Calling all players! The last day of the season is April 28th. Character creation is now closed and will reopen in the new season. ★

The Vault 713 Staff is Hiring! Are you interested in helping keep the Vault running? We're seeking a few good witches and wizards to help with the day-to-day management. Apply [Here]
The region encompassing England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland while the Triwizard Tournament is under way at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [England] or [Scotland]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.

[Hogwarts] Small Victories

Caitlin Westcott-Fisher, Hogwarts School

Magical ★ Sixth Year • Ravenclaw

While everyone else was worrying about Umbridge or their N.E.W.Ts, Caitlin found that the thing occupying her mind most, was who would become captain of the dueling club next year. The position was always held by a seventh year, and there were quite a few sixth years interested.

So in their free time after lessons had finished, Caitlin had convinced her classmate to come with her and practice a bit in one of the empty classrooms.

"It'll be good to actually use some spells, after months now of Umbridge's boring lessons," Caitlin said.

Played By: Susan
g_avatar

Re: [Hogwarts] Small Victories

Ardric Sage, Hogwarts School

Magical ★ 6th Year • Ravenclaw
Ardric wanted so badly to become an Auror. But with Umbridge taking away their spell use he hadn't really been able to practice. He'd been caught several times trying to use magic and Umbridge was keeping a steady eye on him. She was the only one who didn't really seem to like him, but she didn't like much of anyone.

So when Caitlin had approached him and asked him to practice with her he was more than ready to disobey another school rule at the chance to work his magic. But he was also cautious knowing the hell he would have to go through if he was caught.

Nevertheless he followed his fellow classmate into an empty classroom and locked the door. "I need to get practicing. My chance at becoming an Auror is at stake. I'm honestly so glad that you asked me," Ardric said. He turned to face the desks. "Now let's clear these desks out of our way and make a little area we can practice," he added taking charge and started to physically lift one of the desks before remembering he had a wand and than he put the desk down and pulled out his wand and started levitating the desk over to the edge of the room.

Played By: RoseLily

Caitlin looked at him with an amused expression on her face as Ardric went to manually lift the desks at first, and was about to make a comment along the lines of 'what are you doing, aren't you a Wizard' when he saw sense and began to do it himself.

"Much easier that way," Caitlin teased, before pulling out her own wand to help move the rest of the desks. "Though honestly, the way Umbridge seems to like to teach, she doesn't want us to be able to use magic at all anymore."

g_avatar

Ardric laughed at himself as Caitlin teased him. "It is much easier," he agreed. "That's the whole point. I forgot I had magic for a moment.... I haven't used it in a while," he said putting his hand up against his face for a moment.

"Almost like I'm not a genius or something," he chuckled. The Ravenclaw was amused at himself as he moved some of the desks out of the way until his side was clear.

"It will be good to refresh my memory," he than said.

Caitlin chuckled - it was better to laugh at the whole situation sometimes, or else it would just be too depressing to be here, still thinking she had a chance at salvaging a good N.E.W.T score in Defense Against the Dark Arts without ever using magic.

"Do you want to practice defensive spells? I can fire some jinxes at you and you can block them, and then we can swap?" Caitlin suggested.

g_avatar

At the suggestion of firing defensive spells Ardric looked like such a kid in a candy shop. “We could do that. Than we both get a chance to practice. Or we could do it one after the other. One of us starts out with a jinx and the other defends. Than we switch so the other person does the jinxing. Instead of one of us doing a bunch of jinxes in a row,” he suggested. It was still close enough to Caitlin’s suggestion.

Ardric made a hand movement with his wand and set up a small duelling area in the middle of the empty classroom. The desks he had pushed all the way against the walls.

"Yeah, that works too, let's do that," Caitlin agreed, not really minding whatever she did, as long as her wand actually got some use today.

"I'll start then, ready?" She made sure, before casting the leg-locking curse to start with.

g_avatar

"Sounds perfect," Ardric said. And than Caitlin was using the leg-locking curse. He did a little bunny hop of sorts and than used the counter curse on himself and got free. He grinned at her playfully. "Such a fun one," he mused.

Than it was his turn. "Locomotor Wibbly," Ardric called out using the Jelly-Legs curse which was used to make one feel like their legs were jelly. His parents had taught him that one when he first started at Hogwarts. Rather his father a Death Eater used it on him as a punishment and than told him how to do it.