Calling all players! The last day of the season is April 28th. Character creation is now closed and will reopen in the new season. ★

The Vault 713 Staff is Hiring! Are you interested in helping keep the Vault running? We're seeking a few good witches and wizards to help with the day-to-day management. Apply [Here]

Re: [Binx Manor] Sssshhhh!

Anubis stood there sipping his coffee, and rolled his eyes at the other men and their comments. "And I reckon this kitchen is more mine than either of yours, so if I want to stand around in the kitchen and drink my brew, then I think I can without anyone giving me shi--" and before he could complete that sentence, Melody came in. It was probably best Anubis chose his words carefully around the nine year old.

Played By: Binxyboo

Ah yes, speaking of Cairo having moved in with Shiro, he had to talk about that with the other man. He chuckled at Shiro's words, then said "well I should have known you didn't want me to move in for my excellent tea brewing skills. But on a more serious note, there is something I should tell you..."

And before Cairo could finish what he wanted to tell Shiro, Anubis responded. Cairo looked more and more irked as Anubis spoke, but before he could react or before Anubis even finished his sentence, Melody came skipping in.

Cairo grabbed Melody and propped her onto his leg while making the noises like she was heavy for him to lift. "You're getting too big these days, kid" he said, then went on to respond to her question about November. "Soon, princess, soon. In fact-.." he paused to check the time, then added " you could go and wake her up now, if you like? Because I need to talk to uncle Shiro about something".

He merely chuckled, saying nothing at the joke. Something normal for him, the fact he was chuckling meant a lot in terms of him finding the man funny. He simply had his eyebrow raised as the kid talked back, in his mind the child had a point with him. He wasn't family - at least he wasn't accepting he was. Cairo however was, and had lived in this house all his life. If there was anyone in the room who had a rebuttal it would be Cairo. Watching the girl come in, he wondered what the man wanted to talk to him about...because in truth he wanted to tell Cairo something involving the home. And it had nothing to do with what he thought the man was going to ask him, him and Hiro had been talking about it a week before hand. A week before he even had an inkling something was going on.
"What is it Cairo?" He asked, taking a sip of his tea before putting the cup back down.

Cairo looked to Anubis and said "why don't you take Melody up to November, you might as well make yourself a little useful". Normally Cairo wouldn't want Anubis near November, seeing as he found out the pair of them had slept together, but seeing as Melody would be with them, he didn't think he had to worry about anything. He looked back to Melody, then said "do you want to go with uncle Anubis to go and wake mummy?"

Once Anubis would take Melody to November, Cairo turned his attention back to Shiro and spoke. Finally, the pair were alone and could talk without Anubis being nosy and lingering around.

"Well..." he started, "I think I'm going to have to move back here, and out of your place. November told me last night she has to work out of the country, and not wanting to drag Melody around, especially as she'll be starting school soon, she thought it would be best Melody should come and live with me. I thought that was a great idea, as I don't like missing out on Melody's upbringing, but I don't want to burden with you, so I thought it would be best if I moved out".

"Yessss!" she cheered while hopping down from her father's lap and to her feet. She then ran over to Anubis and took his hand, "come on!" she shouted while dragging him off up stairs to her mother's room.

Anubis really didn't want to go anywhere, he was happy staying in the kitchen sipping his coffee, and getting on his uncle's nerves. However, the idea of being around November, that was a plus, so he put his coffee cup down onto the side, let Melody grab his hand and went off with her.

It baffled Anubis why Cairo was so sensitive about November though, they wasn't even together. Yes they have a child together, and from time to time when she's in town they'll sleep together. But they wasn't a couple! So why did it bother Cairo so much what Anubis and November did.

He waited until they were alone before listening...and not seeing Cairo's point. When he was home he wasn't out of his office which wasn't because of everyone in it..it was because of his habit to work himself for hours on end. More to the point he had news of his own.
"You are fine, I rarely leave my office. It's Hiro that's running the halls." He countered...Hiro would have had to talk to him, if it wasn't for Shiro's next news.

"And in anycase, Were moving back to Japan." He just...said it. Because there was no other way to say it. "I'd appreciate it, if it was lived in after all the time it took to fix it back up." He reasoned.

