RP • Freeform roleplaying taking place at Hogwarts and in the wizarding world. Stories in this forum must adhere to the canon setting and storyline of the Harry Potter series.
Forum rules: 
You are posting in a Freeform Sandbox Forum!
Freeform Sandbox OverviewSandbox PlottingPosting Templates
For additional BBCode templates, click here.

Alatariel, Active Player

Viktoria Klein★ Witch ★ Designer
Walking alongside Elyse on the wet sand, she dug her toes into it with each step as she watched the waves roll in and then out, tickling her ankles as it went. She had walked this beach nearly every day since coming to Monterey nearly two weeks ago, but she had yet to do so with Elyse. Usually they would just walk a little, find a place to sit and then spend the time relaxing and swimming.

This evening was a little different, the sun was going down, casting a brilliant orange hue across the expanse before them and it seemed they didn't have a set destination in mind. They just walked until Elyse spoke and then Viktoria slowed to a stop. Through her dark tinted glasses, she gazed at the blonde woman who was walking in the water a little off to her left.

"You didn't," She replied as she licked her lips, "I like talking to you."

Kay, Active Player

Time of Day: Evening • Weather: Warm Winds
Elyse Nordstrom ★ Witch ★ W.A.R.T. Administrator
"I do too, it's..." defining it would cheapen it so she let the rest of her sentence die with a swell of the ocean.

She turned towards the declining sun. Silence had never scared her. She valued it more than the futile platitudes people shared for fear of getting confronted by their own thoughts. But right now she wished she could find something to say. Viktoria's immobile figure next to her suddenly felt like an immutable yet undefined threat, something to set her off balance.

Alatariel, Active Player

Viktoria smiled lightly as she looked at Elyse. Even with her glasses perched on her nose, she still had to squint too make out the woman, the sun setting behind Elyse made her look more like an outline than an actual person.

In truth talking to Elyse was the closet she got to feeling free since she’d begun a relationship with Phillip. The man wasn’t awfully controlling but playing the dutiful partner to a politician was draining and pretending that she still felt the same as she had when they’d first started dating was even more so. She smiled for the cameras, touched him at all the right times, and even told him that she loved him when she felt it was needed, but it was all fake. An act and Viktoria wasn’t even sure that Phillip knew. Part of her wished he did, but part of her also feared what came with freedom. Loneliness.

There were of course something’s Viktoria felt she couldn’t tell Elyse. Partially because there were no words that felt accurate enough but also because voice such thinkings allowed made them real. Made them a tangible entity and Viktoria wasn’t sure she wanted that, no matter how much she wished for freedom. Telling Elyse just how much she wanted out of her relationship with Phillip would mean she’d have to act on it.

Unlike Phillip however, Viktoria hoped that Elyse knew this. That she could sense it because while she didn’t have her freedom. She wasn’t alone. Not with the blonde standing in front of her, looking at like she wanted to fix all her problems. Problems they’d discussed and problems they hadn’t.

Realizing she’d forgotten all about the bottle of unfinished wine she’d brought with her, she lifted it to her lips and took a sip.

“I think Phillip wants to marry next February.” She said.

Kay, Active Player

Time of Day: Evening • Weather: Warm Winds
The world of politics bore little surprise for Erik Nordstrom's wife. Everything was about optics and optics while frustrating were extremely simple. Everything had a role, a place and one was expected to operate within those parameters. Viktoria's was a politician's partner. Optics would expect that she and Phillip to marry at some point. And yet, Elyse was surprised to hear that potential plans had been considered.

Elyse felt rather concerned about the news. What of her friend's proverbial freedom? A luxury that was rather rare for those who lived under the gaze of a constituency.

Elyse took her glasses from her nose and left them to rest atop her head. A polite congratulation remained confined in confusion. Blindly staring in the distance she wondered. " "Is that what you want?"

Alatariel, Active Player

Pressing the base of the wine bottle against her hip bone, she let it rest there as she drummed her fingers against the neck of it. She avoid Elyse’s gaze—something she realized she’d been doing an awful lot since she’d felt that stirring in her belly not one hour ago—and looked back at the beach house they’d been staying in the last week and a bit. She gazed at the illuminated window of her temporary bedroom, the light having been left on by Phillip no doubt, and then found herself shaking her head lightly. Ever so lightly that it could have been a small twitch to remove the hair that had fallen across her forehead.

