[Binx Manor] Sssshhhh!

Cairo Binx,

Time of Day: Afternoon • Weather: Raining

The day after the Binx New Years Party at the manor, and the place was filled with a few guests, both Binxies and none Binxies. Cairo was currently asleep in his bed, November sprawled out beside him, but the pleasant sleep he was currently having didn't last long, as he could hear shouting down the corridor.

Cairo grumbled, why were the noisy members awake at this hour, they should be sleeping as the sun's up. But the more Cairo listened, the more he noticed the voices weren't of his nephews and niece.

Sighing as he was tired and hung over, Cairo rolled out of bed, grabbed his robe and went to see what all the commotion was about.

It sounded like the shouting was coming from the kitchen, but when Cairo arrived to that room, no one was there, and the shouting had stopped. He glanced around the kitchen wondering if he was losing his mind, or maybe dreaming....
Last edited by Cairo Binx on 13 Mar 2019, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [Binx Manor] Sssshhhh!

He'd wanted to get away from Hiro and the girls for a bit, and ended up in the kitchen in order to do so in full Black Yukata robes and messing black hair thanks to his charm, black eyes looked over the back yard. That was until he heard the footsteps coming near. Shiro wasn't a huge day person, often showing signs of being a vampire without the perks of it. That made even more on edge when he heard the footsteps. a

That was until he realized and remembered where he was. "That...would have been silly." He said glad he had snapped out of it before any sharp blades or wands were seen from his person. The footsteps still coming,

"Can't sleep Cairo?" He asked sipping his tea in the only area of the kitchen that Shiro hadn't been standing.

Cairo Binx,

Cairo's attention soon went into the direction of where Shiro's voice had come from, and he jumped a little startled. "Oh! Shiro... Was that you arguing with someone by any chance?" he asked while rubbing the back of his neck, confused and still looking around the room wondering if he was losing it.

With a light sigh, Cairo went and sat to one of the stools at the breakfast bar. He was thinking if someone really was shouting around the manor loud enough to wake him up, then November would have woken up too and started bitching and moaning about her sleep being ruined. So had he imagined it?

The paperwork scattered on the table, Shiro shook his head...if he had been screaming at something it would have been the file on the table, and he hadn't gotten crazy enough yet to start shouting at his work. He raised an eyebrow, trying to see if Cairo was just trying to start conversation or if he was really asking the question.
"I left everyone I'd argue with in the bedroom." He chuckled lightly.

He poured a second cup of tea and put it in front of the man, magically heating it up before stepping away. The party had been boring to him, him and Hiro slipping out an hour in so they could do their own thing. With Hiro now asleep, he could do what he really wanted. Case work.

"You alright?" He asked.

Cairo Binx,

Cairo gave a light chuckle to the other man's words, and grabbed the cup of tea that was made for him. "Thank you" he said as he picked the little tea cup up, his pinking poking out as he lifted his cup for a sip. It burned his mouth a little, but he didn't care.

Was Cairo alright, that was a good question. He broke away from his thoughts and answered his friend, "I think so. I've either started sleep waking or I'm starting to go as loony as the rest of them" he chuckled nervous, over how he was possibly going as crazy as the rest of his family.

He took another sip of his drink, then said "it's probably just sleep walking..."

"Not a problem." He said cooly as he watched the man carefully with his eyebrow still raised. The man saw him do that spell, and still put the cup to his lips as soon as he had it in his grasp? Interesting. Leaning on the table that held his paperwork captive he put his own cup to his lips.
"I was about to say that's hot, but it seems your being a rebel today." His words held not heat.

He chuckled, peering out the windows once more.
"I don't think your loony like them." He said simply. "I don't think everyone is even loony...take out the twins and Michelle." He corrected. It was obvious he had gotten closer to them, only it was after he said those words that he connected it.
"I mean...from what I've seen...." He said mentally disconnecting.

"And why would you be sleep walking?" He asked.

Cairo Binx,

Cairo snorted a little laugh at being called a rebel. "It would seem so" he replied. "It's alright though, I can take it! My mouth has been through worse things than scolding tea" he chuckled.

Cairo was soon laughing when Shiro had said the twins and Michelle were loony. "You're right! They are! But the rest have their moments too, they're just better at hiding it than those three are." He took another sip of his tea, then added "but don't let them know I said that".

