See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!
Dobby has come to protect Harry Potter, to warn him...

This thread contains posts or themes involving sexual humour that may be uncomfortable for some players or that may not be appropriate for all ages. If you would like to know more before reading, please PM the player who started the thread. If you feel that this thread's content exceeds what is appropriate or is otherwise offensive, please report it.

It was New Year's Eve, and as tradition, the company had decided to celebrate. One of the previous times, they had all gone to The Blue Lagoon, but had instead decided to have The Blood Moon Inn open for any regulars or friends that wanted to come by to celebrate, and of course, family. Kyle had debated with himself about coming, but eventually settled on showing his face.

If he was honest, he still had a few unsure thoughts about the last time he had partied around Dice. It had been uncomfortable knowing what he had planned to do, but thankfully, there were enough distractions to keep him away from committing. That didn't exactly mean he had brought Chris along with him, either. Knowing Dice, he was likely going to make it a mission to embarrass Kyle or show Chris some really dark shades of the job. Better not.

That, and there was another idea that crept into the back of his mind. Zara and Ivan. Kyle knew that Zara had sent a letter to Hugh wanting to resign, but she had been tight-lipped about the situation. The only time he ever really saw her was in the training room with Magdalina. Since when did they become so close? Probably over similar situations...sort of...not really. Same man, though. Kyle couldn't help but wonder what that was going to be like. Hopefully not awkward.

Standing at the bar, he ordered an Old Fashioned and glanced around at the familiar faces. Ah, Robin, Lily, Ana, Nikolai...no sign of Zara yet. Maybe she decided to give it a miss? He wouldn't blame her. Squinting, Kyle focused in the darkness of a corner. Oh! No, she was right there...hm, sat alone...

"She's not the same since the break up..." Kyle said absent-minded, not sure who was really listening.
Last edited by Kyle Bowden on 04 Mar 2019, 14:07, edited 2 times in total.

Played By: Vyreia
“I know, I know,” said Dice, seeming to almost manifest out of the thin air as he leaned back against the bar beside Kyle, drink in hand and eyes on Zara.

“I have been debating with myself all evening,” he said going on with out pause. “Do I take advantage of her or don’t I? She is single, in perfect rebound mode, wanting to forget, escape, feel loved, missing the feeling of a man’s strong arms around her, her bed feeling a bit colder at night... On the one hand she is my friend. Doesn’t seem like the gentlemanly thing to do. On the other hand she is so fucking hot.”

Dice sighed, then took a sip of his drink before adding, “The pros and cons are not obviously outweighing each other here...”
Kyle shifted his eyes to Dice, lifting a brow as the other spoke of Zara. He couldn't help but shake his head, but at this point, he really didn't expect anything less from Dice. He was always bound to say something dumb like that - he would likely be seriously considering going through with it...only if Zara would accept. There was no guarantee of that.

He shoved the blond in the shoulder. "Enough of that. The thing she needs right now is some time alone to consider everything; a brake up like that is hard and the last thing she needs is you creeping on her. I'm sure a few other men in the company want to make a move too, but I doubt any of them will get very far. If anything, I likely have the best chance of getting in her bed only because she knows I'm not after anything."

He glanced around the place.

"Speaking of men trying their luck, where is Simon lately? I heard a rumour that he had become very favoured by Mrs Iver...but I haven't seen him in so long that people are started to presume he's dead."

“Yes he is... isn’t he...” said Dice with a half knowing half mysterious look. “All he does is hang out at Mrs Ivers famous rings... or in her company... or in her employees company... He has a very obsessive personality. Kind of like me actually. But I just admit it and handle it outright in an honest, friendly way.”

Looking back at Zara then he added,

“As for her... of course she would sleep with you. What an ego boost, right? I think most women would sleep with their gay best friend. But I don’t know why you don’t think I would have the greatest chance in the room. Can’t you just feel the sexual tention between us every time we are together? You can practically taste it!”

Dice was quiet a moment wile he sipped his drink before saying, “Speaking of sexual tention... you never asked where I went that night... apparently I could have fallen down a dark pit for all you cared...”

He did not think he needed to remind Kyle which night exactly he was talking about...
Kyle scoffed. "I'll believe that when I see it. Atone point I thought you might have a chance with her, or at least a chance to sleep with her,but not so much any more. I thought she had really moved on. Heck, what do I know?" He shrugged.

But then he had to look to Dice with a furrowed brow. That was weird, especially since he was just about to ask him about that; did Dice feel him working up to it? Or did he genuinely think he was never going to ask? He looked away, taking a gulp of his drink, trying to find a distraction from Dice's expression. Huh, Robin and Caleb sat with a few others; looked like they were having a competition to see who could roll the best cigarette. How did people with such rough and clumsy fingers make neat sticks out of fiddly thin paper?

"I cared a lot. I ran up and down the street looking for you, then assumed you went back inside, asked around...nothing. So I went to your place, and nothing. Went to mine, and you wasn't there either. Next I heard you was hanging out at Iver's with Viola - at least, that's what a security member said." He shrugged. "I presumed you had second thoughts and decided to get enjoyment out of another old flame instead. Regardless, you're alive and well, so that's all that matters, right?"

Dice looked up at Kyle, his eyes starting to bore into his, but after a moment he looked away, shrugged, then said,

“Yep... that’s about right. Enjoying an old flame...”

If enjoying an old flame ment being strung up in Wesley’s lair with death threats being thrown at his head...

