Thank you for participating in the Vaultoween Posting Party!!!
πŸŽƒ Total Pumpkin Points: 1040 πŸŽƒ
Community Prizes Unlocked: 20 + 4 Bonus Prizes

Our Vaultoween Celebration will continue through November 9, including the ghost scavenger hunt.
Click here to view the event overview!

Believe it or not, Jace was tired of the spotlight. Ever since he had been brought back home, all he had wanted to do was stop giving interviews and start trying to catch up on his life. And he missed one person in particular.

His parents had been adamant about no visitors (unless they were media, of course) while he was recovering, but he felt it was time now. He had sent a letter and hoped that she would show up. Now, he was waiting in his private sitting room, hoping that she would come.

Played By: TyrellRose
Elliot stood outside the manor gates, clutching the letter she had received a few days ago. The past couple of months had been quite stressful - even more stressful than exam week usually was for her. She had even broken and told her best friend who her boyfriend was. Which actually proved to be beneficial, after her friend's initial reactions. At least until the radio silence she got upon his return.

After staring at the manor for a bit, she finally rang the buzzer and waited. She started to consider leaving and trying another day when she was let in. She was then led to Jace's room.

She gave a gentle knock on the door then stood back, stuffing the letter into her pocket.

Played By: Fae
When he heard the soft knock, Jace turned from where he had been pacing nervously and went immediately to the door. He took in a deep breath before opening it. Dressed in a cotton tshirt and sweatpants, he was a far cry from his normal self. Gertrude, who had barely left his side since he had gotten home, grumbled in Parseltongue and left the room.

"Hey," he said, his hands stuck in the pockets of his pants. "Uh... thanks for coming." He couldn't remember a time when he had ever felt this awkward. "It's, uh, been a while."

When the door opened, Elliot took a moment to look him up and down. He looked different in sweats. Even when they just hung around his apartment, he wore something other than sweats.

"Hi," she spoke quietly, biting her lip. "I... missed you." Her eyes flicked back and forth between his face and the floor.

For a long moment, all Jace could do was mirror Elliot's actions, his eyes flicking between her and the floor. After a too-long pause, he gulped and took a step forward.

"I missed you so much..." he said, reaching out for her, pulling her into a hug, digging his face into her shoulder. "I thought about you every day, I really did..." He had almost forgotten how good her hair smelled.

Elliot leaned her head against his chest, eyes dropping down to the floor. "I kept thinking about you too. And was glad to read that you were returned free of harm." She pulled away half a step and finally looked at him in the eyes.

Something in the way he responded had Elliot taken aback. Sure, she had been upset by how long it took him to reach out, but she hadn't meant to upset him.

She took another half step backwards. "You needed time to heal mentally, I get that." She spoke softly, not too sure how to respond.

Jace crossed his arms in front of him and turned around, walking over to a window. "I guess, yeah," he mumbled, staring out over his family's property. This wasn't going at all how he had imagined it. In fact, it was completely the opposite.

"Can I get you anything?" It was said flatly, as he continued to stare out the window.

Elliot slowly followed him over to the window, swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat. She remained behind him when he stopped, staring at the back of his head. None of this would be happening if she had decided to leave after ringing the buzzer.

"I'm good. Thank you though." She spoke almost in a whisper.

Jace refocused his gaze on her reflection in the window, biting his lip. It felt all wrong. Weeks ago, they had been inseparable. Now, he didn't feel comfortable at all.

"Okay," he murmured, swallowing a lump of his own. "So, uh... what do you want to do?" His voice was barely above a whisper.

Elliot found herself playing with a strand of her hair and looking at the floor. She looked up at his reflection when he spoke.

"Um..." she continued to speak quietly, shrugging a shoulder. "We could sit and talk. That is partly why you invited me over, isn't it?"

Jace drew in a breath, finally turning to face her. "I invited you over because I missed you, and I wanted to see you again after one of the worst experiences of my life," he said, his tone a bit harsher than he wanted it to be. "So yeah. I guess sitting and talking would be nice."

Without another word, he went over to the sofa, settling down on it and glancing up at her expectantly.

Elliot winced as he spoke. How had they gone from being so smitten with each other to this?

She slowly followed his to the sofa, sitting a small distance away. "I'm sorry, I didn't..." her voice was soft, "I can only imagine how hard everything must have been for you." She swallowed another lump. "Please tell me what you want me to do, because I'm at a loss right now."

Jace glanced sideways, letting out a breath he had been holding.

"I... don't know. I don't know what I want right now," he finally breathed out, swallowing hard. "I haven't seen anyone I care about except for my family since I got home," he said, wringing his hands together. "I thought seeing you would help..." he trailed off.