See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!

Re: [Hogwarts] Little Do You Know

Lily Evans,

So much for not wanting to cry in front of him.

His words drew a sob from her, and she hung her head, the tears falling freely. Lily made no movement to pull her hands away from his, though. It was strangely comforting, her hands in his calloused hands. Her shoulders shook and she squeezed her eyes tightly shut.

"James..." she choked, forcing herself to look up at him. It was a big mistake. Those hazel eyes drew her in, and she instinctively moved closer. "You're an idiot... putting all your hope in one girl..." she said, her cheeks tear-streaked and her eyes already going red from crying. "Then again... maybe it's not so silly after all... because maybe the reason I've been avoiding you is because I know I'm falling in love with you with every passing day, and it took that day by the lake to make me realize it... to realize that you keep me grounded too."
“I’ve always been an idiot. That’s never going to change,” he said affectionally, willing the strength not to shed a tear in front of his dream girl.

Her eyes were still gorgeous even in their red puffy state. He was so distracted by them that he nearly missed what she had to say next.

Nearly.

James didn’t believe his own ears when she said that she loved him in return. It was both terrifying and exciting to have such intense feelings for someone and he wasn’t entirely sure what to do with it.

He tried to swallow the lump in his throat, but it was no use.

James let go of Lily’s hands in favor for gently cupping her tear stained face, his thumbs gently sweeping across her freckled cheeks to wipe away any lingering tears. His forehead touched hers in a gesture of affection.

“…I know…” he whispered, closing his eyes,” I’m afraid too…”

Several slow calming breaths later he said to her,” How about we try this again? Maybe third time is our charm? We can go slow…if you want…I can write you over the summer and we can see how this goes?“

Played By: Lilly

Lily Evans,

Lily’s eyes fluttered closed at his touch to her cheeks, and she rested her hands on top of his. The pair sat in silence like that, and then he spoke again.

She nodded, slowly standing up and switching to his side of the compartment so she could lean against him. “I’d like that,” Lily said softly, leaning her head against his shoulder. “I’d like it a lot. You’re a good guy, James. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize it.”
He smiled softly and lightly rested head on top of hers once she resettled herself at his side.

“I’m not a good guy, “he said as he laced his fingers with Lilly’s, “But I’m trying to be. Sorry it took me so long to come around.”

Lily Evans,

Lily glanced up at him, an equally soft smile on her face. “I suppose I can forgive you, if you’ll forgive me.”

It was oddly comfortable, leaning against him like that. Like they were meant to be together. She glanced down at their joined hands. “This is nice.”
There was nothing for him to forgive her for, but James couldn’t resist the urge to tease her.

“Mmm…I’ll think about it, “He said, his smile growing into a grin, meeting her gaze.

She was right, though, this did feel nice.

“Yeah, shame that we have to wait a few months before we can do this again. Does this mean I get a kiss goodbye?”

Lily Evans,

Her earlier tears were long forgotten as Lily gave a little laugh. "I'm sure you can survive a couple more months," she said, grinning up at him, "but you'll have to earn the goodbye kiss. And I'm not telling you what the criteria is." She could tease him too.
His eyebrows shot up and disappeared underneath his dark fringe. “No? Not even a hint?” James asked.

Witches were so hard to figure out.

“Just a little hint,” he pleaded,”C’mon, Lily. What if I buy you something from the trolley?”

Lily Evans,

Oh, this was fun. Lily giggled, shrugging one shoulder. It was all in good fun, and she couldn't deny that she wanted that kiss almost as much as he did. She pretended to think about his offer.

"Hmm, that would definitely be a step in the right direction," she said, quickly determining what it was she was looking for in her head. "Your hint is this: I only kiss when I'm happy."
James starred at her with no particular expression. She only kissed when she was happy? He'd buy her one of everything off the sweets trolley if it made her happy. Hell, he'd buy the train itself if it meant another kiss from Lily. But what she wanted in exchange was a true mystery to James.

"What kind of a hint is that?"

Lily Evans,

"A good one," Lily replied cheekily, looking up at him. "It's a very good hint. Listen to it and you'll get your kiss." She really just wanted to be near him, and to talk to him for the rest of the train ride. After everything, she wanted to get to know James better.

"So. Sirius is living with you now?"
James playfully narrowed his eyes at her, secretly admiring her cheekiness. “Yeah, he moved in with us last summer. He ran away and had no place to go. My parents immediately took him in.”

Anyone who knew James and Sirius knew that they acted more like brothers than friends.

Lily Evans,

Lily smiled, thinking about the other Gryffindor. It was good that the two were so close, and that James’ parents were so willing to take him in. She had heard a lot about the Black household from Severus in their earlier years, and it had seemed horrible to her. At least she had parents that loved her.

“Did they know what they were getting themselves into, letting the two of you live together under their roof?” She teased. It was no secret that James and Sirius could be a menace together. A very endearing menace, but a menace nonetheless.
James chuckled. “I don’t think they did, but they are good sports about it.” He reached up and around to place his arm around Lily, resting his hand on her shoulder as his fingers played with the ends of her hair. “What about your family? Did your sister fix that bird beak nose of hers yet?’

Lily Evans,

Lily laughed leaning into his arms. “She’s seeing someone, apparently, so maybe that will calm her down a bit. A nice muggle man, mum says.” She hesitated. “She never really got over the fact that I was a witch and she wasn’t. It hurt her a lot, and she decided she wanted to start hating me because of it.” Talking about her sister always made her uncomfortable, except for now, when she was safely in James’ arms.