See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!
Stories taking place in countries such as the United States, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [United States] or [Mexico]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
r_avatar

Reiner Liebhart, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement • Bounty Hunter
Reiner continued racking his brain, but still found nothing the kid should be apologizing for. "I can't imagine what you of all people have to apologize for. If anything, you're the one who deserves the biggest apologies. From him, but also from me. I'm, well, kind of the reason you couldn't get that from him." Reiner shrugged and kicked at the dirt a little. "And I am, sorry. About that and more. I tried to bring him back alive but ..." Reiner drifted off and sighed heavily. This was what he'd been struggling with the most since coming home. The fact that EJ had died - and his twisted up brain had him wondering if maybe on some subconscious level he'd done it for Isobel. Logically, he knew it wasn't true. But there wasn't much logic about emotion, or self doubt. Or depression. Nika had fed him that word - "depression". Reiner hated it. He wasn't depressed. He was angry - with himself, with EJ. With Isobel. The world. But he wasn't depressed.

Played By: Sammy

Jaime del Bosque, American Bureau of Magical Affairs

Magical ★ Magical Infantry • Private
Jaime swallowed back the words he wanted to blurt out. He did not want to remember; he did not want to think about the last time he saw his brother.

But it was too late.

"I was never going to get an apology out him. He wasn't sorry. He'd have done it again if he had the chance."
r_avatar

Reiner Liebhart, British Ministry of Magic

Magical ★ Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement • Bounty Hunter
Reiner nodded slowly, he understood that. He and Jaime had a surprising amount in common. He could definitely sympathize with being the unlucky younger brother of a man with little to no regard for how his actions impacted others. Raban wasn't quite as bad - he'd never actually kidnapped Reiner and his friends. But he had spent their entire childhood torturing Reiner and their baby brother. Reiner had always taken the brunt of it, to protect the very young, and very scrawny, Rex from Raban's violent whims. But that wasn't quite the same as knowing your brother would do something to you as extreme as what EJ had done, even if Raban was a criminal, sociopathic piece of work.

"Still. You deserved more closure than what I was able to give you." He could play the 'what if' game all day - what if he'd captured EJ alive, what if EJ had to spent the rest of eternity in prison, what if being locked up gave EJ a new perspective. It was one of the major reasons he was beating himself up over this - outside the whole "what if I killed him on purpose" aspect of it all. But even then - logically - Reiner knew from experience that all his what ifs weren't likely to change things between the brothers.

"You deserved better than what he was able to give you too, to be honest." he peered at Jaime from the corner of his eyes. "I know what it's like. To have a brother that does horrible things to you, and feels no remorse about it. Nothing quite as...nothing like what happened to you. But I think I understand. And you deserved more." As awkward as their meetings had been, and they were plenty awkward, Jaime wasn't a bad kid. Reiner even kind of liked him.

Played By: Sammy

Jaime del Bosque, American Bureau of Magical Affairs

Magical ★ Magical Infantry • Private
"Closure," Jaime scoffed. What did that even mean? Reiner was not the first person to express that particular sentiment about the 'closure', or lack thereof, that EJ's death had brought. Reiner was in the minority though; most people seemed to think Jaime should feel more closure knowing his brother and kidnapper was dead.

"What does that even mean?"