Vinny let out a breath. He hadn't seen Elliot in so long, and it was under such strange circumstances. He finally knocked on the door. Mrs Flight answered the door, and immediately welcomed him in, fawning over him and forcefeeding him some cookies she had baked earlier that afternoon. Mr Flight was around the corner, ready to ask him what he had been up to lately. Eventually, he was finally able to sneak away, waiting in the living room.

Apparently she had been out on a ride, and would be back soon. With a mug of tea kindly provided by Mrs Flight and yet another three cookies, he sat and waited.

Played By: TyrellRose
Elliot had been laying low the past few weeks, returning to her roots and helping her parents maintain the farm. The only time she really left town was to go to her courses with mandatory attendance. The peace was doing her well, though. She had had lots of bonding time with her horse, going on rides almost every day after tending to the cows.

When she got back to the house, she immediately kicked off her boots, tilting her head as her eyes made contact with her mother, who has the goofiest grin on her face. Her mother then pointed to the living room before hurrying off to check on her baking. Elliot followed the gesture into the living room, jaw dropping slightly as she came to face someone else. “Vinny?”

Played By: Fae
Vinny heard the door open and close. Swallowing a lump in his throat, he set the mug down and rose to his feet, turning to face her as she walked in.

"Hey there, lassie," he replied, spreading his arms apart. She looked amazing. Even with a bit of hay in her hair, he couldn't help but smile. In fact, it made him smile even more. "Surprise," he added.

Mrs Flight popped in with a whole plate of cookies, setting it down and winking at the pair before disappearing once again. Vinny chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Sandra practically cried when she saw me," he said, his hands finding their way into his pockets. "But it is so good to see you. It's been too long."

Elliot ran over to him, pulling him into a hug and stuffing her face against his shoulder. “I missed you!” She took a step back to take her childhood best friend in. Her hand then moved up to tuck her hair behind her ear and felt the piece of hay stuck in it. “Oops,” she bit her lip as she pulled it out, “Just like old times, right?”

She rolled her eyes, though a smirk was on her face, when her mom brought in cookies. “Mom adored you.” She put emphasis on the second half of ‘adored’. “So did Dad, really. And with fair reason.” Just then, she lightly poked his shoulder. “How dare you leave us.” Her smirk only grew as she faced him.

Vinny welcomed her hug, squeezing her tightly. "Always with hay in your hair," he joked, taking the hay from her and flipping it between his fingers. "Even when you studied. I remember you chewing on it when you were real frustrated," he added, winking.

He chuckled once more. "I'm sure your parents liked me more than my parents liked me," Vinny joked, faking a cringe at her poke.

At her admonishment, he gave an exaggerated pout. "I didn't want to! My job just made me," he pleaded, holding his hands up in front of him. "Would it help if I said I missed you every day?"

Elliot shrugged. “It helped me focus. You’re just jealous that you never tried it.”

She then brought her hand up to her chin to pretend to think about forgiving him, tapping her nose with her finger. “Hm...” She moved her hand away from her face again after a moment. “It would help more if you had a gift, but I know you probably don’t have that. So... I guess I’ll forgive you anyway.”

Vinny stuck the piece of hay between his teeth, arching an eyebrow at her. Then he watched her, a fond smile slipping onto his face as she made all of the gestures he remembered well.

"Funny you should mention that," he said, picking up a small box that had been sitting on the couch beside him. "Ever been to Thailand?" he asked, holding the box out to her. Inside was a small jade elephant. "I guess you definitely have to forgive me now." He chewed on the hay as he spoke, winking once more.

Elliot tilted her head as she watched him. Her eyes widened as she opened the box that was handed to her. “Oh, Vinny! It’s beautiful!” She took the elephant out of the box to take a closer look at it. “You are definitely forgiven. But you didn’t actually have to buy me anything.”

His jaw muscle tightened for a brief moment as she said that, since Vinny had not necessarily bought the elephant. She didn't need to know that, though.

"You think I would go to a place like Thailand and not bring my girl back something nice? Even if I was there on business," he asked, having to remind himself mentally that she had a boyfriend. A very rich boyfriend. Speaking of said boyfriend... "How about you, though? Any news I should know?"

“I’ve always wanted to go somewhere with an elephant sanctuary.” Elliot was still admiring the statue as she spoke.

Her attention went back to him when he asked about her life. “What sort of news are we talking about? Like, I’m in the final year of my bachelor’s degree news, or?”

Vinny arched an eyebrow. "Oh have you, now?" he asked, his mind already working on a plan. He just as quickly shoved the thought to the side, knowing he had to focus on the task at hand.

"Well, I mean that, definitely. That's incredible, lass," he said, a fond smile on his face. "I can't wait to hear about what comes next. I always knew you'd go far." He, on the other hand, had foregone college in favor of getting a job that let him travel the world and avoid his parents as much as possible.

It was time to take a big risk. "But I was talking more about this." He held up a newspaper clipping, showing a photo of Elliot in a fancy dress standing next to Jace Rutherford. The headline was "Rutherford Heir Attached?"

Elliot grinned, giving a mock bow. “Thank you, thank you. For my next act, I shall become even more broke and hopefully go to med school.” She sighed before giggling. “Sometimes I think you had the right idea of travelling the world instead of school.”

When presented with the newspaper, her eyes scanned it quickly before she started twirling a strand of her hair. “Wow that girl looks a lot like me. She clearly can’t be me though, my fanciest dress is a checkered sundress.” She offered an innocent smile.

"I can't believe you think I wouldn't recognize you, even in a photo," Vinny said, his eyes searching hers intently. "That's you, and if I know my news correctly, that's Jace Rutherford. Wasn't he the guy who worked on the farm a while ago?"

"Okay, fine, you caught me," Elliot sighed. She should have known it was futile to try lying to her Vinny. "Jace and I are in a relationship. We have been for a year or so now." She decided to skip the complicated bits, at least for now. "And yeah, he was the brat that worked here when we were younger. He's changed though."

Vinny arched an eyebrow, the piece of straw slipping from between his lips. "Look at you," he said, his voice purposely light and airy. "I think you won the 'who's gonna have the better life by our 20s' competition." He gave her a warm smile, letting her know he was teasing.

"So I guess people do change, then? I'm assuming... he was a bit of a brat back then. I remember when he whined about the chickens squawking at him." Was he being mean? Maybe. It was just hard to reconcile the image of Jace in his memories and the papers with being in a relationship with his Elliot.