“No,” The designer answered after a beat. She turned back to meet Elyse’s gaze head on, “No i don’t, but it would make sense in a lot of ways.”

Kay, Active Player

"It makes sense that he would want to get married," she conceded with the meek smile of a judge laying a sentence they thought too severe. What did not, was that her friend was willing to marry him when that was not what she wanted.

Elyse was not one for physical displays of affection, yet her hand somehow found itself wrapped around Viktoria's frustratingly well-sculpted bicep. "And what is it that you want?" She asked, all too aware of the vast possibilities she was alluding to.
Last edited by Kay on 19 Jul 2019, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Alatariel, Active Player

VIktoria shook her head again, "No, but I will." And Viktoria would because it made sense, and she didn't want to be alone. Not again.

"Phillip is a good man and I could certainly do worse." She attempted to smile but it wobbled terribly as her eyes begun to burn. She turned away and begun to walk further down the beach again.

Kay, Active Player

Elyse struggled to understand why she felt so resistant to her friend's dutiful submission. She was proud of being a politician's wife, but she couldn't quite feel happy for Viktoria.

Witnessing the sadness in her friend's eyes, she couldn't let her go without attempting to console her. As words continued to elude her, she could only reach out and grab the other woman's hand. Surprised by her own gesture, she looked towards the ocean as she kept walking.

Alatariel, Active Player

Sucking in a sharp breath as she felt Elyse slip her fingers in between her own, Viktoria squeezed the woman's hand tightly, twice in quick succession.

"Between your...arrangement with Erik, have you ever..." She cleared her throat, "developed feelings for someone else?"

Kay, Active Player

Elyse Nordstrom did not discuss feelings. She discussed plans and actions, but realizing she couldn't avoid Viktoria's question forever, she pushed her glasses down from the top of her head. At least her sunglasses would serve as a sort of shield.

"I never let them become more important than my marriage," she explained though she didn't fully realize what she was saying. While she believed it meant her husband remained her priority what she truly meant was that their ambitions were her priority.

She looked at Viktoria, trying to see if her sadness had dissipated. Without realizing it she came to a stop and turned her body towards Viktoria. She lifted the sunglasses from her eyes and studied her intent of hunting down the melancholy she had seen earlier.

Alatariel, Active Player

Viktoria sighed quietly but nodded in understanding. She almost felt disappointed that Elyse was always so in control that not even such a thing as 'feelings' could get the best of her.

"It must be nice," She murmured as she watched Elyse study her, "To not have to worry about that. About...feelings."

Kay, Active Player

One hand resting on Vik's shoulder and the other hovering close to the sunglases she had just placed on her friend's head, Elyse recieved her friend's comment with a surprising amount of resistance. She did not dicuss feelings, nor did she give them much importance, but she did have them. Of all people, she thought her friend might have been more inclined to see that side of her.

Instead of refuting Viktoria's hypothesis, Elyse retreated further into the blurring borders of her armor. Abandoning her study of her friend's features, she gestured towards the bottle her friend had brought. "It is," Elyse conceded from behind a well-molded mask.

Alatariel, Active Player

Blinking, she passed the bottle of wine to her friend, "Do you not worry that you could develop feelings for someone other than Erik?" Viktoria asked, moving slowly until she hit dry sand and then sitting down. "Being sexually intimate with someone else..." Viktoria shrugged as she looked up at Elyse and let out a laugh.

"I don't know, I feel like it could get messy, and while Phillip and I might not have have the same relationship that you and Erik have...seeing other people could get complicated," The words sounded sensible, but Viktoria didn't believe a single one of them. She'd always lived an impulsive life, but when it came to her marriage, Viktoria had always let Phillip lead. It was the only way she would not embarrass him.

Kay, Active Player

Elyse took a long sip of wine and joined her friend on the ground. Bottom of her feet glued together, knees as far apart as possible, the congresswoman set the bottle of wine between them. A yoga instructor would would have been impressed by her perfect posture for a bhadrasana.

"You think we should stop?" Elyse struggled to understand why Viktoria was so curious about her arrangement with Erik. "It's not for everyone," she added. "I'm not implying that you should try it."

Alatariel, Active Player

Viktoria licked her lips and reached for the bottle of wine between them, "I know," She replied, "I guess I'm just jealous, and a little surprised. In the years that we've been friends, you've never told me about sleeping with other people." She took a sip of the wine and then eyed Elyse.

"Have you been with a woman?"