RP • While these stories must take place within the setting of the Harry Potter books, they may contain alternate plot lines or endings that occur in the books.
Forum rules: 
You are posting in a Freeform Sandbox Forum!
Freeform Sandbox OverviewSandbox PlottingPosting Templates
For additional BBCode templates, click here.

Kay, Active Player

Minerva McGonagall ★ Witch ★ Transfiguration Professor
She was reminded of a parody of marriage; a husband would bring flowers to the wife he had slighted. While she was not bringing flowers or attempting to mend an impaired marriage, she was carrying a gift that she hoped would aid her attempts to pacify her relationship with Amelia.

That morning, their interactions had been tenuous, to say the least. Minerva had left for Hogwarts hoping a few hours apart might allay the tension between them. As she had been sitting at her desk, catching up on correspondence, the dreadful weight in her stomach had made her realize that her wish would not be fulfilled.

Not inclined to change her position, Minerva was at a loss. How was she to proceed without compromising Amelia's safety? She had been staring out of a window, in the general direction of her cottage, thinking about the woman who resided in it, when Albus had found her.

The conversation that had ensued had been veiled in paraboles that she had yet to fully decipher, but he had managed to make her admit that she would have been as determined as Amelia to join the Order. To restrain her would likely exacerbate her conviction.

It is as a result of her conversation with Albus that Minerva brought home a small file.

As she walked into the cottage, Minerva pretended to be oblivious to the chilling residue of the previous night's confrontation. She sent her cloak towards the cupboard and approached her guest. "How is your back?" She inquired as if she had forgotten about the tension between them.

Alatariel, Active Player

Amelia Bones ★ Witch ★ Member of The Order of The Phoenix
Amelia spent most of her day pottering around Minerva's cottage and reading her book. Her back ached and at one point it burned so bad that she had taken off her shirt and laid on her designated bed with her front pressed into the mattress. She'd tried applying the ointment herself but had eventually given up when her shoulder had started to ache from the way she was stretching it. A numbing charm had worked for a little while, but it really only took the sting out of the burn and did nothing for the ache. The bones in her back seemed to be bruised all over and any movement caused her to hiss in pain so eventually she had no choice but to sleep.

She woke around three in the afternoon and had slipped into a loose sweater made out of french terry and made herself a sandwich since she had slept through lunch. It was another three hours later when Minerva walked through the front door, and after a trying her hardest to ignore the previous nights argument, everything seemed to come back in a wave of fury. How dear Minerva try and control what she did with her life. She wasn't her mother, she wasn't her wife, so the woman had no right. No right at all. This was Amelia's choice and like she had told Minerva, she needed this. She needed to something to keep herself busy otherwise she would go crazy because who knew how long she'd be cooped up in this cramped cottage with nothing to do. She would loose her mind. She would.

"Fine," She responded in a monotone voice. Amelia made to get up from where she sat perched on the couch, intending on spending the rest of the night in her room.
Last edited by Alatariel on 12 Oct 2019, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Kay, Active Player

Realizing Amelia had no intention of sweeping their disagreement under the proverbial rug, Minerva gathered her patience. "Amelia," she pleaded in a tone that was all too reminiscent of her well-fenced insecurities. Quick to wipe the moment of weakness from view, she cleared her throat. "I have something for you," she made sure to display the file of parchment she had been holding before she sat on the sofa her friend had just vacated.

Looking over her shoulder, she let it known that she was offering an olive branch.

Alatariel, Active Player

Stilling from where she stood at the end of the couch, Amelia stared longingly at the door that would take her down the hall to her bedroom. Away from this conversation, away from Minerva. Amelia recognized however the olive branch her friend was extending and she found herself unable to continue walking.

Sucking in a breath, she turned slowly, pulling self-consciously at the bottom of her sweater. It rubbed against her back and she winced but managed to hold in a gasp.

"What do you have?" She asked, willing to bite.

Alatariel, Active Player

Sniffing, she reached a hand down and used the sofa arm to lower herself until she sat rigid on the cushion she had just vacated.

"I'm tired Minerva," She said in way of making the woman get on with whatever she had to show her.

Kay, Active Player

"Of course," she acquiesced.

Minerva had spent most of her night having an imaginary argument with the blonde and she had no doubt Amelia had spent a great deal of hers doing the same. Not to mention the discomfort and pain she must have felt. Needless to say, sleep had been scarce if existent.

"The file contains your first assignment from the Order. Albus said you would understand," she presented. Hand placed above the file that rested on her lap, she made sure it remained there. "But before you open it, I would like to tell you something." She paused. How was it that she could run towards armed Ministry Officials without hesitation, yet when the time came to discuss certainly things courage seemed to completely eluded her.

"You'll have to forgive me. I'm not quite certain how to express this," she silently cursed Albus for asserting that she should. "As I tried to express yesterday, the thought of you putting yourself at risk worries me."Lips pinched she contemplated her admission with disdain.

Alatariel, Active Player

Recognizing that Minerva was trying her hardest to express herself without angering either one of them, Amelia sat still and kept her mouth shut, even as her gaze flitted down to the file and remained there.

She understood Minerva's worries of course, especially considering what she just went through, surviving an assassination attack at the hand of Voldemort himself and all that, but she needed something! Something to pass the time because to the rest of the world, Amelia Bones had succumbed to her wounds four hours after escaping the attack and because of this, she had lost her job, her home, her life essentially and she just couldn't handle it, if Minerva took the only thing she had going for her away.

"It's only research gathering Minerva. I won't be out in the field like the rest of the order. I will remain here, in the safe confines of your home while doing what I can to bring that--that bas--wizard down!" She looked up from the file to stare imploringly at her friend. "I acknowledge you worry, but it is not needed. Truly."