A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Shipping Companies, spell experimentation, and a host of spirit sightings are all commonplace in England and beyond.
 #36055  by Algernon Stagg

"Ah, Captain Kaylock, I do hope you're not bleeding ears with that talk again. There's simply no hard evidence of such a thing, I assure you. I checked!" Spoke Algie, pulling off his gloves as he stepped inside.

His eyes drifted to Adelaide, and his cheeks immediately flushed.

"Ah, Miss, good day. Do forgive the intrusion." He offered an awkwardly low bow, his tone slightly shaky as he spoke. "I'll uhm, well, I suppose a cup of tea is a good place to start, eh Captain?"

He gave a small smile to Gunnar, but it was clear the Captain rather loathed his company and would much prefer to tuck into his own fish instead of speaking to Algernon.
 #39074  by Adelaide Poskitt

"Tea, yes," Adelaide let out a sigh of relief, thankful for the distraction. She was very curious about what the Captain was saying, but the more he spoke the less sense some of it seemed to make. So she set about fidgeting with the tea cup and glancing around.

"I don' know anything all these stories m'self," she remarked, shaking her head as she handed Algernon his cup.

"But they all sound terrifying. And I'm not sure I know about any gods but God."
 #39085  by Captain Gunnar Kaylock

"Of course you don't, miss. You're a whipper-snapper; I don't presume you have had many teachings, and even if you had, many scholars have embraced ignorance from the truth in order to sell a column." He spoke, jarringly side-eyeing Algernon.

"They don't teach about the terrifying truths. They would rather you stay safe, stay here in London, and continue selling fish to the good people."
 #39088  by Algernon Stagg

Algernon sipped at his tea, though squinted at the captain over his cup. Carefully, he placed it back down, his gentlemanly moustache twitching on his upper lip.

"It's a scholar's duty to embrace fact rather than idealistic fiction. There's good reason that there are no teachings on your watery gods; they don't exist." He spoke curtly, surprisingly so for his often quaking demeanour.

He glanced up to Adelaide, his cheeks still tinted.

"Miss, if you like, I can teach you more substantial facts, rather than cobswabble."