A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#39598  by Harry Potter

Harry found distraction in watching the pasta roll around in the boiling pot. With the vegetables prepared and the sauce warmed, there was nothing left to do but to wait for the noodles to soften. He tried not to think about Ginny and whether or not she was okay but it was extremely difficult. The thought of being a parent was as terrifying as it was exciting. He knew absolutely nothing about being a father and what a father's role in a family actually entailed.

His pulse was racing like freight train by the time Ginny returned and her sluggishness in moving about the house only fueled his anxiety. She wasn’t jumping for joy, wasn’t slumping in sadness. She was just there, just standing there, with an expression on her beautiful face that Harry couldn’t interpret. It was maddening. “What did it say?”
 #39600  by Ginny Weasley

Ginny moved softly toward Harry at his question, bare feet sliding against the warm wood floor. She met his chest, felt his arms wrap around her. Inhaled his smell. She looked up into his eyes, and in her own, there were equal parts calm and fear.

All her life, raised by two parents and seven brothers. The baby, doted on, always the one to be looked after. Harry would rely on her to know what she was doing, trust that she was prepared for this as he never could have been, but of course she wasn't; the only thing she'd ever looked after on her own was Snugglewumpus the stuffed rabbit. Yet at the same time, she had witnessed that love that permeated the Burrow like magical fog. She knew its touch, and was grateful for it - even more so every time Harry relayed some painful anecdote from his own childhood with his aunt and uncle. She had witnessed it in Harry's every thoughtful action, from the moment he spoke to her as a child right through to every moment they'd spent in their married lives. In his eyes, she witnessed it now.

Ginny took a deep breath and shrugged, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"You're going to be a dad," she said.
 #39606  by Harry Potter

Having experienced disappointment so many times in his life, it came as a complete shock to hear words of affirmation fall from Ginny’s lips. ‘You're going to be a dad.’

“What?” he breathed, his eyes searching, as if he half-expected her to suddenly follow through with ‘just kidding!’.

But it never came.

A smile of pure unadulterated joy broke through his stony expression, overpowering the fear he felt only seconds ago. “I’m going to be a dad!” shouted Harry, lifting his beautiful wife and mother of his unborn child off the floor in a celebratory twirl.

“I can’t believe it,” he said in awe, his gaze falling to her belly. “I’d never thought something like this could ever happen to me, that I’d ever be as happy as I am now.” Harry made no attempt to wipe away the tears brimming in his eyes.
 #39612  by Ginny Weasley

A smile tipped Ginny's lips at Harry's expression of disbelief. "I'm not yanking your wand, I swear," she joked. And then a moment later Harry swept her off her feet; and it was the best feeling, light as air, as if all the fear and heaviness in her heart had been swept away too.

Ginny threw her arms tight around Harry's neck, laughing so hard a few tears came to her eyes. She felt her feet skim the ground, and she leaned in and pressed a kiss to Harry's lips as he let her down.

"But it did!" she breathed, wiping her eyes. "It did, and you are, Harry. Merlin, I'm so happy. I can't believe I was ever even afraid. I know I felt that way a few minutes ago, but - when I saw how pleased you were, it all went away."

She put her hands to her temples and shook her head, laughing in disbelief.

"My god, parents, Harry! Who let us do this?"
 #39634  by Harry Potter

Ginny’s joyful laugh was the most beautiful sound on Earth to Harry. He was grinning like a damned fool, kissing every inch of her freckled face that he could manage. A dad. He was going to be a dad. Everything still seemed so surreal that it was difficult to believe it wasn’t all a dream.

“I was afraid too,” he murmured against her lips “I still am, somewhat, but if there’s anyone I want to share this journey with it’s you, Mrs. Potter. I think you’ll be a great mum.”
 #39638  by Ginny Weasley

Ginny smiled into Harry's kiss. "I can't wait to do it with you, either," she said.

She lay a hand on her stomach, as if she could already feel the little being within. Their whole lives were about to change. Pretty soon life there'd be a little boy or girl zooming around on a toy broomstick underfoot, begging Mum and Dad to send them to Hogwarts just a bit early...

That thought led to another, which led to Ginny burrowing her face in Harry's warm chest as she shook with laughter.

"We've got to owl McGonagall. In a few months a name's going to be appearing in the Hogwarts registry books, and I don't know if eleven years will be enough for her to mentally prepare for a Potter-Weasley child setting foot in her school..."
 #39650  by Harry Potter

Harry chuckled at the mental image of his and Ginny’s child running amok in Hogwarts; an adorable spawn of mischief scurrying through the coordinators, running late for classes and sneaking off past curfew, determinedly hell bent on pestering the professors with their rebellious attitude, all while earning points for their house from pure Potter luck and Weasley charm. Ah, yes, Harry could practically hear Ginny’s howlers already.

“Surely you don’t think he or she will be worse then we were...do you?” Harry questioned, thinking back to the time he and Ron stole Mr. Weasley’s flying car and flew it to Hogwarts only to be nearly murdered by a very angry willow tree. “Yeah. Sorry. Stupid question,” he said quickly before she could answer.

By now the spaghetti noodles were well cooked and nearly forgotten until Harry heard the telltale sound of water sizzling on the stove as it began to bubble over yet again. He crossed the kitchen in three leaps, yanked the cooking pot off of the burner and stared down in utter disappointment. “I hope you're in the mood for soggy noodles…”
 #39651  by Ginny Weasley

It was a good thing Harry caught Ginny’s look and quickly decided to answer his own question, for Ginny could have spent a few choice words reminiscing on Fluffy the three-headed dog, Grawp the giant, and the dozen or so Slytherins who ended up, in Harry’s time at Hogwarts, with various Quidditch-related toenail irregularities.

Ginny settled merely for an inward chuckle, and glanced over at the stovetop where Harry was pointing. Surely enough, the water had bubbled over the burner and made a mess of their kitchen - not to mention dinner. Ginny shrugged her shoulders, catching Harry’s eye.

“You, earning yourself a raise; me, engendering an entirely new life... I don’t think tonight’s the night for boring old spaghetti.”

That was how Harry and Ginny Potter found themselves, on the night they learned of the existence of their soon-to-be son, sitting cross-legged in the floor of their living room and enjoying the hell out of some Vietnamese takeout from the restaurant down the road.