Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.

[MoM] Glittering Darkness

Thea Redwood, Unemployed

Magical ★
Time of Day: 1:45 pm • Weather: Cloudy

Wearing a yellow badge around her neck, one that made the object of her visit all too obvious, Thea Redwood walked with her shoulders straight, but her eyes never left the ground. She used to brush shoulders with these people, some of them socially, others professionally yet all of them had vanished when she had been sent to pay for her sins.

To make matters worse, Thea had received an owl earlier in the week, informing her that her case was to be overseen by a new Parol Officer. The thought of having to start anew with a Ministry employee mad her stomach lurch. At least this time she brought good news regarding her state of unemployment, barring Ministry approval the blonde had finally managed to find a job.

When finally she reached the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Thea was told to wait in a small waiting room and that her Parol Officer would be with her shortly.

Played By: Kay
r_avatar

Re: [MoM] Glittering Darkness

Edith Lindtberg, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement • Parole Officer
Edith was late. She had somehow managed to sleep through her alarm and then when she had gone to shower, there had been no hot water due to her room mate using it all during her usual hour long showers. So Edith had been forced to use a freshen up charm that had left her hair limp and her skin itchy. Merlin she needed to get her own place.

After disapparting to a street over from the Ministry and then using the underground toilets in Whitehall, Edith appeared in the Atrium looking rather flustered with an arm full of scrolls while more hovered behind her. Rushing down the halls, she weaved past many Ministry workers and ignored the indignant squawks that were sent her way. Edith was late to her first meeting with her new client and she was never late.

Rounding the corner to her office, she skidded to a stop outside her door and then straightened when her gaze fell on a woman sitting to the right of it.

"Miss Redwood?" She inquired, "I'm so sorry, I do hope you weren't waiting to long."

Played By: Alatariel

Thea Redwood, Unemployed

Magical ★
Legs crossed as had been her arms, she greeted the younger woman with a glacial stare. Little by little, society had stripped her of all she had possessed. Her time was about the last valuable that remained and it seemed the young woman did not much care for it.

Keeping her arms crossed, she followed the young woman towards her office. She did not care to explain how long she had waited, surely her Parol Officier was enlightened enough to read the time, which meant she could surmise how long Thea had waited. "I could be sent back," she dared not speak the name of the cursed establishment, "if I was late to our appointment." Perhaps pointing towards the different standards to which they were held would suffice to make the younger woman understand the extent of her displeasure.

r_avatar

Edith winced, “I know, I’m so sorry,” She repeated as she did her best to balance the stack of scrolls in one hand and open the door to her office with the other. “My alarm never went off and my roommate used all the hot water so I had to use a freshen up charm so I at least looked like I’d had a few hours slee—ah gotcha.” Pausing her rambling to celebrate the fact that she’d managed to finally open the door, she shoved it open with her shoulder and then moved inside. “Anyway, I’m here now and I’m very excited to get to know you.” Edith smiled at the blonde before moving to dump the scrolls she held on top of her desk. Pieces of parchments fluttered away at the impact but she paid them not attention as she waved her wand to set the other scrolls that had hovered behind her on the floor next to her desk.

The office that Edith had only had for the better part of a month was medium sized with wooden finishing and concrete floors that she had attempted to cover up with a large and very old rug she’d found in the flea market. She’d also found the two visitors chairs that sit in front of her desk there as well. One was a rich forest green made from velvet that had been patched in various places in other shades of green. The other was a deep blue with wooden claw feet and thin arms that had scratches covering every inch. Both were piled high with scrolls and pieces of parchments.

On the right side of the room was a bookshelf that covered the entire wall. Various books lined the shelves but every third shelf had photo frames and little knick-knacks she had brought from home.

Her own chair was a leather thing that protested every time she sat on it and the desk in front of it was large with sharp corner and a glass top. Her boss had given it to her as a congratulation gift for her promotion and it was only thing in the whole room that Edith hadn’t found either on the side of the street or at the flea market.

Moving to sit behind her desk, Edith barely sat down before she jumped up, realizing that Thea had nowhere to sit with papers and scrolls taking up both the chairs in front of her.

“Oh here, let me just...” Scooping up the bundle, she turned and deposited it onto her desk. “There.” She said with a bright smile before reclaiming her own chair.

“Now, Miss Redwood. Or Ms Redwood? Which do you prefer?”

Thea Redwood, Unemployed

Magical ★
Having suffered years of cold showers, Thea harbored no sympathy for Edith Lindberg's barely infringed upon luxuries.

When the office door finally opened something flashed beneath the surface of her hardened expression; a hint of disdain she quickly managed to restrain. She would remain impassible, no matter the outcome of their meeting. The system had already taken enough from her, she would not let it affect her any longer.

Refusing to move the cowering tower of documents covering the chair, she eyed the misguided purchased until it was finally cleared. She hummed a barely audible "thank you," before she sat with her legs crossed.

"Ms.," Thea expressed as her preference. "I found employment," she continued eager to move the meeting forward.

r_avatar

"Right yes, Ms Redwood," Edith nodded dramatically with a large smile. Reaching for a pile of scrolls, she sorted through them until she found the one with T. Redwood embossed on the front.

Lifting her head at Thea's words, she stopped unraveling the scroll and her smile somehow grew larger, "Really? Oh that's great. Tell me all about it!:

Thea Redwood, Unemployed

Magical ★
"Well, it is quite interesting," she introduced though it was unlike her to decorate her statements with unnecessary preludes. Thea Redwood preferred to get straight to the point. Thea's eyes narrowed and quickly she diverted towards a more familiar path.

"I was offered a position as an Agricultural Quality Control Agent," she unrolled the parchment on which the offer had been written. "I am well suited for the position as I have experience in botany." She waited for the young woman's response before she continued.

r_avatar

Listening intently, Edith stopped unrolling Thea's personal scroll and reached for the one the woman was holding out for her.

"That sounds super interesting! So you're working in some sort of greenhous--oh—" Growing silent as she stared at the scroll before her, Edith swallowed heavily as the words Ogden's Distillery glared up at her, "Umm, Miss Redwood, it says here that you've been offered a position at a...Distillery?" Edith looked up at her client and pursed her lips, "Is that correct?" She asked, even though she had the proof right in front of her.