Special In-Game Events
Periodically, Special Events will be hosted in each era to help further a board-wide plot, bring characters from across the world together, or to celebrate an important occasion. In the past, events have been held for key book events such as the Battle of Hogwarts, character events such as weddings, and “for fun” events such as a Quidditch draft. Events may vary in nature or purpose, but all share the same fundamental aspects, which are outlined below.
• All events will be announced at least one week before they begin.
• All characters who can realistically be found at the event are welcome to participate. If you are uncertain if your character can participate after reading the rules for that event, please feel free to leave a question in the Help Desk.
• Players can participate in events either by joining in the Random Event threads or by starting their own thread. Each event will have it’s own unique instructions and guidelines for how the event should be played out.
• Stories created as a part of Special Events are worth 2 Quills instead of just 1, so long as they were started during the event period, are clearly marked, and clearly take place at or during the event in question.
Participation & Event Length
• Events typically last for 3 weeks, but can last longer if necessary. Changes to event dates will be listed in the Bulletin Board.
• Current Status: Starting means that the event has just begun. This phase typically lasts for one week, and allows ample time for players to read the instructions or overview of an event and ask questions about whether or not their characters can participate. Players can still join in the event even after the Starting phase has finished.
• Current Status: In Progress means that the bulk of the event is currently ongoing and that the staff is in the process of posting updates and pushing the story forward. This phase typically lasts for 1-2 weeks, depending on the event, but may be extended.
• Current Status: Ending means that the official posts for the event have concluded. This phase will always last for one week in order to allow players time to wrap up their own character involvement in an event, and posting is still welcome and encouraged during this time. Once this phase has completed, players can still participate in threads set during the event but they will not be considered for any event participation recognition or rewards.
Creating An Event
Players wishing to create an event of their own should first visit the Member Classifieds and create a listing for the event they would like to host. If at least three players respond stating that they are interested in participating in the event, you can use the report button and choose “This reported message does not fit any of the categories above.” Using the information box on the report, let us know you would like to move forward with your event and you will receive a PM from an administrator to help outline your event. A fee of 15 Quills will be deducted as an event hosting fee, which can be paid from one member or several.
If you do not receive suitable responses to your event, you are welcome to play it out on your own without random events, double quills or staff assistance. Staff run events, even those created by members, will also be accompanied by news, owls, and rumors related to the event.
Please note that events must be announced a full week before they will take place. In the case of member-created events, they may not take place any sooner than 1 week after the event has been reported in the classifieds.
Unless created as a part of a donation reward or special promotion, individual players may not host more than one event per season, however they can sponsor unlimited events by replying in the classifieds and expressing interest.