A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

"These are dark times, there is no denying..."
Scrimgeour said it first, but we're feeling it in the real world and we know you are too!

Click here to view our announcement on resources for isolating together!
After the national split in 2018, England and Wales remain united while Ireland has reformed a single country and Scotland remains independent.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Great Britain] or [Scotland]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
 #37084  by Aksel Larsen

The way Beckham was acting was setting Aksel on edge. He felt all his muscles tensing up, and forced himself to take a deep breath. It didn't help. He was about to tell his husband to reveal what was wrong, when Beck took out a wooden stick from his jacket. The Danish man didn't have time to have any other reaction than raise his eyebrows before the older man waved it about and started to make a book fly.

Aksel's jaw fell open. He couldn't see a string, but surely it was a trick. But Beckham looked dead serious.

'What- what are you doing?' He looked at the book, and then at his husband, in shock first, but then there was also fear.
 #37290  by Beckham Wexler

The book fell to the ground as Beck rushed to Aksel's side. "Don't be afraid, love," he took Aksel's hand. "I can perform magic," he shrugged as if it was a minor detail. "But I'm the same Beck you fell in love with."

Except it was not a minor detail. It was a huge part of who he was.
 #37299  by Aksel Larsen

Aksel instinctively squeezed his husband's hand as soon as Beck grasped it, but it was only a second before he pulled it away, and took a step back to put some distance between the two of them.

'I─ I─,' Aksel stammered, his mouth opening without him being able to make more coherent a noise. 'Ma-magic?' He tried to swallow, but it was almost impossible. 'Don't... don't touch me. You can do magic?' He took a few more steps back, and decided to go sit on Beckham's bed. 'Is─ is this new?'
 #37339  by Beckham Wexler

"No, it's-" he winced. The question alone made him realize the extent of his betrayal. His cavalier stance vanished.

"I was born like this," his shoulders slumped. "Aksel," he sighed. "I should have told you a long time ago." He scratched the back of his neck. "A long time ago," he echoed his own regret.
 #37411  by Aksel Larsen

'You─ you were born like this?' Aksel didn't seem to be able to do much more than parrot Beckham's words. He looked down at his hands, but neither his fingers nor his palms appeared to be giving him any hint whatsoever as to what he was supposed to say next.

'You could always do this? C─ can you do more?' The tone wasn't one of awe or excitement, but of apprehension, and something akin to fear. Aksel looked at the other man with no apparent expression. 'You could always do this?'
 #37442  by Beckham Wexler

How he'd wish to see Aksel angry, instead of this state of disappointment and defeat.

"I was born like this and yes I can do more." It was an oversimplification of the facts, but Beckham didn't think it was the time to tell Aksel about wizarding schools.

"Aby too, my whole family." He added.
 #37444  by Aksel Larsen

Aksel took in the blow like a punch to the gut, and continued to recoil further from the other man. 'Your sis─ your whole family?' He bit his thumb. Maybe if he bit down hard enough he would wake up. Because this was a nightmare, wasn't it?

'And you never told me?' Somehow voicing his question was what hurt the most. Because the answer was obvious. 'You─ you lied to me. The whole time I've known you.' This wasn't a question. He now knew it to be fact. His tone was soft, he had no fight in him. He never had, really. Aksel wasn't a man of confrontation. He was a happy guy, shy, but who got along with everyone who took the time to get to know him. Right now, though, he was an entirely deflated man.
 #37456  by Beckham Wexler

A lie by omission was a lie nonetheless.

"I have," he owned up to his aberration. "Please forgive me," he begged. He ran his hands through his hair and swallowed thickly. "I-I-I," he wasn't sure how to explain what he had done. "It was a mistake," he argued as if it alleviated the gravity of his actions.
 #37479  by Aksel Larsen

Aksel wasn't sure whether it was his head or his stomach that was hurting him more. Everything around him seemed so dull. The loudest noise was this incessant pounding in his head. All else seemed to fade in the background, including the other man's voice. He kept on biting his thumb, drawing blood. He didn't notice.

'You know,' he said in a lifeless voice. 'I really thought you were going to say you had cheated on me.' He got back to work on his thumb. 'I think... I think I would have liked it better if you had cheated on me. Because sex, I could understand. But this... All this time...' Aksel shrugged, powerless. 'You lied all along.'

Finally he lifted his gaze to meet the other man's. 'Was this... was any of us true? Or did you magic that?'
 #37615  by Beckham Wexler

His betrayal being framed as worst than adultery gave Beckham a better understanding of the extent of the damage he had caused. In a futile attempt to save himself from the walls that we closing n on him, he undid the first few buttons of his shirt.

"You can't magic what we have," Beckham spoke a little louder than he had expected. His frustration towards himself was starting to be aimed at the innocent. He took a deep breath. He looked at the man who's trust he had broken. "I have never used magic on you. And everything I told you I felt for you is real."
 #37618  by Aksel Larsen

Aksel winced and looked down at his spare hand once more as the other man raised his voice. How was he the one who's life was coming crashing down and the one who was getting talked to like this? He continued to bite his thumb, seeing the blood without really seeing it. Anything to wake himself up from what could only be a nightmare. Aksel so desperately wanted Bamse to shake him awake, and hold him in his arms and tell him everything was going to be alright, that it was only a bad dream, like Beckham had done when they'd first moved to England and the younger man had dreamed his entire family had died.

But the other man talking him down loudly was enough to tell him that this was all too real. Aksel tried to swallow, but it wasn't easy. When he managed to look back up at the other man, his eyes were welled up with tears.

'How can I believe that?' He shrugged. 'It was all a lie... I don't know you. I─ I feel sick.' He was feeling nauseous, and it was all he could do not to retch.