Forum rules
Welcome to Call To Arms!

New networking threads are posted every week by the Vault 713 staff, with each era getting a new one at least every other week. Threads are closed after four weeks of being open to make room for new Call To Arms options. This is a great place to find other characters that yours may know, find others for a plot that's relevant to a specific Call To Arms, or help fill in your character's list of friends, enemies, and family members based on the networking options in each thread.

Have an idea for a Call to Arms? Send it to us in the Suggestion Box!
Site Admin

[Golden Era] News Media & Publishing Employees

September 18th, 2015, 10:55 am

Calling All Publishers, Writers, and Journalists!!
Looking for fellow players? Reply to this thread to meet others and brainstorm plot ideas!
This Call to Arms will close on October 23.

Post Here If...
  • Your character works for the Daily Prophet or another publication in Golden Era (1992)
  • Your character works with Sparklight Publishing in Golden Era (1992)
  • Your character is a writer (or a hopeful writer) in Golden Era (1992)

Some thread ideas include...
  • A pitch meeting to discuss new articles and features
  • Interviewing another character for a column
  • Staying up late the night before a deadline to make sure everything gets done
  • Meeting to discuss the possibility of buying an article or novel for publication
  • Spying on another publication to make sure they haven't gotten the scoop on something first

Include in your post...
  • Some basic information about your character
  • Any ways you might be able to interact with the characters who posted above yours
  • Some thread ideas for others who might be responding
  • Types of characters you are looking for to RP with who also meet these requirements.

Active Character
“There were many beautiful vipers in those days and she was one of them.”
― Mary Elizabeth Braddon
View Profile • Played by Brods
France

Re: [Golden Era] News Media & Publishing Employees

September 19th, 2015, 6:10 am

So I have Evelyn Winter here who is Managing Editor of the Daily Prophet. She is currently trying to secure the position of Editor-In-Chief, but she's also trying to have a baby with her partner Elaine. I am open to doing anything with her. I love just throwing my characters into threads and seeing how everything will work it.
She is like a cat in the dark
and then she is the darkness
she rules her life like a fine skylark
and when the sky is starless

Inactive or Retired
View Profile • Played by Aidan
England

September 29th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Kit is not yet officialy into journalisim, but as an eighteen year old seventh year student he writes for the student news paper, and once he graduates he wil become an intern for the Daily Prophet so that by the time Reformation rolls around he is a full fledged reporter.

That said I wouldn't mind him doing threads with journalists, perhaps a student interview, etc where he might begin to develop his interes in journalisim. Or a thread interviewing with someone for an intern position at the Daily Prophet, or even another publication to be taken on when he finishes Hogwarts in the Spring. I don't really have any clear ideas at the moment, but just thought I would throw him in here as a possibility for such threads.

Site Admin

October 23rd, 2015, 4:13 pm

This Call to Arms is now closed!

Thank you for your participation!

If you are still interested in the theme of this posting,
please feel free to private message any of the players who responded to coordinate privately.

Return to “Call To Arms”