See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!

Re: [Hogwarts] Shape of You

“I was wandering around the castle during the hours I wasn’t supposed to be and I just stumbled across it,” answered James.

His eyes suddenly widened to the size of teacup saucers. “What?!” He turned this way and that, spinning in a complete circle, panicked over the possibility of losing his precious hair until he caught sight of his reflection in the glass of a nearby trophy cabinet. “Oh, ha ha. Just you wait until you come back down.”

Played By: Lilly
Meiriona giggled uncontrollably, watching him panic over the imaginary bald spot. She knew exactly what to say to push his buttons, but also his limits. It was why they were so good together.

She climbed two thirds of the way down the ladder, then made a leap of faith, sticking the landing and holding her arms out in an approximate imitation of a gymnast. “Oh yeah? Well, I’m down now.” She took a step towards him, making a ‘come here’ gesture with her finger. “What are you gonna do about it?”

Played By: TyrellRose

He was actually quite impressed with her acrobatic skills. So much, in fact, that he momentarily forgot his words. His feet were shuffling towards her before his brain could even register the action. The rest was autopilot as he leaned in to press his lips to hers.

In an instant, she was melting against him on her tiptoes in an attempt to match his height, her arms wrapping around his neck as she kissed him. It always felt good to kiss James, Meiriona thought, and she grinned against his lips. “Mm, not what I was expecting, but I like your style,” she mumbled, gazing up at him through her lashes.

He smiled against her lips, his arms still wrapped around her, holding her small frame against his much larger one. James was in the process of stealing another kiss from her until an image of a certain redhead popped into his head. Only moments ago had he confessed his feelings for Lily. Only moments ago was she confessing back. Moments ago...they were sharing a kiss in one of the broom closets.

“Little bird....there’s something I need to tell you...”

One moment, she was happily kissing him, enjoying the solitude they were graced with in this room of requirement. The next, he was pulling away, and Meiriona’s nose crinkled in confusion.

“What’s up?” She asked, brushing one of her hands through his hair and blinking up at him. A moment passed. “What, James?”

Her hands felt so good in his hair that he felt like purring. She definitely wasn’t making this easy. He fell silent as he tried to summon up the courage to break up with this wonderful, wonderful girl.

James wet his lips in a nervous gesture. “At the lake-when I tried to talking to Evans-I only ended upsetting her further.”

He was having difficulty getting his sentences out.

This was the best he could manage.

“ I chased after her when she ran. I kissed her. She kissed me back. I was upset and she was upset and it just happened. It’s just- I-I’m sorry, Meiriona. I’m so, so, sorry.” He hung his head in shame, messy dark fringe falling over his eyes.

Meiriona would never be able to say what she had expected him to say.

It definitely wasn’t that.

Her heart sank as he explained what had happened. Many of her friends had warned her about dating James Potter, saying it was only a matter of time before Lily Evans finally realized she had feelings for him just as badly as he had feelings for her. The entire school seemed to know the pair were perfect for each other, but Meiriona had refused to believe it. She had chosen to trust in James, to trust that he cared about her, liked her.

She slowly backed away a couple of steps, her eyes darting around. Meiriona was waiting for him to say he was only joking, that it was a (potentially cruel) retribution for her bald spot joke, but it never came. Instead, her heart continued to feel like it was being crushed.

She couldn’t speak. She opened her mouth a couple of times, but nothing would come out at first. Eventually, she found her voice.

“You like her.” It wasn’t a question. “She finally likes you too.” She cast her eyes downward, playing with the ends of her hair. “I guess I should have seen that coming...”

She swallowed a lump in her throat, squeezing her eyes together for a moment. “James...” Her voice cracked, and she swiped at her eyes with the back of her hand.

He didn’t look up even as she backed away. He couldn’t. He didn’t have the strength to.

All he could do was nod mutely at her when she stated the obvious fact that he had strong feelings for Lily Evans.

It wasn’t until he heard the crack in her tiny voice that James finally lifted his head to look at her. His eyes were wet from the silent tears he had shed.

“...Meiriona.”

Meiriona wrapped her arms around herself, trying to hold back the sobs that threatened to escape. When she heard his voice again, she shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut again to try and contain the tears.

“You... you’ve loved her for years...” she whispered, hating how small her voice sounded. Suddenly, the room that had given her so much joy seemed like it was closing in on her, making her feel claustrophobic. She needed to get out.

“James...” she started again, trying to steel herself. Meiriona fought to keep her voice steady as she lifted her chin to meet his eyes. “I think... I think you’re an amazing guy and I care so much about you but... you deserve to be happy and I think Evans is the one who really makes you happy... and I deserve someone who loves me, who isn’t in love with... with someone else...” she trailed off, her tears now flowing freely.

“Meiriona....please...” The guilt and regret was eating away at his insides like an internal parasite. James swallowed hard to will away the painful lump rising in his throat.

“You don’t understand...” Now he was the one holding back a sob,” You DO make me happy...and I do love you...very much...it’s just...that I love her too and it’s just all confusing-and I just don’t understand it.”

But she was right.

She deserved better, and he knew that.

“I’m sorry,” he repeated in a whisper,”I never wanted to hurt you.”

“Please don’t...” she whispered, swiping at her cheeks again. As much as she had loved her time as James’ girlfriend, Meiriona knew the time had come to let him go. “I love you, but... you and I were... we were...”

A sob cut her off and she covered her mouth with her hand. “This is happening,” she said from behind the hand, “I love you so much but you are in love with Evans and that’s so different... please just... be happy and... James, I...” she turned away, feeling very small, feeling like the walls were closing in on her. “I’m sorry too,” she choked, taking a few steps towards the door.

He remained quiet and allowed the tears to roll freely down his face as she spoke. Secretly James wished he could take it all back, to go back to where they were just minutes ago, smiling and laughing as they shamelessly flirted with one another.

Secretly he didn’t...

...because kissing Lily was like anything he had ever experienced before.

But comparing the two girls was like comparing a rainbow to a sunrise.

Meiriona had let him go so he wouldn’t be forced to choose.

Her final words were like a sledge hammer to his bleeding heart.

And then she was gone...taking the warm sunlight with her that radiated from the very core of her soul...his sunrise.

He now stood alone in the gradually darkened room, it shifted and transformed around him until nothing was left except for an empty classroom and a broken down boy on his knees.

Even though it felt like it took her at least an hour to leave the room, Meiriona retreated quite quickly, stopping outside the door and watching as it disappeared before her eyes. A broken sob left her, and she sank to the floor against the opposite wall, wrapping her arms around her legs and finally letting her emotions loose.