Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
r_avatar

Harry Potter, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement • Auror
He was dying. He was sure of it. There was no other explanation for the way his body seemed to be falling apart. The sneezing wouldn’t stop, nor did the chills that constantly ran through him. He didn’t want to eat or drink or even get up to move because it wasn’t worth the effort of using energy he didn’t have. Then there was the head pain, the brain splitting migraine caused by the relentless sinus congestion that made him feel dizzy and nauseous.

So, Harry decided it was best just to burry himself under a pile of tacky throw pillows on the sofa. As he lay accepting his fate, he couldn’t shake off the nagging feeling as if he had forgotten something incredibly important.

Played By: Lilly
r_avatar

Ginny Weasley, Intl. Quidditch Association

Magical ★ Holyhead Harpies • Chaser
An hour. That was how long Ginny had waited at the Leaky Cauldron for Harry to appear. It was a casual setting, a place they both knew really well, central location as well so not difficult to apparate to, it could not have been easier. And still, he failed to show up.

As each minute passed, Ginny felt her anger building and building. This had been his idea. He had come to seek her out after that Quidditch match, wanting a second chance. He had arranged their last few dates. He had given her hope again that this actually may work, and now he doesn't show up without an owl, or any kind of warning.

In the end, Ginny was blinded by anger and apparated to where she knew she could confront him - it was easy, it wasn't like she hadn't been to Harry's house before. She used to spend months at a time at Grimmauld Place.

"HARRY POTTER!" Ginny yelled as she pounded on the door. She wasn't sure what she'd say to him if he was in there, but that didn't stop her.

Played By: Susan
r_avatar

His head was pounding. No. Wait. That was someone at the door. His head popped out from the pile of pillows like a meerkat popping out of its hole. “Go away!” shouted Harry, his voice raw.

He forced his aching body off the sofa and lazily padded his way to the front door. It took every last bit of energy he had to tug it open. “What do you want?” He asked grumpily, standing in the open doorway with hair that looked as if he’d been in a fight with a weed wacker, wearing nothing but his snitch patterned boxers as he held one arm in front of his eyes to block out the burning sun light.

It was then that Harry saw a flash of flaming red hair in his peripherals.

GINNY!

In a moment of panic Harry accidentally slammed the door in her face.

How could he have forgotten that they were suppose to meet up? HOW?

Here he was trying to patch up their relationship and he unintentionally stood her up.

...and possibly just smashed her face flat with the door...

He pressed his forehead against the other side of the door, groaning in pain, stupidity, and embarrassment.

“Sorry...” he said through the door, “just...just give me a minute.”

By sheer force of will he went back to the living room and grabbed his pajama pants from off the floor, nearly falling over as he slipped them on. Not a minute later he was opening the door for Ginny to step inside.

r_avatar

What happened next happened so fast that Ginny barely had time to gather her thoughts. She opened her mouth to reply when he asked what she wanted, but before she was able to get any words out, the door had been slammed in her face. Brilliant. His tone seemed to have changed since the last time they met up.

The next time he opened the door, Ginny just stood there staring for a few seconds.

"What was that all about? Why did you slam the door in my face when you saw me?" Ginny asked angrily, before noticing what Harry actually looked like.

"Wow, you look like hell."

r_avatar

“Thanks, Gin,” was the dry response from a very sick Harry. “I feel like hell.” He closed the door once they were both inside.

“Sorry about the-uh- door. I just wasn’t expecting to see you standing there looking so wonderful and for you to see me like-“ He suddenly turned away and sneezed so that he wouldn’t sneeze on her. “-like this.”

He sniffed and tilted his head up to keep his nose from running. “I’m dying,” complained Harry.

r_avatar

Ah, he was sick. Well, that actually did explain a lot. Though for someone who had saved the Wizarding World, he was acting very pathetic.

"Okay, let's go inside then, before you actually drop dead on the doorstep," Ginny said with a small smile. Now that she'd turned up, she felt like she couldn't possibly just leave him now in this kind of state.

r_avatar

Harry frowned. “You should go,” he protested though he made no attempt to actually see her out, secretly wanting her to stay. “I don’t want you catch my plague of death.”

He quickly turned to launch himself into another sneezing fit. By the time it finally stopped he had to lean against the wall for support to keep from collapsing in the middle of the hallway. He whined in misery. The sofa seemed so far now.

r_avatar

"It's fine, I have the immune system of an athlete now, I don't get sick," Ginny shrugged, as if it was the most casual thing in the world. Her healthy eating plan and exercise routine probably had made her healthier than she had ever been before.

"Okay, you definitely need to lie back down," Ginny put a hand out supporting his shoulder as she nudged him back down the corridor inside. "I know I'm an athlete, but I don't really feel like carrying you if you collapse."

r_avatar

Harry nodded and slowly trudged his way back to the sofa. He all but collapsed into the cushions, face down into one of the pillows, uncomfortably smashing his glasses into his face in the process. Groaning, he rolled over. Breathing was probably important if he were to get better because getting better ment another date with Ginny. As soon as he was settled, he began to feel cold despite his steady increasing temperature. “Gin? I think there’s a few blankets in the closet over there...can you grab me one?” He looked up at her, eyes begging.

r_avatar

Well, this was different from what Ginny had originally thought they would be doing today. All of her ideas had involved Harry being somewhat more of a functional human being than this.

"Sure," Ginny said, as she walked over and grabbed one of the blankets. She unfolded it and laid it over him while he was lying down.

"Do you have any Pepperup Potions lying around anywhere?" Ginny asked, thinking that might help a little bit.