this site many, many years ago.
My Previous Roleplaying Experience: I've been roleplaying on a couple of different sites (mostly Gaia Online) for about ten years. It'll probably take me a bit to get re-accustomed to the Vault's format, but I've definitely been around the block a few times :)
My Favorite Harry Potter Character: Cliché as it is, I think it has to be Harry. He has such a deep inner world that I love to dive back into every time I re-read the series.

NAME: Ginny Weasley
CHARACTER TYPE: Witch
DATE OF BIRTH: 11 August, 1981
PRIMARY ERA: Golden Era
BIRTH COUNTRY: England
CURRENT RESIDENCE: The Burrow

What is the concept for your character?
The ultimate goal is to explore her character as it changes during the different stages of her life. Deep diving on her emotions and inner monologue during such an important year for her character as HBP. In Reformation and Legacy eras, I'll focus on how she copes with the aftermath of the war: grief, moving on, and ultimately building a life and a family for herself.

What other eras will they be active in and what will their job be in each era?
Reformation - Starting Chaser, the Holyhead Harpies. Legacy - Senior Quidditch Correspondent at the Daily Prophet

What does your character look like?
Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley.

Who is someone from your characters past who influenced who they are today?
As a child, Ginny butted heads with her mother all the time. In retrospect she understands she wasn't always the easiest child: independent and opinionated, Ginny always had a word back whenever Mrs. Weasley issued an order. But as much as the two butted heads, Ginny could always tell Molly held a special sort of fondness in her heart for her only daughter. Fond memories for Ginny are usually attached to kitchen smells: her mother teaching her the recipe for her famous cream sauce, the Muggle way, so that six-year-old Ginny could help, too. Sipping hot cocoa at the kitchen table while her mother sorted through piles of laundry, ten-year-old Ginny pestering Molly for every story she could remember from her time at Hogwarts. Busy as Molly always was, Ginny learned quietly from her mother. She loved fiercely, spent her life caring for others, would bend over backwards to help someone in need -- and took shit from absolutely no one. Perhaps Ginny would never intentionally admit that her mother is her role model, but really, anyone who knows the two of them wouldn't need to guess.

What does your character think their strongest and weakest traits are?
Ginny values courage and honesty, even if that honesty is brutal. She believes that being up-front, fighting for what she believes in, and acting on her values without hesitation are her greatest strengths. As for weaknesses? Maybe she's a little too quick to speak her mind. There's moments when it's more prudent to reel yourself in. She's trying to be more conscious of that.

What are their current short term and long term goals?
Short term? Gryffindor Quidditch team. Chaser or bust. As for the long term… it's hard to see too far into the future, truthfully. Voldemort seems to shadow over everything. Somewhere down in her heart, Ginny knows that if this really is outright war, she's going to be in that fight, no matter what.

What is your character doing now to work toward their goals?
With Fred and George busy with their joke shop, Ginny has been putting in some serious time on their Cleansweeps this summer. Defensive rolls, feints, reading about attack formations in all the Quidditch books she can get her hands on -- she's determined to nab a spot on the team.

What is something your character would never tell anyone about themselves?
Ginny knows that this is probably common knowledge to everyone in Gryffindor house who knew her in her first and second year, but she used to have this incredibly embarrassing crush on Harry Potter. For Merlin's sake, she wrote him a song. Just the thought of it makes Ginny want to sink into the floor in utter humiliation. Of course she's completely over it now - they're even friends. But if anyone ever makes a reference or implies something, Ginny would stone-face you so hard you'd think she could Petrify you. As far as she's concerned, she never liked him, and anyone who insists otherwise is gaming for a Bat-Bogey Hex.

What is their strongest childhood memory?
Since the age of six, Ginny has been sneaking into her older brothers' broom cupboard and taking each of their brooms out in turn. They flew every day during the summer, so she never got a go. Eventually, she started sneaking out during the winter, when the weather was bad: that way she could go on as long as she wanted without getting caught. She flew through ice-cold wind so strong it used to blow her into the trees, and in winter storms that made the snow feel like sandpaper on her cheeks as she flew. Molly was apoplectic when she landed, every inch of her raw and cold by the time she landed. But that feeling of freedom -- of being all on her own, flying fast as she could, daring the wind to blow her over -- was one of the most exhilarating things Ginny ever experienced. It's that memory that comes to mind every time she mounts a broom.

What is a typical day like for your character?
Roll out of bed, brush through the bedhead from the previous night's late-night Quidditch training, tramp downstairs for breakfast in the Great Hall. Walk with Luna to double Transfiguration with the Ravenclaws. Compliment her on the Plimpy charms she made herself (carved from wood, attached to bobby pins, and plaited in her hair), and ask if she can do something like it for Ginny, but without so many eyeballs worked into the design. Endure another lecture from McGonagall about how heinously difficult this year's O.W.L.s are going to be, and mutter to Luna that, after three consecutive repeat performances, the speech was probably only meant to scare them into studying. Doodle through Professor Binns' History of Magic lesson. Levitate spitballs at the back of Snape's head when he isn't looking. Leaf through a few career advisory pamphlets during free period -- the only thing Ginny had ever really seriously considered was Quidditch, but she wasn't even a regular on the Gryffindor team. Yet. Head down to the pitch after dinner and practice rolls, feints, attack formations. Fly until she remembers there's still an essay for Flitwick waiting for her upstairs, and collapse one of the armchairs in front of the common room fire until feeling comes back to her frozen hands and cheeks. Work for a few hours, stopping frequently to make jokes with Lee Jordan, shoot Charms questions at Hermione, yell across the room at a couple of fifth-year friends, and share a good laugh with Harry and Ron. Up to bed only when the fire's worn down and the common room has gone quiet, exhausted, but happy.
Last edited by bathdub mermaid on 02 Sep 2019, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Played By: bathdub mermaid

Re: Ginny Weasley

Arsene, Vaultkeeper

Heya bathdub mermaid! I love the energy that's coming from your sheet. I'm super excited that you're super excited to bring Ginny to life :)

Before I can fully sort Ginny, however, I'll need you to cut down her concept. I find the concept to be the easiest part of the sheet because all we need is one or two sentences on the basic idea of Ginny as a character.

Reply once you've edited that part and I can get you on your way!

Re: Ginny Weasley

Arsene, Vaultkeeper

Welcome to the Wizarding World, Ginny!

Everyone's favorite fiery Gryffindor is here and I'm excited to read her journey through our site. You might like to begin your story in Daisies Despite The Rain, which takes place in Hogwarts, or by using one of the following thread ideas:

★ A multi-house group of students has asked Ginny if she wants to play a pick-up game of quidditch by the Black Lake.

★ The bottom of her cauldron has cracked to the point where it can't hold much inside. She already has potions homework due in two days. Is she going to take a chance with her current broken cauldron or find a way to get a new one?

Before you jump in...
An account has been set up for Ginny under the same email as your OOC account.