A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

#32216  by Delyse Seaglass
 31 Oct 2019, 20:45

Wet curls broke the water's surface and Delyse breathed in the fresh air, treading water. She had felt the vibrations of a nearby boat in the water, and was curious as to what type of boat it was. Maybe it was one of the Society boats. That would be nice. She was hoping to see them again.

It seemed she had surfaced in the wrong spot, though, so she dove back underwater, kicking with her tail to swim swiftly towards the boat in the distance.
 #32361  by Hera Cleary
 02 Nov 2019, 13:19
Hera had decided to join the trip last minute. Apparently there were rare dragons to see on this side of the world, and as much as Hera hated to leave her kids behind for period of time, this was a one off, right? Egan was more than capable of looking after the twins, her business would survive, and she could perhaps learn something new for more creatures than just dragons!

She breathed in the sea air, leaning forward on the side of the boat, looking out to the waves. It was definitely nice out here...perhaps she could go for a swim later.
 #32362  by Delyse Seaglass
 02 Nov 2019, 13:26
Now convinced she was closer to the boat, Delyse resurfaced, looking around. There it was! She grinned, treading water and looking up at the boat. It looked like a Wizarding Expedition Society boat up close, but she still wasn't sure.

A closer look told her that there was a woman looking over the side, and while she didn't quite recognize her, Delyse still gave a wave and a cheery smile. If things went south, she knew she could swim away in a hurry.
 #32371  by Hera Cleary
 02 Nov 2019, 13:39
Hera smiled to herself, thinking how great it would be to bring her children here, or anywhere tropical one day! In a daze, she looked down, only to see a woman in the water! Wait...was that...

"Oh, Merlin...are you? Is this real?" She asked, mouth agape. "Are you...really?" She leaned forward, trying to get a better look.
 #32401  by Delyse Seaglass
 02 Nov 2019, 14:55
She waited patiently for the woman to be underwater again before responding, her tail flicking back and forth. "Beautiful name," said Delyse, moving back to allow some of the local wildlife to pass by.

"I am," she replied, glancing around. "Not near here, though." As curious as she was about the human race and as willing as she was to talk to them, she still had an innate cautiousness to keep her kingdom's location secret. "Are you with the Expedition Society?"
 #32441  by Hera Cleary
 03 Nov 2019, 06:48
Hera nodded to the woman, but then pulled a face to indicate that it wasn't entirely true. She spoke above the water again.

"Kind of? I don't work for them, but I'm a member of the society. I actually work with dragons..." She glanced up at the boat. "Do you know the society?" She asked before dipping back down.
 #32510  by Delyse Seaglass
 04 Nov 2019, 22:34
Delyse followed Hera to the surface, her curls breaking the surface. She liked hearing human voices. They always sounded so interesting, especially when she was above water too. When the woman finished speaking, she ducked down underwater too, nodding enthusiastically.

"Dragons? I once saw a seaserpent! They're supposed to be further north, but there was one down here. That's really cool, though!" she chirped, beaming. "I've been talking to the people on their boats for a while, now. I like to help them with finding things, or with information about some of the wildlife down here. I guess you could call me a consultant?" She shrugged a shoulder, continuing to smile.
 #32517  by Hera Cleary
 05 Nov 2019, 03:37
Hera smiled. Incredible! The society had a real life merfolk contact! This was a great step in progressing knowledge of the species!

"That's amazing!" She beamed. "Do they tell you things about the human world in return? Or give you any souvenirs?"

She looked up to the boat, already thinking what gifts she would be able to give.
 #32565  by Delyse Seaglass
 06 Nov 2019, 19:48
Delyse fed off of Hera's excitement, smiling widely. She did a little roll in the water, showing off her fins just for fun.

"They do, sometimes. I thought your boat was the boat I talk to most often, but I don't think it is. I've learned some things, but there's a whole lot more I'd love to know!" She pressed her lips together. "Originally they did, but I wasn't doing it for that. And I have to hide the things they give me." After a moment's pause, she shrugged. "I do like seeing human things, though."