Stories taking place in countries such as the United States, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [United States] or [Mexico]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
r_avatar

[CAW] School Daze

Nicole Washington, Chicago Academy of Wizardry

Magical ★ Senior
Nicole stood behind the little counter in the janitor's-closet-turned-student-store, just waiting for anyone to come by. Keeping up with her volunteer hours was getting to be exhausting, especially when she spent her lunch period just standing in a windowed closet hoping that someone needed to buy a pencil or something.

It did give her time to catch up on the newspaper though, and as she read through the day's political stories, she almost zoned out, daydreaming about what it might be like to be one of the people interviewed for these articles. She wanted more than she realized to help people make these important decisions. To help everyone's voices be heard.

Her train of thought was interrupted by someone at the little counter. "Oh, hi!" she greeted, a big smile on her face.

[ View OOC Note ]

Played By: Peyton

Re: [CAW] School Daze

Clint Connor, Chicago Academy of Wizardry

Half Giant Magical ★ Faculty • Charms Professor
"Hello, Nicole," Clint replied, having to stoop a little to see through the window. His height could be a hassle at times, but he didn't mind too much. He smiled warmly at the senior, not happy about what he was going to have to say next.

"So, I don't know if you've heard, but we've had a problem with our student volunteers stealing money from the store, so from now on a staff member has to be present at all times. I was chosen for this shift, so here I am." He punctuated his comment with a wave of his hands.

"And unfortunately... I had a meeting, so I'm a little late, which means I have to count the money and inspect the sale records," he added with a sympathetic look, putting his hand on the doorknob. "So if you don't mind... I have to get in there." That would be a challenge, since he was already taller than the door.

Played By: TyrellRose
r_avatar

Magical ★ Senior
Nicole waved a little, her smile bright. She was excited to have something to do during such a dead time. Plus, Professor Connor was her favorite teacher, not for his subject, but for his teaching styles and personality. There was never a dull moment to her. Not in his classes.

But what came next was less than comforting. In fact, she was a little appalled that her fellow students were stealing from the student store. "I had no idea," she commented, stepping aside to allow the professor entry.

"Of course! I didn't even know that was happening," she said, knowing that it wasn't her who was taking anything. That was definitely not something she would get caught up in. "Do they have any idea who is doing it?"

Clint Connor, Chicago Academy of Wizardry

Half Giant Magical ★ Faculty • Charms Professor
Clint shuffled into the closet, hunching over to try and fit in the small space. "Of course I don't think you have anything to do with it," he said, taking out the money and starting to count it. "I can't really say much," he added, glancing up at her, "but yes, they have an idea. Now it's just proof that's needed."

He continued to count, then checked the sales records. "All clear," he said, trying to turn back towards the door. "Oh..." he breathed, finding himself stuck. "Give the giant a duty in a closet," he muttered under his breath, glancing over at Nicole. "I'm sorry, do you think you could... I can't reach my wand." This was embarrassing.

Played By: TyrellRose

Nova Gold, Chicago Academy of Wizardry

Half-Veela Magical ★ Senior
Nova was a student that is she forgot something. She forgot one of her books about performances. She went back to a get it that is one books she went to pick it up and then she heard something or someone in the closet. She heard noise in the closet she thought it was ghost.She point her wand at the closet though she thought the teacher was the ghost. "Alright you ghost come out." She thought the ghost pop out scared the crap out of her.

Played By: Morgana
r_avatar

Magical ★ Senior
Nicole squished herself agains the wall as her large teacher counted the money. She hoped that it was all there so that she wasn't going to get pegged for stealing money. That was a completely out of character thing for her to do, and she was sure that the whole of the school's staff knew just as much. But she was still relieved when Professor Connor verified that the money was all there.

"Oh, um," Nicole stammered. "Where is it?" she asked, then hearing a voice outside. She was afraid to move too much closer to her teacher, for fear of being... well... too close to her teacher, so she couldn't poke her head out of the little window on the door to prove she wasn't a ghost and that she was just there to sell things from the school store. "I'm not- we're not a ghost!" she called from the corner of the tiny room.