Welcome back! Make sure you catch our latest updates at the link below.

November 19 - And We're Back!
Forum rules
Welcome to Marauder Era! Set in 1976, the magical world is adjusting to a changing political landscape and the rise of a dark wizard. Jump in to one of the roleplaying regions available below, or keep scrolling to browse all of the latest news from the era to learn more about what is going on in the world.

News, Letters, & Rumors are posted every weekday if we have received submissions.
Up to two publications will be posted each day containing up to five submissions posted in the order they were received.
Click here to view the current publication schedule.
Random Event

[Marauder Era] Daily Prophet #M3 ★ 3 January, 1975

January 2nd, 2016, 5:25 pm

Issue #M3 ★ 3 January, 1975

Özgür Voted Most Charming Seeker Of The League

"Turkish Seeker Koray Özgür who plays for the Thundellara Thunderers, Australia, was recently voted 'Most charming Seeker of the International Quidditch League' by a poll in our magazine.

Reached on the training Pitch in Thundellara, Özgür beamed at the news. 'Oh, you know,' he says, 'it's always great to have positive feedback from the fans. I do my best, you know, and it's been such a great couple of years, you know, having all this support from all these wonderful people, and I'm so proud to have them as fans, you know, and I won't let you guys down.'

This is the second year in a row that Özgür receives this award, and he agreed to pose for a photo session that will appear in our next issue. Also noteworthy, Özgür is going to be featured in the Hottest Quidditch Players 1975 calendar."

Inferi Unleashed

A wand shop in Hogsmeade has been closed down due to possible dark magic use. Reports came into the Ministry of Magic around 10:30 last night of a foul odor in several homes surrounding the business and the moans of the undead. Aurors arrived on the scene. It's unclear as to what a wandmaker was doing preparing such creatures, but the Ministry of Magic is keeping mum on the situation.

"There's nothing to report," a spokeswoman for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement said in a request for an interview. "Aurors were dispatched just in case, like all reports to the department."

This reporter is not satisfied with that answer.

Classified Ads

#293 For Hire - Three Broomsticks • Seeking two barkeeps. Pay begins at 12S per hour, with at least 40 hours per week on schedule. (Apply Now!)

Contributions to this issue were made by Damian.
Current news submission openings can be viewed at the top of this forum.

Return to “Marauder Era (1976) • Fixed Timeline Roleplay”