Calling all players! The last day of the season is April 28th. Character creation is now closed and will reopen in the new season. ★

The Vault 713 Staff is Hiring! Are you interested in helping keep the Vault running? We're seeking a few good witches and wizards to help with the day-to-day management. Apply [Here]
Shipping Companies, spell experimentation, and a host of spirit sightings are all commonplace in England and beyond.

Algernon Stagg, Magical Hobbyist Magazine

Squib ★ History Columnist
Played By: Vyreia
It was only one week from the big expedition to Africa, Egypt specifically, and Algie was terrified. He could barely eat, sleep, or talk about the journey due to his own worries making themselves apparent. It was not his usual routine to be out shopping in the afternoon, but the tea place was far too busy to calm his nerves, and the local taxidermy had closed for a family affair. He was forced to do something productive toward the trip, otherwise he would stew alone.

Algernon moved toward the thick winter coats; it was coming up to Summer, and here he was trying to get the discounted thick woolen coats and scarves. He had heard from other explorers that the dessert could be bitterly cold at night, which was not something he was expecting, and although he presumed the rest of his group had magical charms to use...he was not as gifted. Little to their knowledge, of course.

Today was a rather bright day, so he must have looked odd trying on leather gloves, coats, scarves, thermal leggings, and hats. But it was a necessity he had to face, and was not looking forward to.

Eloise Ramsay, Gladrags Wizardwear

Magical ★ Seamstress
Played By: Purple
An unusual amount of movement in the winter wear section, that is to say movement at all, gave cause for Eloise to glance up from her sewing. What on earth was a man doing trying on winter clothes in the height of summer? The intrigue having far outweighed the humdrum of her current task, Eloise leapt up, crossed the threshold of the sewing room, straightened her hat and stood a respectable distance from the gentleman.

"May I help you find anything?" she inquired.

Startled, Algie scuppered back in alert, blinking at the woman before finally forcing himself to gather his composure. However was he to face the dangers of the Middle East and beyond if he was such a coward as this? He hoped and prayed that nobody knew his well enough to tell any of his party members of his affliction.

"Oh- I, well, yes, of course, thank you. I'm looking for some thermals for underneath the lower necessity." He gestured to his trousers, knowing very well how impolite it was to say such a word to a lady. "A thick wool perhaps?"

Magical ★ Seamstress
It wasn't her place to inquire. She nodded promptly and hurried into the back room where they stored excess out-of-season things. She came back with a handful of thick wool trousers and held them out before him.
"Forgive me, I only grabbed a handful. Were you needing just an extra layer for the night, or are you going somewhere cold?"

There. That seemed reasonable enough. She needed to know how thick of a wool he needed, anyway, if she wanted to serve him properly. They couldn't sack her for doing her job.

Angie looked over the materials she brought back, carefully taking a pair to feel the thickness and possible warmth. He gave it a little stretch - there was nothing he disliked more than tight clothing.

"Well," How to even begin. "I am on route to the Middle East and Africa - I have read many historical scriptures stating it becomes rather frigid at night, so I believe this may be the easiest method of preventing illness. Perhaps you have something charmed to be lightweight? Our journey consists of a lot of trekking...perhaps you also have a pair of smart loafers?"

Magical ★ Seamstress
Eloise frowned. "Are you quite sure? I always thought Africa and Arabia were quite hot. I- let me get you those loafers!" Stupid Eloise. Stupid stupid Eloise. Correcting a customer was absolute taboo. All the same....was the man Confunded? The arctic was cold, not Africa. Perhaps he'd want a turban instead? She could offer him a bit of cloth that would work well. Yes, maybe she would do that. Eloise came back with a few boxes.

"Here you are!" she said brightly, opening the tops. "An assortment of the finest shoes for travel Gladrags can offer!" Not that she knew much about travel. Raymond never let her go anywhere interesting.

"Ah, yes er-" He was about to speak, but she seemed to scurry off to find his requested shoes. He cleared his throat, waiting for her return before speaking. He may have been rather shy and soft-spoken, but misconceptions and ideals that he was less than intelligent were something he wouldn't allow. After all...a squib had to work their brain more if they had now magical talent.

"Of course the desert is hot, but that is the beauty of it. You see, according to research, it shows that sand does not retain heat, and therefore requires the sun to remain hot. This means that during the night, without the sun, it becomes frigid and cold. I wish to use blankets as a separator between myself and the cold grains, you see."

He continued to rabbit on about how the temperature differences were vital to the apparent habitat and creatures, though expressed how he knew very little about nature in itself and only what he had read from previous explorers. All the while, he examined the shoes, though it was clear he was far more interested in waffling on.