Cairo was going to argue on the matter, how he still didn't want to bring a noisy child into Hiro, Shiro, and any other Yakuzza members who occasionally joined them's home. He thought it would disrupt their home life, and he didn't want to be the cause of that.

However, with Shiro announcing they were moving back to Japan, Cairo looked surprised, and a little disappointed by this. "Oh..." he said with a tone to match that disappointment on his face.

"Well, I know I was planning to move out, but I wasn't leaving the country" he said with a forced chuckle. "I will keep the place alive for you, I'll stay. And if Melody breaks anything, I'll make sure to fix it" he added, while smirking as he was just trying to wind Shiro up over things getting broken.
Last edited by Cairo Binx on 27 Feb 2019, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

Shiro saw the disappointment, and deep down he felt bad for it. Deep down. When it came to his actual actions on the matter he simply leaned on the counter and nodded as he was never one with his feelings on his sleeve. He did however respect the fact he'd be missed by somebody during his half year away.
"It's where my life is Cairo, my men...my job." He said, not going into the fact he was also moving back to get away from being in a family lifestyle. The idea scared him in fact.

He cleared his throat,
"It'll be half a year in Japan and half a year here. Each year, due to the fact I do have responsibility's there and here," Though part of him was wondering if he'd even want to come back. He liked Cairo, they had become close. It was Yukiko and Prue and the fact people were trying to pull him into their life almost forcefully that he minded. Cairo hadn't done that.
"Honestly, the things here were given to us by Genesis...after Prudence forced him to hand it over to us. Why do you think we replaced the furnishings?" He chuckled. "You don't have to leave, even when were there. Me and Hiro both have daughters. We know how kids can be." He reasoned.

If Cairo was trying to wind him up, he was about to find he was a hard man to wind up.

"Still, six months is a long time" he replied. "I know you've got responsibilities, but it's a shame you have to go. You're probably the least annoying person I've met in a long time" he chuckled. "It would be a shame to lose my tea drinking buddy".

Cairo finished off his tea, he held back a sigh that wanted to escape, again over Shiro leaving, and just tried to be supportive for the man he classed as his friend. "Well, you better not ditch us forever. You had better come back, who else will I get to drink tea with, you know, that isn't boring and annoying to talk to?"

It was, and it was...needed. At least in his mind, but again he respected the fact he'd be missed and chose not to give Cairo his normal temperament on the matter of what was his business and his alone.
"I'm sure I'm not the only one, I'm sure Mark would love to drink tea with you - but...I'm not going for good and I'm an owl away." And for Cairo he was. Only a few got an invitation to owl him for something more than business.

He chuckled,
"We'll be back, I've been told Hiro's hard to stay away from people he likes and he seems to like all of you." He paused, "Your...one of the few I happen to like." He added, He wouldn't miss Michelle or Prue and Yukiko was making it onto the list those two were put on from the start. He sighed, putting his drink in the sink.
"I just...need to find myself again," He turned back gathering his papers. "And stop ignoring my boys in Japan while I'm at it, Mister Higarashi blew up the training are just last week during an unscheduled bomb test...That needs addressed." He chuckled.

Cairo chuckled about the bomb, then gave a little understanding nod as he said "it definitely sounds like they need you. It's ok, I'll adjust, and then before I know it you'll be back and we can have another chinwag and share a pot of tea. And to be honest, it's pretty quiet around here now, there isn't much excitement going on. At least when you return from Japan you might have some interesting stories, hell you haven't even left yet and have told me about people blowing places up back in Japan. When you return in a few months I can see it now, you'll have many stories to tell".

Cairo rose from his seat and followed Shiro's actions and put his cup into the sink. "Well I best go make sure November hasn't killed Anubis for waking her up, and have a chat with Melody about how she's going to be moving in soon."

In all actuality, him joining them back in England didn't bode well for the people in question. There are rules that were probably broken in the mentioned explosion that would be brought to light and addressed. He chuckled, stories...right. 'the ones I am willing' he thought to himself, as he kept real yakuza business in the yakuza and nothing else. The explosion didn't count as official business, what he was going to do to the people who did it? That would be the official part.
"Depending on the material in the story." He smiled. "Can't wait." He gave a rare smile, maybe for Cairo he just might put in the effort to make it happen.

He chuckled,
"See...not boring at the moment." He said, watching the man leave before he started to put his work in a pile to collect. He turned out the light as he left the room.