A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#18725  by Viola York

"Don't talk about him." Viola snapped back, interrupting Hera mid-sentence. She scowled at her cousin, placing her spoon down. "I know what you're gonna say. I just need time alone, time to think. Well before him I was alone. I had nobody - he told me that after school we would be together, and he lied. So now that I'm an adult, I can do whatever the fuck I want without some scumbag holding me back."
 #18726  by Hera Cleary

"Vi..." Hera started, but silenced herself as Viola ranted on about this boy. Hera couldn't help but feel sorry for her...sitting back in her seat, she sighed.

"I know how you feel...more than anybody. I know what it's like to be betrayed. But selling yourself to every Tom, Dick, and Harry isn't going to help. Sure, go and party if you must - get it out of your system, but eventually, you will find someone who really wants to be there, and not for just a fling. He was a kid, Vi. You were both at school, same house, same interests...but when you date someone older, sometimes it can just disappear. He left school and felt like a kid in a sweet shop; didn't know what to do with himself. If you do the same, then you're only proving his process right."
 #18727  by Viola York

Viola rolled her eyes, tearing up a bread roll.

"So, what? You want me to just act like a shy little spinster in my bedroom until daddy finds me a suitor? Piss off. I'm not the one cheating on anyone."

She stared off to the side, the frown evident on her face.

"What is it with York girls and getting cheated on? What's wrong with us?"
 #18728  by Hera Cleary

"Nothing is wrong with us." Hera said firmly. "Or maybe...we just pick the wrong people. But listen to me...you don't need a man or a woman or just...any sort of romantic interest to fill the hole in your heart after that. You just need to care for yourself - don't throw yourself at people who don't deserve you. You are far more than just some lost little girl."

She smiled.

"You're an intelligent woman, and I think you have a lot to offer with your potions and herbology skills. Believe me, you just need to take the time to nurture it."
 #18815  by Viola York

"Because you're you. You're the prized prodigy of the family despite being a woman - you moved out, got a job you like, you no longer have to marry any man if you don't want to, and you can 'do no wrong' in uncle Zach's eyes." Viola sighed.

When was Hera going to realise that they were never going to be particularly close? It just wasn't going to happen, and they could pretend all they wanted but it didn't seem to affect Viola's opinions too much.
 #18816  by Hera Cleary

Hera pressed her lips together, looking down.

"I'm not trying to shove it in your face. I just wanted to tell you that if you don't like your situation, change it. I know your father is taking a harder look at you now, but you won't be able to get out if you don't try..."
 #18817  by Viola York

Viola scoffed, leaning back in her chair.

"Pft, yeah, I'm sure..."

But she trailed off, thinking about it. In a way, Hera was right; at the moment, she was just complaining about her situation without wanting to do anything about it. The thought process was clear on her face, and she found herself looking away from Hera. It was all a bit much to handle.
 #18818  by Hera Cleary

"Viola, " Hera started. "Trust me on this. Set up your lab here, use my garden for a greenhouse for your herbology training. I'm here to help you where I can, but I can't magic you out of this situation. You need to stand up for yourself at some point, and now that you're an adult, it's your responsibility. I can only help to much..."