A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

"These are dark times, there is no denying..."
Scrimgeour said it first, but we're feeling it in the real world and we know you are too!

Click here to view our announcement on resources for isolating together!
 #31451  by Jodie Watts

Jodie flushed deep red as she heard people's answers, and even more so as she watched Magda take action. But what Jodie hadn't noticed was the fact that the factors of drugs, alcohol, and fairly comforting company had caused her skin and hair to slowly darken. It still wasn't to her natural shade, but there was a visual difference to those with keen eyes to notice in the dim light.

"I don't have a best or a worst..." She started, wanting to distract from whatever Magda was doing. "Maybe some were better than others but...I...I can't really think right now..."

That sprig was really starting to kick in.
 #31452  by Jens Eiffel

Jens was loving what he heard!

Looking to Magda then he grinned slyly and said, "That's a promise I'm going to hold you to..."

He could sooo easily just walk away with her right now! Forget all these fools! he was going to get laid!

But hearing Jodie then he turned to her and said, "ah come on. I know you have something. Was it that time you had to do it because of your spy stuff? Or are you saying you kind of liked that experience? I mean no judgements here!" he said, holding up his hands.
 #31453  by Jodie Watts

Jodie folded her arms, giving a small shake of her head.

"No, I didn't enjoy that. So sure, that was my worst. But I don't particularly have any pleasant times..."
 #31454  by Freddie Crookes

Freddie leaned forward, completely ignoring the fact that he hadn't even answered the best-worst question.

"Hold on a second there..." He narrowed his eyes at her, as though trying to see into her soul. "'Ave yer ever...y'know...'finished'." He asked sceptically.
 #31455  by Jodie Watts

Jodie stiffened, her jaw tightening a she looked away. She remained silent, and eventually gave the slightest shakes of her head. She could already feel Magda's wide-eyes on her.
 #31456  by Jens Eiffel

"Wow..." said Jens, openly staring at Jodie. He then added, "Well shit... you have just not been with the right man. Or... maybe you are into women? That could very well be the answer. Have you tried it with a women before? It would make a world of difference if it turns out you are gay."
 #31457  by Jodie Watts

"What? No. I'm not into women. That's not it." She spoke, shaking her head.

"Have you tried on your own?" Magda asked, clearly just as curious.

Jodie looked away.

"Yes...doesn't change my answer. I just...it isn't something that's the top of my priorities, okay?"

"Maybe yer should see a healer - that's not reyt, that." Freddie spoke up.

"I don't need to see a healer. It's not like that. I just don't care."

"If you knew what they felt like, you'd care." Magda retorted.

Jodie pressed her fingertips to her temples. None of them understood. They likely never would. It was a very unique situation; it wasn't exactly something anyone else could empathise with or talk out or share experience with. Not to the same extent, at least.

"Can we just drop it?" She muttered, taking a long drink after.
 #31458  by Simon Cleary

Simon watched in discomfort as all attention went to Jodie. Clearly she was very uncomfortable and hated the attention, but they seemed relentless. even those that held back the questions raised their brows a bit and looked at her curiously. The questions of Magda, Freddie and Jens were likely on their minds as well.

He could see it was too late for her. They might finally stop, but they wouldn't forget soon, and neither would Jodie as she felt their glances or thoughts of pity directed at her.

Now he could do something to take the attention off of her... He could tell them about one of his worst experiences. Only he hadn't planned to mention it at all. He had been planning to just talk about his best and leave it at that. Especially because this was yet another thing Jodie didn't know about...

"If you knew what they felt like, you'd care." Magda retorted.

"Can we just drop it?" Jodie mutter, picking up her glass.

Simon sighed inwardly, then said, "My worst experience was with a mob boss." He paused as all eyes shot to him before saying, "When I was much younger I use to be addicted to gambling... fueled by the use of a lot of narcotics. "I fell into horrendous debt, borrowed from loan sharks, then other loan sharks to pay off the loan sharks, all the wile chasing that dream of hitting it big. And I got into a lot of trouble when I had impossible debt I could not pay off to a dangerous man. I was brought to him and he told me today I would get a few busted joints to encourage me to find the money... next time it would be my life. Or..."

Simon paused, took a sip of his drink, then said, "He sent his goons away, puts his arm around my shoulders, offers me a drink, tells me he's always liked me, that's I'm a good kid. Smart, far smarter then all the no trash thugs around us. So he is going to offer me a way out of all this, get back into his good graces, and the debt will be settled. Apparently old Hank had been lusting after me and... it didn't much matter to him that I had no such leanings. Just as long as I accept the offer." Simon paused, then said with little emotions. "So I did."

But inwardly his stomach lurched. He definitely had not wanted to share that but... It was all he could think to do to help poor Jodie.

He avoided eye contact with her as he ran his finger around the rim of his glass.
 #31459  by Jodie Watts

Jodie had been looking up at him. A mix of horror, disbelief, and sympathy crossed her expression. She didn't know exactly why he was sharing it; a small part of her wanted to believe he'd done it to change the conversation, but another part thought he was simply playing the game. But...he was not nearly as drunk or high, and likely had no need to share something so awful.

She stared down at the table; it felt like it was taking hours to process the information. Even if it had been his own fault for gambling, he had been young, naive, unsure, and frankly, vulnerable. It started to play out in her mind, and she closed her eyes briefly, swallowing thickly. She had said before that he was a product of his environment.

