See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!

"M'lord," Sirius gestured gallantly, bowed low before the open compartment door. "Only the finest train compartment for Hogwarts School's newly named Head Bubotuber."
Last edited by Sirius Black on 15 Jan 2019, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

Played By: Purple
Enter James Potter with his gleaming Head Boy badge pinned to his chest. He nodded his head in approval as he retrieved a bone shaped gingersnap from the inner pocket of his scarlet lined robe. “That’ll do, Monsieur Snuffles. That’ll do.”

James tossed his friend the cookie with a boyish grin.

Played By: Lilly
Sirius snapped up the cookie with a bizarre mixture of elegant grace and canine accuracy. He shut the compartment door behind him, ignoring, or perhaps utterly oblivious to the nervous raps on the door made by the other Marauder, Wormtail.

He swept himself into another low bow. "Sir Hacking Boggart, what are your divinely-inspired orders?"

His puffed out chest deflated the very instant the compartment door slid shut. James let out a heavy sigh. “First order of business? Keep me sane. A whole year without any rule breaking? I don’t think I can do it, Padfoot.”

Sirius let out a barking laugh. "Prongs my friend," he said, grasping James's shoulder, "this isn't a question of whether or not you can afford to break rules. It's simply a matter of breaking the rules under everybody's noses, without anyone seeing." He held out his hands. "And isn't that what we've been doing every year? Besides," he now plopped himself quite comfortably down on the bench, "if anything this is the perfect opportunity to find loopholes. You gotta twist the rules to work for you......and me," he added as an afterthought. "You'd better not leave me out of this."

James grinned. “Since when have I ever left you out of anything? You’re my best mate, Padfoot. Fleas and all. “

Unlike Sirius, James remained standing. His time in the compartment was limited and soon he’d have no choice but to leave to his Head Boy responsibilities, though he had no problem with this if it meant spending more time with Lily Evans.

Since when have I ever left you out of anything? he said whilst moving closer to the door (or at least, it sure looked like it....well he didn't look like he was gonna spend time with his best friend, at any rate!

The hint of a scowl began growing on Padfoot's face. Lately he'd been experiencing an emotion he'd never thought possible. And he didn't know what to do with it either. Suddenly, Sirius let out a laugh that was just a tad too hearty.

"Where are you going, Prongs? Have a sit!" He patted the seat next to him. "Or are you eager to start snogging your special someone?"

The growing scowl on his friend’s face didn’t go unnoticed and James smiled guiltily. He had been writing Lily Evans all summer since their goodbye kiss on the train ride home and now that the new school year was about to begin again, James was all too eager to pick up where they left off.

“That obvious? “

Of course it was obvious. It was difficult to hide such things from your roommate when one woke up every morning with an owl sitting on top of the recipient’s face clutching a perfumed note.

"That obvious? Prongs you prat, you practically pissed yourself every time an owl flew by. And unless Wormtail's suddenly decided to start wearing floral cologne -I'll eat my robes if it's Moony- then you've been receiving an awful lot of post from her, too."

Sirius pressed his fingers together and stared at the compartment floor. "I swear to Merlin, Prongs, if Evans winds up being Head Girl I don't know if I....." Jealousy gnawed at his stomach, preventing him from finishing his sentence. He didn't like this dark tone that was coming out of his mouth. It was too much like the way his parents spoke. It was like generations of Slytherins were finally worming their way into his head, questioning his loyalty to his best friend.

James bit the inside of his cheek as he stared down at his best friend. “You know she will be,” he said calmly,” From the moment she took her first steps into the Great Hall she was destined to be Head Girl. You know that as much as I do, Padfoot.” He sat down beside Sirius and propped his feet up on the seat across the way.

“You’re worried about something,” he said, stating the obvious, “go on…spit it out.”

Oh, so the humongous airhead finally figured out that something was up? (Merlin's beard this attitude didn't suit him, and yet, he couldn't shake it)
"Forget it," Sirius murmured, turning his head to the rain-glazed compartment window. "You're gonna be late for your Head Boyship or whatever it is." He was quickly sinking into those morose moods he experienced so often when he lived at the Black family home, spending days on end in his room staring at the ceiling as raw emotion ate away at him.

“I’ve never been on time for anything,” said James dismissively,” and I’m not about to start now.” He rose from his seat to sit across from Sirius rather than sit beside him so he could draw inappropriate doodles on the foggy train window. “Tell me.”

Arms folded tightly across his chest, Sirius huffed, but didn't turn his head away. It was a sign of their friendship that James was sitting across from him now instead of taking up the chance to show off to a certain probable Head Girl. As moody as he was, Sirius couldn't ignore that.

And yet, now that James's full attention was on him, now that he was in a rare moment of actual listening, Sirius didn't know what to say. It was like his lips had simply sewn themselves shut. This was why boys never talked out their feelings!

“So you’re going to make me guess ,” said James who paused in his doodling to think up ridiculous reasons for his best friend to act this way,

“You’re upset because I stole the last pancake at breakfast this morning,” He immediately shook his head. “No. No. That’s not it .”

James raked a hand through his messy hair. “You’re upset because I woke up early and got to King’s Cross before you. But, no, I don’t think that’s it either.”

He crossed his arms over his chest, mirroring Sirius’s posture. For a brief moment, the playful aura that usually surrounded the pair all but fled the train compartment they shared. “Sirius...” said James sincerely, “ you’ve been my best mate since we were eleven. You honestly think I can’t tell what’s wrong?”

James stole a glance to the compartment door window to ensure no one was eves dropping. He then turned his attention back to his best friend. “Me dating Lily won’t change what you and I have.”

Sirius let out a very un-Sirius snort. "How do you know? Between darling Lilly, Head Bubotuber duties, and Quidditch, when are we gonna have time to do all the stuff we used to? Have you noticed they've started separating us in Detention? Sure we've got the mirrors, but what if McGonnagall takes them away? She's bound to notice. Besides which," Sirius leaned forward, his arms still tightly wound about his chest, "are you even gonna risk anything that'll land you in Detention anymore? Or is dearest Lilly gonna try to turn you into Head Prat this year?"