Thank you for participating in the Vaultoween Posting Party!!!
πŸŽƒ Total Pumpkin Points: 1040 πŸŽƒ
Community Prizes Unlocked: 20 + 4 Bonus Prizes

Our Vaultoween Celebration will continue through November 9, including the ghost scavenger hunt.
Click here to view the event overview!
Elliot felt her heart sink. Maybe he hadn't meant that the way it sounded. Maybe all this tension was getting to her head. She twirled a strand of hair around her finger, turning her body to face him a bit better.

"I really did miss you. So much that I finally told Whit about us."

Played By: Fae
Elliot offered a timid smile. Maybe today would turn out alright after all. "Well, at first, she wasn't too happy about the idea. Her whole, slightly irrational, hatred for the wealthy." Her voice was slightly louder than it had been. "But after the initial shock, she was quite supportive. I think her best friend instincts kicked in."

Jace spoke before thinking. "Of course, because there's so many reasons to hate rich people," he grumbled, wrapping his arms around himself. "Sometimes they hate us enough to snatch us from the airport just to get a big payday." He let out a sigh, remembering he wasn't really upset at her, just tired and annoyed with the entire situation he was going through. "I'm... glad she's supportive, though. It's good to have people like that." He fell silent again.

Played By: TyrellRose
Once again, Elliot was taken aback. "Hey, I may not always agree with her reasons, but I know for a fact that it is not because people like you have more money than her that makes her not like rich people." She started to become aware of how cold her own voice sounded right there. "She just envisions a world of equality is all." She tried her best to speak more gently again.

Jace leaned his head back, a ghost of a scoff on his lips. "Right," he muttered. The tension in his jaw was building up.

After several awkward, tense moments of silence, he let out a long, exhausted sigh. "Sorry. I get it, I do, I just... just because I happen to have an inheritance doesn't mean I'm a terrible person. Equality is a nice concept but there's people who just work harder." He drew in a breath. "That came out wrong."

Played By: TyrellRose
Elliot had to bite her tongue to refrain from calling him out on that last comment. Up until then, what he had been saying made sense. It was even where she disagreed with her best friend's beliefs. "Mh," she hummed softly, tired with their conversations today.

Elliot nodded quietly. "Yeah..." she bit her lip, feeling her cheeks getting a bit warm. "I promised my parents a week ago that I'd help make treats for the party they're going to tomorrow. And part of that includes buying stuff. So I should..." She stood up and started making her way to the door.

"It was nice to see you again, it really was," she spoke softly again, then went out the door. Once it closed behind her, she allowed the tears welling in her eyes to fall.