Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
r_avatar

[London] Wrap Me Up, Unfold Me

Vera Hadley, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Wizengamot Administration Services • Ombudsperson
Time of Day: Evening • Weather: Cloudy

Due to a meeting running long, she and Louis had eaten dinner rather late. Noticing the little boy's whining and his incessant blinking Vera had moved straight from dinner to bedtime routine. Barely putting up a fight, the little boy had cuddled into his favourite stuffed toy and had fallen asleep before Vera had reached the end of his favourite lullaby.

After she had sent Louis's toys to the chest she concentrated on the pile of dishes she had left on the counter. She was scrubbing her first plate when a toy crashed into one of their many lamps, startled the blonde and made her drop the plate on the ground. "Bloody Hell!" She let out at least as loud as the crashes.

Hoping the noise had not woken up her son, she winced. When a few seconds of silence passed she started picking up the pieces of ceramic. What a mess!

Played By: Kay
r_avatar

Re: [London] Wrap Me Up, Unfold Me

Evelyn Winters, The Daily Prophet

Magical ★ Editor-in-Chief
Evelyn hardly ever worked late any more, or she at least tried her hardest to leave headquarters before dinner time. Usually she succeeded but she'd had no such luck tonight. Someone in her editorial department had lost the prints of page one's photo shoot staring Brooklyn Stone. She had managed to track them down eventually, but she was also down an editor and that position would need to be filled as soon as possible if she was going to keep the board off her back.

It was just after eight when she walked into her house. She sighed audibly in relief as she toed off her heels and placed them neatly on the show rack. Her coat put it self away in the entrance closet and her purse followed suit. Low music drifted from the kitchen that told Evelyn, Louis had been put to sleep and that Vera was cleaning up. This was her wife's nightly routine, something Evelyn was sad to have missed the beginning of.

Rounding the corner into the small, but tastefully decorated kitchen, Evelyn was just about to greet her wife when a crash sounded from the living room. Evelyn immediately turned her head to look towards the commotion. Apparently one of Louis' wooden trucks had smashed right through one of Evelyn's favourite table lamps. The Moroccan styled base now lay shattered on the living room carpet. She sucked in a deep breath.

Welcome home, Evelyn.

"I rather liked that lamp," She said quietly, still staring at the ruined light.
r_avatar

Re: [London] Wrap Me Up, Unfold Me

Vera Hadley, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Wizengamot Administration Services • Ombudsperson
Jumping again when she heard her wife she reflexively clenched her fist around a sharp piece of ceramic. She winced and cursed under her breath. Holding her bloody hand over the sink, she looked at the superficial yet unwelcome wound. "M'sorry. I'll get you another one." She mumbled as she pulled a shard of plate from her palm.

Tensed because of her long day at work, her evening without Evelyn and the pile of blunders she was suddenly amassing, Vera felt overwhelmed.

Played By: Kay