Forum rules
Welcome to Call To Arms!

New networking threads are posted every week by the Vault 713 staff, with each era getting a new one at least every other week. Threads are closed after four weeks of being open to make room for new Call To Arms options. This is a great place to find other characters that yours may know, find others for a plot that's relevant to a specific Call To Arms, or help fill in your character's list of friends, enemies, and family members based on the networking options in each thread.

Have an idea for a Call to Arms? Send it to us in the Suggestion Box!
Site Admin

[Legacy Era] Ministry & Magical Government Employees

September 11th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Calling All Magical Government Employees!
Looking for fellow players? Reply to this thread to meet others and brainstorm plot ideas!
This Call to Arms will close on October 2.

Post Here If...
  • Your character is employed by the Ministry of Magic, or by any other magical government in Legacy Era (Fall 2019)

Some thread ideas include...
  • A summit or gathering to discuss international policy
  • Inter-departmental or international conflict when no one can agree on who's problem an issue is
  • International ministry workers coming to visit a different country's headquarters
  • Field work to resolve a problem or address a concern
  • A typical workday with characters doing their job...or does something go awry?

Include in your post...
  • Some basic information about your character
  • Any ways you might be able to interact with the characters who posted above yours
  • Some thread ideas for others who might be responding
  • Types of characters you are looking for to RP with who also meet these requirements.

Gavin McGregor

Re: [Legacy Era] Ministry & Magical Government Employees

September 13th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Gavin has been an Auror with the British Ministry of Magic for several years now and has finally shaken off the rust he had when he first joined. He fought in the battle of Hogwarts like most his age. He suffered (suffers) from PTSD because of it but he feels like he has gotten that under control (he hasnt). Like any good irishman he loves a good drink every once in awhile.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Robert
England

September 15th, 2015, 10:43 am

Tobias is the Head of the Mystery's Department. While he was in his sixth year during the Battle of Hogwarts, he did not fight as much as he was trying to help all of the younger students get out of the castle (being that he was a prefect at the time). He's got a problem with alcohol due to a million and one head demons that he is currently in possession of. Very professional, and a workaholic.

Probably would go out to drink with Gavin, if Gavin isn't too annoying/hyper. Tobias pretty much hates hyper individuals and anyone that is even slightly above his energy level.
you made it all alright

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Pangun
Wales

September 16th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Orion is part of the Beasts and Beings department by this point. More specifically he works with dragon research and restraint department. He's super hyper and it's very doubtful that he'll ever not be hyper.

There's a chance he could be in contact with Gavin if the auror department was called in to help out with something involving the dragons. Maybe something like a group of witches/wizards are going after dragons for potion ingredients or something? It would bring both departments together.

He could have contact with Tobias in a similar way though more like bringing parts of a dragon down to the department of mysteries or being sent down to talk to someone about some research on dragons or something.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Brods
England

September 19th, 2015, 6:04 am

I have Sienna here who is an Auror Unit leader and married to Drust Noble a hit-wizard. I am basically up for anything with her. I would really love to just chuck some characters into a thread and see how it all pans out.
forgive, sounds good, forget, I’m not sure I could,
they say time heals everything, but I’m still waiting.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Robert
Scotland

September 19th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Did someone say, married to Drust Noble a hit-wizard? *pops in* I'm up for anything! Let's do it xD
Nothing seems as
Pretty as the past

Active Character
Wales

September 19th, 2015, 3:07 pm

@Sienna: *pushes Orion forward* Department of Dragon Research and Restraint. If nothing else they'd prolly run into each other eventually.

Active Character
England

September 19th, 2015, 10:36 pm

@Orion Yeah I can see something happening between them. Did you wana set up a thread or shall I?
@Drust Hello dear husband, I think we should talk about the fact that you have once again landed yourself in St' Mungos.

Active Character
Wales

September 20th, 2015, 12:34 pm

@Sienna I could set something up. I'll post the link back here.
@Drust No I didn't not skip out mentioning anything I just sorta...forgot you were there? When I post up the link you're welcome to join as well. :D

Active Character
Wales

September 22nd, 2015, 10:56 pm

I have not forgotten the thread! I...might have had to be reminded of the thread. So...erm...thread is there it is in the cafeteria at the ministry -obviously- and open -obviously- and I created it for Sienna and Drust, but you know anyone is welcome to join the more the merrier and all. Uh...it's about mystery meat so take that as you will. The title is "The Mystery, It Moves" so...yeah...in case the link don't work or whatever.

Active Character
England

September 23rd, 2015, 5:17 am

@Orion, So I went to reply to the thread you had set up but it has been posted in the Reformation Era and Sienna is still in her fifth year of Hogwarts then. She doesn't become a ministry employee until Legacy. Which is that this Call to Arm's thread is based in, Legacy Era.

Active Character
Wales

September 23rd, 2015, 9:53 am

@Sienna, I uh...I saw that when I logged on today and I now feel like an idiot. So, I'm gonna just...request that it be moved to Legacy and change the beginning of it a little, but the rest of it will still be the same. Sorry about that.

EDIT: So, I've reported the thread to request it be moved to Legacy. I also edited the tiny bit about how long Orion had been working at the ministry which was the only part that needed to be changed.

Site Admin

October 17th, 2015, 2:49 pm

This Call to Arms is now closed!

Thank you for your participation!

If you are still interested in the theme of this posting,
please feel free to private message any of the players who responded to coordinate privately.

Return to “Call To Arms”