Forum rules
Welcome to Call To Arms!

New networking threads are posted every week by the Vault 713 staff, with each era getting a new one at least every other week. Threads are closed after four weeks of being open to make room for new Call To Arms options. This is a great place to find other characters that yours may know, find others for a plot that's relevant to a specific Call To Arms, or help fill in your character's list of friends, enemies, and family members based on the networking options in each thread.

Have an idea for a Call to Arms? Send it to us in the Suggestion Box!
Site Admin

[Legacy Era] Hogwarts Students, Staff, & Alumni

September 25th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Calling All Hogwarts Students, Staff, & Alumni!
Looking for fellow players? Reply to this thread to meet others and brainstorm plot ideas!
This Call to Arms will close on November 20.

Post Here If...
  • Your character recently graduated from Hogwarts as of Legacy Era (Fall 2019)
  • Your character is currently a student at Hogwarts in Legacy Era (Fall 2019)
  • Your character is currently a staff member at Hogwarts in Legacy Era (Fall 2019)

Some thread ideas include...
  • A coffee meet-up for Class of 2019 Graduates
  • A meeting in the staff lounge for professors to discuss their lessons
  • A tutoring group for a particularly difficult class
  • A lesson thread for one of the current lesson challenges
  • A professor discovering students who are up to no good

Include in your post...
  • Some basic information about your character
  • Any ways you might be able to interact with the characters who posted above yours
  • Some thread ideas for others who might be responding
  • Types of characters you are looking for to RP with who also meet these requirements.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Robert
Ireland

Re: [Legacy Era] Hogwarts Students, Staff, & Alumni

September 25th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Fourth Year Ravenclaw, Aiden Strong here. He's a nosy little bird. Recently decided he wants to work for St. Mungo's so he's working really hard towards that. He'f the Founder of the Gardening Enthusiasts Club, which is pretty much as unofficial as clubs get, but anyone who likes Herbology should hit him up. And if you don't like herbology, he'll be more than happy to help out.

Looking for friends, potential healers who could mentor him, and everything else in between.
looking down the barrel of a gun

Jamie O'Shea

September 26th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Jamie is the Potions professor in Legacy. She's fairly easy going and tends to let students off sometimes. She'd be up for hosting a potions lesson, tutor session, catching students, etc.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Purple
Iceland

September 26th, 2015, 11:43 pm

[ Click For Spoiler ]
I was actually wanting to ask about that. Erikur is the Legacy-era Hogwarts caretaker, with a great deal of interest in Potions. He could use a hand in creating an antidote for a particular long-lasting health problem he's had (of a nature that would get him in a bit of trouble at St. Mungos, so he's been working at it on his own). If she can get past the unfortunate reasons for said problem, it could be quite the challenging endevour. Erikur is no amateur after all. If he's struggling with it, Jamie might struggle with it, too. Or are two heads better than one?

Another idea is that they might collaborate on something else for some other reason. Maybe cleaning her office one day he notices a mistake in one of her own projects? It's best not to ask why a self-proclaimed potions expert is spending his years cleaning a school....

He also wouldn't say no to substituting a Potions class every now and again. True, he has no teaching experience, but what's so hard about throwing some instructions on a board and making sure no one blows up a cauldron?
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Jamie O'Shea

September 27th, 2015, 12:57 am

@Aiden: I...kinda forgot I was supposed to give suggestions. So detention, tutoring, class, having a nice chat about...whatever. All possibilities

@Erikur: Jamie would love to help attempt creating an antidote for/with him. She's not one to really judge people and believes in multiple chances so whatever's caused it will be fine. I also like the idea of him finding a mistake in one of her projects and the whole substitute teacher idea. So whichever you'd like to do is cool with me.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Purple
Iceland

September 27th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Hey, I'm kind of slowly going insane this weekend and coming week thanks to lots of assignments due all at once.

On that note, I'm not going to start a new thread right away. Definitely not this week. Was my suggestion here totally pointless?

Heck no. I still want to do this. Maybe even next week.

My thoughts for an eventual thread setting:
a) Erikur's office. He's hunched over a bubbling cauldron, piles of notes surrounding him. Jamie wants a word with him (did he forget to clean something/Peeves acting up/someotherereason?) and notices his frustration.

b) Jamie's office. X minutes/hour before a Potions class. Eri's just finished cleaning up before Jamie walks in, he comments on her error.

Which of those would you prefer?
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Jamie O'Shea

September 27th, 2015, 8:53 pm

If things are gonna be tough for you then we can always wait til things settle down for you again.

As for the options I rather like the idea of Jamie coming upon Erikur working in his office and offering to help after noticing his frustration.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Luke
Ireland

September 27th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Cillian is a Hogwarts student, would love some other students/professors to RP him with! :D

Jamie O'Shea

September 27th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Seeing as I don't have Xanthus back up yet, Cillian will just have to make due with Jamie as an RP partner. :P Also...he'd totally be in detention so...there's always that.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Luke
Ireland

September 29th, 2015, 8:11 pm

Jamie O'Shea wrote:Seeing as I don't have Xanthus back up yet, Cillian will just have to make due with Jamie as an RP partner. :P Also...he'd totally be in detention so...there's always that.

Totally okay with this, I'll start something up for us. :D

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Pangun
Ireland

October 22nd, 2015, 1:10 pm

Xanthus is a fourth year Ravenclaw. He's a very curious boy but tends to doubt himself a lot though he is attempting to stop doing that so often. He like pretty much everything except for defense because he's just kind of bad at it.

Aiden: They're brothers so they'd know each other? They're in the same house so they'd know each other? Xan would totally join the unofficial gardening club as well.

Erikur: Uhm...suppose he could catch Xan out late one night or something?

Cillian: We've got a thread so there's that.

Rose Weasley

November 6th, 2015, 12:20 am

I have Rose Weasley who is a third year Slytherin. Rose is...generally the type of person who lives behind a mask. She usually acts rather kind for the most part, though perhaps not the most talkative of people. In reality, she's extremely ambitious, possesses a short-temper, intelligent- she does well in most of her classes- and while she's open-minded....she's not open-minded about what her family is (she holds the beginnings of a 'magic is magic' viewpoint). She currently only gets along with Scorpius Malfoy (the two have a friendship that is meant to be a secret from their parents going on currently).

Jamie O'Shea

November 6th, 2015, 12:48 am

@Mary: I offer my dear Jamie, the potions professor, as someone Rose would most definitely know. Perhaps Rose needs help with a potion for class or something she's working on in her spare time? Or Rose gets a detention for...something or needs a professor for something else. I also offer my baby Xanthus, who is a Ravenclaw that tends to be on the quiet side more often than not. He doesn't really go out of his way to talk to people first but they're close enough in years that they've most likely had a class or two together at some point or something.

Rose Weasley

November 10th, 2015, 7:43 pm

@Jesse Rose's favorite subject is actually meant to Potions, as well as her best. It is something she likes reading on, so I can imagine her going to Jamie with questions, most likely about a potion she does not entirely understand...and is also above her school level in terms of skill. I imagine that Rose might actually get along with Xanthus to a point. She rather dislikes most of her cousins because she views them as obnoxious and too loud, so she'd likely appreciate how quiet he is most of the time.

Jamie O'Shea

November 10th, 2015, 8:23 pm

@Mary: Jamie would definitely be up for answering questions about potions. She tries to encourage any interests in any subject that a student shows an interest in so even if she thought the potions were above Rose's level she'd still talk to her about them. As for Xanthus, he's good at potions so maybe they could bond over that?

Return to “Call To Arms”