And so his environment drove him to gamble like he did, and the situation made him take drastic measures. And then earlier in the game he had admitted to taking money for services also. He...had always been a lonely soul. No wonder he developed obsessions and awkward mannerisms. Awkwardness was definitely a natural personality trait, but his situations had only fuelled those antics. How many other heart breaking incidents had happened to him that he hid within himself?

A hunter and seducer, a predator, casting his ribcage in steel as not to let anyone access his most vital parts. She felt a kin to that notion, only unlike him, she could play a part. She could replace the shell and simply be someone else - he was stuck like this.and right now, he had openly bared himself for judgement, and possibly, for her sake.

Steadily, she brought her hand up, and carefully placed it in Simon's, her thumb comfortingly running over his knuckles. As she looked up at him, her eyes were dark and deep, a warmness to them. She didn't know what to say to him, what words could she even say at all? Did it matter?

In the end, she did not say anything, but her hand did squeeze his, and she did press her lips into a tight smile, blinking back any sign of tears.
 #31460  by Freddie Crookes

Freddie swallowed thickly. The subject was no longer fun, and he soon found himself taking a shot, followed by another in quick succession.

"At least you got the choice." He spoke scathingly under his breath, sighing and bringing out his papers to roll yet another sprig.

As much as he always wanted to be like Anthony Dane, he couldn't ignore the fact that his emotions and experiences were very much real.

"What happened?" Magda asked.

"Fuck off." He snapped back. Despite his words, he glanced up at Simon. There was also a look of respect or understanding there, even as it was hidden behind Freddie's scowl.

"Anyway..." he began, but couldn't end it. He instead went to rolling another sprig, hoping someone else would pick up the conversation.
 #31461  by Simon Cleary

Simon felt Jodie's hand.

she... wasn't with drawing more? Well that was good! He just never was sure with her. He gave her hand a slight squeeze back, then letting go he reach up and took his drink, his eyes still not going to her. He was looking at Freddie. The man's words all too clear.

"No need to explain," he said simply, then added, "My best experience was with Zara Shepard."

Oh wait... he probably shouldn't have said her name considering she was known to many of them. Opps... Well she wouldn't hear about it.

"It was very rough, very wild, dangerous... mostly I was just so happy to be with her. I felt like she was one with me. A soul mate. The experience was enhanced just because of who she was and how our spirits knit into one."
 #31463  by Jodie Watts

Jodie realised she didn't really want him to let go of her hand...there was a comfort from him she hadn't expected, despite the fact that she had been the one trying to comfort him. It reminded her of the rooftop; she had taken his hand there and they had had a small moment before he released. She'd presumed that he'd done that due to the Imperious curse on him, but perhaps it was more than that. Maybe he naturally didn't like holding her hand, or any sort of public display of affection. After all, he seemed far more willing to indulge on the ship in the hammock. For the most part, she was the same...but that didn't mean she didn't instantly miss the feel of his hand in hers.

A better question was why she was thinking so much about it. It didn't matter. They weren't together. They weren't supposed to be affectionate - in fact, the idea of anything more than hand holding made her nervous unless she was playing a part. She thought back briefly to how she'd kissed him when requested at the rings, whilst in this form. She hadn't enjoyed that - she'd barely known him, and was instructed to keep him sweet by Astrid. But now? There was a part of her that wanted to forget that and start fresh.

Only...how could she when she knew what she did about him now.

At the mention of Zara, she looked up at him. She'd known. But he was still talking about her as a soul mate, as a true love. Rough, wild, and dangerous. That wasn't Jodie. She pressed her lips together, and then took a drink. Why did she care anymore? They simply weren't right for each other.

It was just a shame that she found herself trusting him so much as to show her true self to him...
 #31464  by Magdalina Eklund

Magda smirked.

"Ya, I could tell. Your fight with her on the raft was fueled by so much sexual tension." She looked to the others. "You guys should have seen it! They were drawing blood, pulling hair, throwing full punches, going for choke holds - no mercy! They barely spoke to each other, but just by their faces alone, they had something to prove. It was awesome!"

She fell back in her chair, sighing.

"Man...it was so hot when she took her bikini top off to strangle you with - what a power move. She deserved the win."
 #31465  by Freddie Crookes

"Whoa-whoa-whoa! Nah, hold on!" Freddie piped up, eyes wide. He had almost started to ignore Magda, but then she mentioned the bikini, and once again, he was in a state of shock staring at Simon.

"You slept with Zara Sheppard!? The Assassin Queen!? What the fuck!? How!? How'd yer do it?" He leaned forward, eyes intense. "What was she like?"

He began to smirk.

"Is she kinky? I 'eard she was into some shit..."
 #31472  by Simon Cleary

Simon glanced at Magda and said, "We had unfinished business. But it is finished now."

Looking to Freddie then he said, "I don't know how I did it. Just didn't give up I guess. But we were not right for each other in the end. Too similar. We encouraged the dark side of each other too much." He paused, then added, "I don't think... I should go into detail. Probably would not be appropriate. She is your boss. I am pretty sure she would be angry with me if I talked about it. I think I said enough on the matter."

Looking about then he said, "Are we ending the game now? Or going on?"

He had started to become aware that maybe Jodie would not be comfortable with him answering Freddie's questions either...