A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#39602  by Dino O'Sullivan

Time of Day: 1.17 AM • Weather: Summer night-ish

Dino hadn't meant it. Hadn't done it on purpose, he'd swear it to anyone! But when good ol' Wyvern of Wye came on the wireless, with the singer's smoky voice asking him to be his mermaid, what else was he supposed to do? He had to sing, and he had to dance!

And it totally wasn't his fault if his dancing had resulted in him kicking one of the embers out of the fireplace! The ember had burned through the rug before he noticed it, which wouldn't be that bad if the corner of the rug hadn't actually caught on fire.

'Aaaaaah! Ach, bleedin' hell! What the— Nooooo! Stop it! Aaaaaaaaah! Yer goin' to ruin my guddies!' Dino stomped on the ember, yelling loudly enough to wake up the entirety of Gryffindor tower.
 #39604  by Hermione Granger

Hermione Granger sat bolt upright in bed. Logically speaking, there was no way for her to know who was making such a racket in the Common Room below at 1:15 in the morning. But the sight of Dino O'Sullivan couch-surfing to Wyvern of Wye seemed to confirm some almost instinctual suspicion in her.

"What in Agrippa's name are you doing?" Hermione shouted. It hardly mattered, though. For one, her words were completely lost in the music; and for another, her eyes fell almost instantaneously on the fireplace, which seemed to have extended far outside its normal hearth and underfoot of that indelible Dino.

"Are you -- Dino!" Hermione hissed, scrambling in her rumbled dressing gown for a pocket. At last, she extracted her wand and pointed it at the conflagration beneath Dino's feet. "Aguamenti!"

The blaze subsided in a hiss of water and steam. The music, of course, did not, blazing louder and more obnoxiously than ever.
 #39621  by Dino O'Sullivan

Dino was too busy putting out the fire under his foot to notice Hermione Granger's entrance in the common room. What he did notice, though, was the new song coming on the wireless. We didn't start the fire, by Billy Joel. Oh, how deliciously ironic. Still cursing, Dino yelled.

And then, somehow, suddenly, the fire was out, and there was steam and water on his feet.

'Granger!' Dino exclaimed, looking up. 'My new guddies! Look what ya've done to my brand new guddies!'
 #39631  by Hermione Granger

With another flick of her wand, Hermione turned the Wireless down so that she could be heard.

"Oh? I think what you may have meant was, 'Thank you, Hermione, for keeping my guddies - and my whole body - from catching fire,'" she said hotly, crossing her arms over her chest. She tapped her foot, a most reproving look upon her face. "Honestly, Dino. Just because our exams are done and just because you have no more consequences left at this school doesn't mean we all have!"
 #39643  by Dino O'Sullivan

'Ach, Granger, thank ya soooooo much,' Dino replied in a voice heavily dripping with sarcasm. He would have gotten it out on his own! He hadn't ever, and didn't now, need Granger in any capacity whatsoever! He was still alive even after all the shenanigans he'd pulled through his life, and if there was one person to thank for it, certainly it was Orla. His twin sister was the useful one. Granger didn't even come close.

'Well that's too bad for ya, isn't it?' Dino replied. 'What are ya even still bein' an arse for? Ya know the school year is basically over, right? Can't a guy just sing some good oul Wyvern of Wye in his common room without havin' the Prefect from Hell descendin' down on him?' And ruining his belter new guddies?
 #39649  by Hermione Granger

"The year is not over, and the school rules are still in place," Hermione said, tapping her foot. "It's my responsibility to make sure everyone is following them. They're here so that everyone in Gryffindor tower can sleep. Without fear of catching fire," she added haughtily.

Ugh, sleep. After that racket, Hermione was certainly completely awake. Rubbing her temples, she collapsed into the cushy armchair near the fire with a wumph, drawing her dressing gown tightly around her.

"How do you keep it up, Dino?" she said, shaking her head. "You're like a windup toy."