A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

OOC • Stop in to chit chat and get to know your fellow players, or just take a break!
 #38736  by Susan

I am a firm believer that self care, while it will maybe not fix all your problems, is an important thing to remember to do, and to find little ways to treat yourself nicely once in a while.

What are everyone else's go to things they would do for a bit of self care?

Mine is to have a bath with a Lush bath bomb, since they aren't cheap, and sometimes also actually to just set aside time to go to bed early when I know I need a good nights sleep, and I'll go upstairs and get into pyjamas early, and give myself a long time to wind down, do a skincare routine, etc. Just basically making myself time.
 #38748  by Ejder

I'm not very good at self care, I'll say that straight off the bat. I'm bad at going to sleep on time, I'm occasionally terrible with my food choices, and if I didn't have a very physical job, I'd be super terrible at the whole staying active thing.

I tried the whole bath bomb, glass of wine, read a book in the bath thing once, but I ended up just feeling ridiculous. I don't know, relaxing just isn't easy for me. I'm 100% nervous energy.

My one thing when I need to unwind is I listen to music. Anything I feel like at the moment. Lately (and to no one's surprise), it's been the Kontra K playlist on Spotify, but sometimes it's blink-182, sometimes it's The Offspring, and sometimes it's Postmodern Jukebox, heh. Then again I listen to music really all the time, so I don't know if it counts. Also I find plants especially soothing, but I'm not sure that counts either because that's my job and I'm usually too tired to do anything plant-related when I come home.

I'm not sure why I'm so bad at this. :/

I sometimes buy myself flowers, because it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing it. I like it. Makes me happy. I like drinking smoothies, but that's more breakfast than self care. I do have an essential oil roller that I, well, roll on my temples, neck and wrists when I'm feeling especially stressed, and that seems to help somewhat.

But yeah, I'm terrible at doing what's good for me.
 #38757  by Vyreia

Susan wrote: 27 May 2020, 09:43 Mine is to have a bath with a Lush bath bomb, since they aren't cheap, and sometimes also actually to just set aside time to go to bed early when I know I need a good nights sleep, and I'll go upstairs and get into pyjamas early, and give myself a long time to wind down, do a skincare routine, etc. Just basically making myself time.
Are you me?

But yes, this basically. Not just bath bombs; my personal favourite from Lush is the Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar (what's with the names, man?). I also enjoy reading a bunch before I go to sleep. Sometimes I make myself a nice drink, something like hot chocolate.
 #39031  by Dizzy Izzy

I am all about that bath bomb life too. If I don't have bath bombs I'll sometimes use scented epsom salt - lavender is my favorite but I also like mint.

I started getting a 60 minute massage once a month and that is probably my favorite splurge self care thing that I do. Sadly I haven't been able to do that since March so I'm really missing it.
 #39070  by Morgana

I had not had that opinion. Yes I do something but my mind is always going if you will. For one thing with how things are now. I have work and work. But I also have stressor because of stupid people.

There was fire which someone choice do outside. Then I heard that they heard they yanking pulling people out of their car. We are closing early usually 5 and then they have some worker close do little bit stuff during it and then they have leave at 6. Tomorrow they have me working at 6 to 10.

Now I have wonder if I should come in because they have us leave at 6. I was told not too come in on that day. If this still going on. I got face mask it is called witch Hazel I been wanting to try.I do feel better after said what is going on in mind,