Why would he be sleep walking, that is a good question. "Stress maybe?" he wondered out loud. "November has been trying to help me de-stress, but if I've started sleep walking then I guess it's not working. I thought moving out of here would have helped lower my stress levels, but I guess not".

He took another sip of his tea while his eyes wandered to Shiro's paper work. "What are you working on?"

He raised an eyebrow, before looking back towards the window once more. He really didn't want to know what mouth had done, and thus the topic was left at that as he sipped his coffee.

Looking back over he gave the man a little smile, seeing him talk about his family so openly and happily. Made Shiro wonder why he moved and and took up a room in his place - until the stress was mentioned. That made sense,
"Seems to me, like you haven't taken care of the source of the stress then." He suggested setting the teacup down gently. "I'll be sure to keep that to myself." He said to telling the family they were nuts. Like he openly spoke to most of them anyway.

He looked over, his eyes peering at the table for a moment.
"About 5 accounts that I'm catching up on since last year." He chuckled lightly, "Normal cases, money accounts. Nothing major." He added. He didn't know why he was talking about work to Cairo, Cairo wasn't...one of them but the man had proven to be trustworthy. Not one to go around waving their name around.

Anubis Binx Jr,

The sound of feet being dragged echoed through the corridor, and into the kitchen. Anubis had just woken, he looked rough, he certainly looked like he's had better days. Of course it was self inflicted with the new years party, so it was his own fault.

As 'Nubis entered the kitchen and seen the other two men, he stopped in his steps for a moment, stared at them, then continued shuffling over to the other side of the room to make himself a coffee.

Cairo Binx,

"I'm sure I'll figure out what's causing it sooner or later..." he replied, but soon went silent when he heard another about to join them. When he seen it was Anubis, Cairo gave a hard stare at the younger Binx. He watched as Anubis walked to the other side of the room and fixed himself a drink, Cairo looked back to Shiro and his mood had gone a little sour. Now Cairo remembers why he's stressed out.

He listened and sipped his tea as Shiro explained what the paper work was to do with. "Ah, good, good!" he exclaimed pleased to hear it was nothing too serious that Shiro was dealing with. "If you need any help with any of it, just let me know, I'd be happy to help".

He raised an eyebrow seeing the exchange of looks, at least the look the younger one got from his roommate. Staying silent as he minded his own business he kept an eye on the situation, assuming the younger one was just in a mood because of the obvious signs of a hangover. New years seemed to get a few of him, take out him and Hiro who had escaped the drinking for a little adult fun away from the party.

To him it seemed like he was asking to help for a distraction, though he could have been wrong. The sudden change in personality and the offer mixed together though seemed like it. He wasn't sure he trusted him that much...
"Really think mixing with Yakuza business is safe?" a light smirk on his lips, closing the only open file incase the younger one wanted to get nosy. His eyes looking towards him from the side to show Cairo it wasn't because of him.

Anubis Binx Jr,

Anubis leaned back against the kitchen counter and took a sip of his coffee, he noticed the look from Cairo, and simply rolled his eyes. He stayed there, silently drinking his coffee while listening to the other two.

Cairo Binx,

"Oh I don't know..." he replied while pretending to think over Shiro's question. "Maybe not the safest idea, but I can handle myself... I'll have you know I'm pretty good with a wand. I didn't get a job as a death chamber guard back in the day just because my ugly mug could scare people" he chuckled.

Cairo took a sip of his tea and shifted a little uncomfortably in his seat as he noticed Anubis wasn't leaving. He glanced to Shiro, then down to the file he closed, then back to Anubis. "Don't you need to be somewhere, perhaps there's another man's woman you wish to sleep with...?"

He chuckled, glad that he had closed the folder seeing as the young man wanted to stand there and listen to them. That was one of his pet peeves...someone just standing there and listening to something that didn't involve them.
"I know your good with a wand, Cairo. Which is why you were allowed to move in." He said simply meaning he didn't need to babysit the man.

He wasn't sure how to respond to that, his eyebrow raised he now looked at the kid but soon dropped it as it wasn't his business what the kid did. Unless he went after his own, and that wasn't the case.
"I dare say, I'm talking to my roommate about matters with our home. That is not something you need to listen on in." He said trying to help Cairo in his obvious discomfort.

Melody Quinn Binx,

Suddenly, Cairo's daughter came skipping into the room and went straight to him. "Daddy!?" she exclaimed in a loud and annoyed tone as she tried to climb up onto her father's lap. "When is mummy getting up??!"