Discuss Vault 713 in general, character creation, threads, plot lines, along with your favorite aspects of the Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter Locations

TyrellRose, Vaultkeeper

What are your favourite locations in the Harry Potter series? Are there any places you wish we had seen? Were there any places that didn't live up to your expectations in the movies?

For me, I'm a huuuuuuge fan of the Burrow. I find the idea of a house held together by magic really fascinating, and I kind of want to come up with a character with a house like that.

I'm also particularly fond of the cupboard under the stairs and how they decorated it in the movies. Especially when it was revisited in Deathly Hallows and you saw it was just like how it was in Philosopher's Stone and I just squealed so much.

What about you? What places are your favourites?

Re: Harry Potter Locations

Lilly, Active Player

What are your favourite locations in the Harry Potter series?
There were a few locations that I wanted to just insert myself in including the gryffindor common room (so cozy!), the quidditch pitch (let me play!), and honeydukes (the description of it made my mouth water).
Are there any places you wish we had seen?

I wish we had seen more of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries . There was so much more to that event that was left out. In the films, the six members of Dumbledore's Army found Harry's prophecy orb in the Hall of Prophecy and then they got caught in a fight between Death Eaters and members of the Order in the death chamber...and that was it.

I would have especially liked to have seen Ron getting attacked by the brains in the Brain Room.

The Brain Room, as well as the Love Chamber, the Space Chamber, and the Time Room, were omitted from the film . According to Matthew Lewis (Neville) it was filmed but edited out of the theatrical release.
Were there any places that didn't live up to your expectations in the movies?
YES.

You have NO idea how amped I was to see the Qudditch World Cup that Mr. Weasley takes the kids to in the Goblet of FIre. I was SO excited to watch that qudditch match. But NO they just teased us instead. NO dancing veela, no leprechaun gold, no Wronski Feint , and no qudditch.

I was also disappointed in the final task when they have to get through the maze to the cup. We didn't' get to see the blast-ended skrewt that attacked Cedric , the Sphinx Harry encountered whose riddle he solved, or the Acromantula that Cedric and Harry took on together before reaching the cup.