“So you aren’t going to chastise me then for fooling around with an engaged woman? Engaged to an Iver no less? You are slipping Kyle...”
When Hugh entered the room it only took him a moment to spot Zara.

She looked... tired...

Moving deliberately towards her, ignoreing the glances their way, he took a seat across from her, only pauseing a moment before sayin in a rather nutral tone.

“Sorry I took so long to aknowlege your OWL. I did recive it but felt I would rather speak to you in person. And as I only just got back today...” he cleared his throat, then said,

“I would still rather you didn’t leave. My whole point in marrying you was to try and keep you here, so I have no reason now to wish you gone. If you feel it is what you must do I... suppose I will let you break your contract... but I would really rather you didn't... and I doubt many others wish to see you go either.”

And... that was that. What else was there to say?

Hugh aberted his eyes and looked off across the room. It was not easy talking to her, but her wasn’t going to avoid it forever. He preferred to take problems head on.
"I'm not slipping, Dice. I just don't feel the needto waste my breath on something you should know better about at this point. Messing with Iver's fiancee, whether an old flame or not, is just a plea for trouble. You know that." Kyle shrugged at Dice, but then smirked. "It's almost as if you want me to care and show interest about you...surely not, right?"

He lifted a brow, looking away just in time to see Hugh approach Zara.

"Ah, shit...this is gonna go either really well or really bad..."

Zara looked up at him as he sat down. He was right; she was tired - the dark under-eyes were a give away, but her entire expression looked withdrawn and exhausted. Perhaps it was also the fact that she was working out more than ever just to ignore real life. But being physically fit did not mean she was completely mentally fit.

"I don't think there's another option. It was hard enough breaking up with one boss and continuing to work here - I should have known better. I don't think I can do that all over again. I don't know about you, but I don't think I can work here knowing we'll be in such close proximity. At least with Levi he would lock himself up in his lab so I didn't have to see him so much."

She wasn't entirely sure what to do if she wasn't working here...

"I came here under the idea of being undercover whilst working for Marlowe. He's dead now...and I feel like my life has no meaning. I was a trained assassin for ten years, and suddenly I'm nothing more than a secretary. I thought that's what I wanted, but I don't think it is...I think..." She bit her lip. "I think I miss being an assassin...and if I am ever to be in a relationship with someone, it needs to be made clear that I am always going to be an assassin. I used to be able to bite my lip and remain so reserved here simply by knowing that I had secrets and I wasn't so exposed to everyone. But now everyone knows; all the employees know who I am and what I am. I've made so many mistakes. And as much as I love this company, and you, and everyone in it...I don't think this is where I belong anymore."

“I always want you to show interest,” said Dice with a smirk, taking a sip of his drink. “You are my dearest, dearest pet puppet...”

Eyeing Zara and Hugh he said, “Let’s hope for really bad. More entertaining that way. We don’t have nearly enough dramatic people here tonight. No Viola, no Wesley, no Ciceron, Egan and Hera love triangle any more....”

Glancing around then Dice said, “I bet Ciceron won’t even show. Too good for us now. Besides I know his fiancée would never show up here. They are probably off at some New Years Eve charity ball where each glass of wine is worth a a hundred galleons alone... Merlin...” said Dice, shaking his head... “I use to fantasise about ways I would humiliate and eventually kill that man... then bring him back to life so he could properly appriciate what I had done. Wallow in it... heh...” Dice downed his glass.
Hugh slowly let out a breath, then said, “With all your promotions you still see yourself as a secretary.” Shaking his head he said, “Well that’s on you then. And your own vision of yourself. Clearly nothing I can do will ever make you happy.”

Reaching into his pocket he took out her contract, then holding it out to her he nodded at the candle set on the table between them and said, “Go ahead and burn it.”

She likely did not know the significance of that action. Cleary Company was not known for being lenient on those wishing to break contracts. It just wasn’t something you did if Hugh had intended for you to stay.
"You're so dramatic. Just because the troublemakers aren't here doesn't mean it won't be fun. I mean...Robin and Caleb are here. Ivan might be coming...or not. Nikolai would likely want a drink. Um..." He looked around. Perhaps more people had moved on than he first thought. "Okay, maybe it's not as wild as other parties but...I mean, I heard a rumour that one of the security saw Yuliana in here a few nights ago. Apparently she and Egan broke up and she came here to get drunk. I dunno what happened with that though..."

He looked around a bit more. Had he really been here so long? Things had changed so much...

Even if Zara didn't know the true significance, it did manage to tighten her heart. She took the contract, opening it up and reading it once again. She felt her vision blur a little at the two of their names signed at the bottom. It could have been the start of something incredible, but it also could have triggered all the unhappiness in the world. There was no telling which one it would be, but regardless, it had to be over.

"I might regret this one day...but I will never regret our time together. You taught me so much, Hugh...more than you know." She trailed off, glancing at him before looking to the candle, carefully lifting the page over the flame and watching as it began to flake to ash. It felt like her heart had stopped beating in her chest, and she barely felt the tears brimming at her lashes.

“Well I don’t need wild,” said Dice. “But a little drama, or intrigue... But you see Hugh is too mature to cause a scene... things were so much more interesting when Egan and Hera were dateing. Such fun times...” he said with a sigh, slumping a bit where he rested.
Hugh could hardly believe she had done it! Why couldn’t she be an assasin and still work for them?! He had never objected to that!

But simply looking away and out into the room as she lit it on fire he said, “So it is done then....”

He was quiet a moment more before standing, looking her in the eye, and saying, “Goodbye Zara....” and with that he turned and left.

He was in no mood to party... at least not here...