Caleb rolled his eyes and said, "I would rather work for a dragon. No thank you. But it's different for me. For one, well you heard Ivan.. He said originals don't have a choice. We area working Iver Hall. Period. But for another..."

He shrugged, then said, "I do love the pay. And honestly I want to be where the action is. If there was a legit attack on Iver Hall, and I want there?... It wouldn't sit right with me, especially if anyone got hurt. After Kyle and Reef, I'm the next one these fellows look to. I can't be off kicking my feet up on some easy job."

"Besides, " he said with a smile. "I have gotten in trouble many times for talking back, or questioning Nathan's order. I've known him longer than Ivan even," he said, jabbing his thumb into his chest and looking quite proud of the fact. "And I have survived this long with out getting my head chopped off. I think I'm good."

He glanced across the room towards Magda, then said in a low voice, "What do you think about her suddenly being part of Watchdogs? I am thinking she is a spy..."
"Mm, yeah well...I'd still follow the 'respect' route if I was you." She commented, smirking at him a bit.

At his gesture toward Magda, she looked over, thinking for a moment before replying, just as low.

"Well...maybe. I dun't think she's a purposeful spy...seems too sweet, but av been wrong before. But yer remember 'er from that party wi' spin the bottle, right? Quite nice, subdued, polite...is that all an act? An' besides...she's always had a crush on Ivan. Why wouldn't she want to be a part of a company where he's always around?"

Played By: Vyreia
"True..." said Caleb thoughtfully. "Could be a ploy to get close to Ivan. Only I know it won't work. Told me himself he will never get with someone he is the boss of... right after reiterating he expects the same from Bowden, Reef and myself," he said, wagging his brows significantly at Robin, a smirk playing on his lips.
When some of the questions had died down... Ivan motioned for Zara to follow. Leading her from the bigger room into his small office, he said,

“So... went well, yes? Best could be expected?”

He closed the door, then looking at her he said with a raised brow, “You think they believed all that lie about us being happy to vork together?”

He was joking of course.

... or was he? His feelings about her at the moment were... very confused to say the least. Sleeping with her did seem to make her at times seem more reasonable than ever...

“You did good job out there,” He added. “I am actually glad I had you here for meeting.”
Robin smirked, but looked away, hiding her expression a bit.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not sleepin' with a boss, isn't it? Well...currently I'm not. In about..." She looked at her watch. "three hours or so. May be another story but s'pose it depends how many drinks I get down me."

Zara snorted.

"I don't think they'll ever truly believe it...but we can at least say we have decided to put our differences aside for the greater good. That might really get across that we're serious."

She glanced to the side, nodding.

"Thank you. I will need you for when I meet with The Kingdom. As much as they will hate it...I need the support with them. The last thing we want is them to disrespect you in the middle of all this - less stress in the end, I hope."

"They better not," said Ivan "That is all I have to say. I am in no mood for taking any back talk these days."

Walking over to a file cabinet then he said, "I need a drink. Do you need a drink? I am getting a drink."

And with that he opened a drawer and pulled up some files, reaching underneath them he took out a small bottle of whiskey, pausing to look at Zara as he said, "Go ahead and judge me if you must. You can do things differently in your own office."

Taking out two regular coffee mugs from the drawer as well, just in case Zara wish to indulge, he set one down on his desk, then proceeded to pour some of the liquid into one of the mugs. He toop a long sip of it before saying,

",How are you enjoying working directly for the Ivar's? Especially Mrs Iver? I don't think you even knew her before you decided to entirely uproot your life and change your destiny once again... Is good? She treats you well? She liked women more zhen men I think..."

He took another laure gulp.
Zara pursed her lips, looking Iver at the flask for a moment, but finally, she nodded and stepped over she casually poured herself and joined him in taking a drink. If she was honest, he had the right idea. Sure, she would have waited until she was at home but...really, she did need it. She look a long sip, enjoying the flavour for a moment.

"Hm? Ah...right, yes. Mrs Iver is certainly different, I will give her that. I never liked working near Mr Iver, so that hasn't changed but it just seems a little more intense with the both of them."

She lifted a brow at him.

"Are...you liking it under her or?"

Ivan sat on the edge of his desk, and then just looked at Zara. He continued to look at her as he raised his mug to his lips and drank the entire thing. And then he looked at her again in silence.

Need he say more?

Keyport himself another mug, and then said with raised brows, "Is clear? Or should I tell you again?" He said, raising his glas again as though preparing to drink.
Ivan took a deep breath, let it out slowly, then said, "She is perfect for Nathan. They are very alike. Too much alike. And Nathan loves her very much... he will do anything to make her happy at any moment... Or maybe he needs to to make up for vhat and awful husband he is at other times."

Ivan took a sip, his eyes looking in the distance beyond Zara as he said, "At one time I could call him friend as well as boss. But not any more." He shrugged, took a sip of his drink, then said, "People change. Is ok. Friendship vas never conventional anyway. Is not easy when one person hold all power."

He got up then, corking the bottle and returning it to his place as he said, "What happened? To satisfy Mrs Iver properly?... Mr Iver told me I had to come back, had to make it right, admitted he needed me there, but I had to take all responsibility for what happened and convince his wife nothing even close to it would happen again. Apparently a bad fight started between them after I left and... it lead to bad blood between them. Only made matters worse."

