See the results of our latest surveys, help us with some more feedback, and read our newest updates!
Visit the Bulletin Board now to learn more!
Writing Challenge: Letter to Santa
Challenge Overview

What would the holiday season be without writing a letter to Santa?

In this challenge, you'll be exploring this idea by writing a letter from your character to Santa that includes their Christmas (or other holiday) wishlist. What do they want for Christmas/Yuletide/etc? Do they think they've been good enough this year to deserve it?

How to Participate
🎄 Write a letter from one of your characters to Santa with their wishlist. Anything goes on the list, so long as it's something they really want. Feel free to use any BBCode you wish to spruce up your letter - you might even consider checking out our Template Repository to see if any templates suit your needs!

Language used in the letters must be appropriate for all ages.

🎄 Reply to this thread filling out the form below. Your letter must be unique to be rewarded. Upon posting you will receive 1 Yuletide Curio for your Curio Cabinet and 3 Quills once the event concludes.

🎄 You can complete this challenge once per player, but be sure to check out the other Yuletide Celebration events and rewards if you've already done this one!

Participation Form
Code: Select all
[b]OOC Name:[/b]
[b]Letter:[/b]
OOC Name: Vyreia
Letter:
Father Christmas,
Santa's Grotto,
Reindeerland,
XM4 5HQ

Dear Santa,

I'm sorry for not believing in you before. I didn't really believe in Christmas either; all it ever did was make Yulia really stressed trying to make me happy. And although that's super nice of her...I sometimes wished Christmas didn't exist so she didn't have to get worried that I would be sad. But then I came to Hogwarts, and made friends, and I decided to stay here so that Yulia doesn't have to panic or anything. I just think that, if magic exists, then why can't you too? Maybe this year it will be better.

This year, I would like:
⋆ A warm hat and scarf
⋆ To meet my benefactor
⋆ An adventure journal
⋆ For Caid to spend more time with his dad

I've decided that it doesn't matter what I get for Christmas. Sure, any of the things I said would be nice; but I just want everyone to be happy. Most importantly, I want Caid and Yulia to be happy, and then I will be too.

Thanks!
From,
Olivia Stone
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
OOC Name: TyrellRose
Letter:
Santa
North Pole
H0H 0H0

Dear Santa,

It has been the most whirlwind of years. Every year I still write letters because it's nice to think that there's someone out there willing to listen to the childish wishes of a 27 year old woman. Maybe I just want to hope that there's still some magic in the world... well, you know what I mean.

This year, I married the most amazing man, and I can't tell anyone because if my family finds out, they'll disown me. That being said... was it really so wrong if it was true love? Am I a bad person for lying to my family? I'd like to think I'm not. I'd like to think I'm standing up for pure, true love... I hope you agree.

I suppose this is where I tell you what I'd like for Christmas. Here I go:
*My family and Nathaniel's family to understand that we love each other
*My distant cousin Cristal to receive the medical care she needs
*Funding to come through for the charity gala
*A camera

Please, I'm not asking for much. It would mean a lot to me...

All my love,
Phoebe
OOC Name: Fae
Letter:
Dear Santa,

I’m not actually sure how to begin this letter, or where to even send it – I’ll get Zeke to help with that part – but hiya. If my research holds true from the Christmas movies and songs out there, you apparently basically know everything about everyone, which is a bit… I promise not to write any gossip about you in my gossip column.

Anyway, as you probably know, this is my first year celebrating Christmas, so I wanted to make it count by trying as many traditions as I could. So here we are, me writing you a letter of what I want. I was told it could be anything, so here we go:
- Another year of good health
- A vacation to all the less popular parts of the world with Zeke
- Motivation to write a book
- Perecles Elfick tickets

Cheers and stay magical,
Jaime