A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#39595  by Harry Potter

As badly as he wanted to knock the disrespecting git from his broom and let Ginny beat Crookes to a rightfully bloody pulp, Harry knew that doing so would result in a temporary ban from being able to play in next week’s quidditch match. Unfortunately, the match was also the last one of the season, the final fight for the cup, and Gryffindor couldn’t afford to lose two very valuable players.

Harry grasped the handle of Ginny’s broom. “C’mon, Gin. Let’s go. He’s an idiot. He’s not worth losing the cup over.” He gave one last scowl at Crookes and set off for the locker room. Once there, his anger was unleashed and Harry ripped off every piece of practice gear strapped to his body to throw it violently across the room.
 #39596  by Ginny Weasley

Ginny's fingers were itching for her wand, and she was a moment from giving in to the temptation - but a gentler, firmer hand on her broomstick cut through her frantic imagination, in which Crookes had been left a farting, four-legged pink mess. Ginny turned her head to Harry, back once more to scowl at Crookes, and turned her broomhandle to follow her Captain back down to the ground.

She opened her mouth to speak to Harry as they touched down onto the pitch, but he stomped straight into the locker room, seeming not to hear her behind. So she went in after.

Ginny had mind enough to wait behind the divide between the boys' and girls' section, hearing the thwump of heavy Quidditch gear hit the ground. She waited until she supposed he had at least gotten his school trousers back on. Whether the button-up was entirely done... well, she felt it hardly mattered.

Eventually she swung around the divide and leaned casually against the lockers, arms crossed, and cocked a brow.

"You stuck up for me," she said evenly. "I appreciate that. I really do."
 #39597  by Harry Potter

Harry was sitting on the bench tying up his trainers when Ginny rounded the corner, dressed from the waist down. The now wrinkled button-up was still rolled into a ball in his duffle bag. “You don’t have to thank me.” He raised his head to acknowledge her presence. “You could have handled him.” His voice was angry, his body stiff, but his eyes softened considerably as he gazed up at Ginny.

“But I couldn’t let him disrespect you like that. You're worth more than that. A lot more.”
 #39599  by Ginny Weasley

She was normally cool; Ginny prided herself on that. But she couldn't help the faint blush atop her freckled cheekbones at the sight of Harry, nonchalantly shirtless.

"Would have been fun to teach him a lesson," she said wistfully, tilting her head upward, so that her wind-tangled scarlet hair fell over her Gryffindor robes. She hoped the red would hide her blush. "But I followed the example of Harry Potter, ever so practical and slow to anger as he is."

She grinned. Ginny's blush was deepening at the compliment inherent in Harry's words. She hardly knew what to make of it.

"You're all right, Harry," she said, turning her face slightly so as not to be so obvious.
 #39603  by Harry Potter

Harry gave a short snort of amusement. “Yes. That’s me. Slow and practical. One hundred percent. ” He would have loved nothing more than to see her infamous Bat-Bogey Hex in action on Crookes. Sadly, today would not be that day. However, with the rising amount of male attention she was receiving on a daily basis Harry was sure another opportunity would present itself sooner rather than later.

Wait. Was she blushing?

Inspired by a boost of sudden confidence Harry stood up to shrug on his shirt, taking the time to fasten each button. “I have my moments, though, mostly when I’m around people I care about. People like Ron, Hermione...you.” He smiled, lazily hung his tie around his neck, and plucked his tattered duffel bag from off the floor.
 #39605  by Ginny Weasley

It took a good bit of Ginny's effort not to linger on each button as Harry's finger's addressed them. She kept her face cool on the opposite wall until she felt the warm tickle on her cheeks subside - a change prompted by his words. She nodded pensively as he spoke.

"I know," she said steadily, "I saw enough to know that when I fought alongside you last year. As if I didn't already know it."

She raised an eyebrow. Ginny pushed herself off the wall as he picked up his bag, sensing it was time to go. The two of them exited the locker room onto the grounds.

"You'll show Crookes in the final match, eh, Harry? Merlin, I can't wait to see the look on his face. If we win..." she paused before they walked up the hill to the castle together, side by side, her brown eyes warm and mischievous:

"...I will have so many thing so say to you."