Ivan sighed, then walking back to the desk he sat back against it once more and said, "It vas very humiliating experience. Worse I have ever been in I think. I had to go on my knees and beg for her forgiveness, beg for job back and I could not get up until she was satisfied..." Ivan shook his head, then said, "And she took long time to be satisfied. all the wile looming over me, forcing chin up, touching face in uncomfortable ways... clearly enjoyed it to an uncomfortable degree. I don't know.." He said with a rye smile. "Maybe is something you would have enjoyed witnessing. Finally a woman to put me in my place, eh?"

As for the rest...? Wild horses could not drag it from him! But it was probably what made it possible to even tell the first part.

Or maybe it was the drink...
Zara listened carefully, her expression sinking further and further as he continued. It put a lot of things into perspective, even more so with the efforts Ivan was taking to ensure Watchdogs were on best behaviour. Clearly, it had shook him. So, she took careful steps to his desk, seating herself opposite, looking at him sympathetically.

"Maybe you should speak to him about your friendship; clearly it hurts your feelings not to be so involved. And maybe things have changed with his new wife, but maybe a gentle reminder of how much you two have been through? Clearly he wanted you back at Iver Hall, and clearly he had to bend for Mrs Iver. Maybe once things settle down, things will ease up again - go for a drink, play a game of darts, do whatever it is men do."

She leaned forward a bit, looking him in the face.

"Ivan...I know...I know what happened to you was embarrassing. And I know we don't really trust each other on a personal level; all we do is work together, annoy each other, and...relieve stress. But I can see that look. It was the same look I had after I was broken out of Wesley's prison. He chained me, ridiculed me, emotionally and physically abused me, spat at me, insulted me, defiled me..."

She cut herself off, snapping her mouth shut as she looked at him, a serious glint in her eyes.

"I do not enjoy people I care about being mocked and ridiculed like that. I don't like it because I've been through it. And clearly, whatever happened; her words, her actions, her implications - they did something to you. I'm not saying you should talk to me, or Nathan, or anyone...but the worse thing you can do is let it eat you up inside. If you let your resentment for her manifest for too long, one of these days you will hesitate to protect her, and it will be too late. You're a professional...but I don't think you ever trained for this. If you did need any help..."

She gave a tight smile.

"Call a hateful bitch like me."

Ivan was quiet a moment, arms crossed as he looked off across the room, but finally looking at her he said, "You know... I appreciate your words... But at same time it kind of make me uncomfortable to have your pity. Even if you do understand from personal experience. Sounds to me... like you have been through much worse. I don't think I can pretend was same at all."

Ivan uncrossed his arms, resting his hands on the side of the desk, but after a moment he said, "Is not so bad as you think. Some times something can not be defined as a friendship as it stands. And this was happening for a long time." he sighed, then said, "I expect in a few days Mr Iver will have problem. He will call me to office, offer me a drink, ask advice which he won't take and then we will talk all night like nothing has happened."

Ivan shrugged then said, "Maybe not quite like nothing has happened. But still, close. It has always been this way. But I do not hold as much resentment as you think. A bit but... I have always worked for people who were cruel, selfish, egotistical and power hungry. But I would take working for Ivers over old boss in Russia any day. Mr Iver says protect her so will. Maybe even with life." He raised the mug to his lips and drank, then added, "She is partly right. "I should not have called her bluff like that. Was not my place."

Ivan placed the mug down beside him rather heavily, then said, " I take a lot of pride in my job Zara. Is more important to me then my dislike of Astrid Iver. I take pride in fact that even when they make things harder... I will protect them and their home despite them. And I take pride in fact that I am unbreakable. It is a challenge. But have you ever seen me turn down a challenge?: he said, actually smiling at Zara
Zara actually returned the smile. "No, I haven't." She held her hands up in surrender. "You're right. I'm sorry for making this all so bleak. Lot's of negative situations fuels a lot of cynical thinking. But you're right; you know Nathan far better than I, and I'm sure you will treat his wife the same if you must."

She looked off to the side a moment, taking a long breath and leaning back in her chair, tipping her head back. It was nice to just have a moment of peace. She had to close her eyes, running a hand through her hair. What was really scary was the fact that after so long, it was finally starting to feel comfortable around Ivan. Not that she liked being around him, but she at least felt more at ease...and sure, maybe some of his jokes were actually funny, and it was nice to have him smile at her like that. But it meant nothing, and she liked it that way.

"Have you seen the daughter yet?" She asked absentmindedly, relaxing a little more. Might as well before she had to talk to the Kingdom staff.

As Zara sat back, eyes closed, chin lifted high, Ivan found himself watching her. She looked so... beautiful. The way her delicate jaw line connected with her neck. Her fingers running through her hair... she was so blissfully unaware of how attractive she was to him.

And she was so thoughtful now to show her concern... Who was this woman? He found himself thinking back on her most disagreeable moments. The night they argued and she had slapped him for some offense. He had held that against her for ever so long.she had no idea... Yet now when he looked at her and something else stired inside, but it was not the usual iritation and frustration.

She had changed some how. That was it. Some how she had changed. Become less annoying.

“No, I have not,” said Ivan, answer her question and looking off at the far wall before she could catch him staring. “Because I am petty like that.” He said with a smirk. “I can tell it is getting to Nathan. I have not even asked about his daughter. Why? Is she pretty? Probably cutest baby ever, right? That would be Nathan’s good luck. Everything perfect.” But frowning he said, “ But maybe not so. He did want a son. Hopefully he is not too disapointed.”