Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
r_avatar

[Hogwarts] Meet Anonymous

Alessio Toscano, Hogwarts School

Magical ★ Fifth Year • Hufflepuff

The thin layer of snow crunching under his feet made him shiver, the same way nails on a chalkboard did. Going out had been a mistake Al realized as he felt the tears in his eyelashes threatening to freeze his eyes shut. Despite his gloved hand frustratingly dabbing the corner of his eye, the cold winter wind was quick to, once again, make his eyes water.

He had considered ignoring the note he had found in his potions book, but his curiosity had been victorious over his reluctance to brave the cold. The anonymous note had been clear:

Meet me at the Quidditch Pitch, Thursday when dinner is served.

Holding his cloak tightly around him, Alessio waited wondering who he was meeting.

Re: [Hogwarts] Meet Anonymous

Damon Ainsworth, Hogwarts School

Magical ★ Seventh Year • Ravenclaw
[ View OOC Note ]

Maybe he should have put more thought into that letter, maybe. Leaning on the wall that lead to the pitch, his mind was just coming with this realization now. He pulled the coat he had on closer to him remembering that when this young man showed up they would either go back in, should his wording be taken the wrong way; or the two would be warmed up once they started playing on the brooms he brought with him.

Seeing a figure come out of the grey wind that seemed to take over the castle grounds he smiled....but the boy didn't look like he was smiling, suddenly he was reminded of his miswording. Taking the brooms in hand he gave a small smile.
"I know this was an odd method...but I was hoping you wouldn't mind a bit of broom riding?"

Why had he done this? He'd heard the boy liked sports and with his build he figured he also did them? He also didn't know how to ask if he wanted a sports buddy, though as he stood with two brooms in his hand he figured this wasn't the right approach.

Played By: Maki
r_avatar

Squinting as he tried to identify the person standing before him, Al wondered if he had made a mistake. What if this was a friend of Luciana? Their relationship had ended on bad terms, perhaps she had sent someone to set his beautiful hair on fire.

Completely taken aback by the other boy's invitation, Al frowned. He recognized the other boy as being older, but wasn't even sure which house he was in. "Ravenclaw right?" Al was a bit confused both by the method the boy had used and why he had chosen him.

He nodded, not seeing anything change in the boy.
"Yes, Ravenclaw. Damon Ainsworth, 7th year." He said, making himself not so much a stranger. He didn't know this...girl. Nor was he about to put the boys hair on fire. He knew how much he fretted over his own blond locks after all.

"Your probably wondering why the odd invitation. " He set the brooms back to leaning on the wall. "I didn't know how else to do it, you seemed guarded after all." He explained. "I do realize that note was probably not the best way now that were standing here...but I swear I meant no harm."

r_avatar

"Guarded?" Al was a rather social person. Unless the boy was referring to the fact that he was often surrounded by his many friends which perhaps made him seem unattainable. Either way, the situation seemed to be getting stranger and stranger.

"No, not the best way." He agreed. "Makes it seem like you have ulterior motives or like you're interested in snogging me or something." Al frowned again, what if that was why the boy had asked him to the Quidditch Pitch?

He almost choked on the air at the idea of this man thinking he wanted to snog him, he was the stud of his year and could get any girl he wanted. In fact he had a date that weekend.
"No mate, not into snogging other men." He assured him. The other boy had been correct about he meant the word 'guarded', due to the fact that getting two brooms with permission was hard enough. He hadn't wanted to talk to the kid, and have all his other friends jump on board. That didn't make this any less embarrassing though.

"You can imagine my lot really aren't all into sports and all, my only motive was inviting someone to join me who was." That was why the quidditch pitch, he took the brooms back in hand. "But I can see my method has freaked you out." He added, just about done with the embarrassment.

r_avatar

Alessio studied the other boy. The method had definitely been strange, but he was out now and a broom was being offered to him. How could he pass the opportunity?

He extended his hand. "Give me the broom."

Damon was a beautiful piece of art for a human being, but he had a feeling the other boy was still summing him up rather than looking at his pretty blues. All the same, when the boy asked for one of the brooms he obliged him. After all he had extended the invitation, and even though it had been an awkward meeting it was still gladly on the table for the Ravenclaw.
"What's your speed record?" He asked, starting the walk into the actual pitch.