Forum rules
Welcome to Call To Arms!

New networking threads are posted every week by the Vault 713 staff, with each era getting a new one at least every other week. Threads are closed after four weeks of being open to make room for new Call To Arms options. This is a great place to find other characters that yours may know, find others for a plot that's relevant to a specific Call To Arms, or help fill in your character's list of friends, enemies, and family members based on the networking options in each thread.

Have an idea for a Call to Arms? Send it to us in the Suggestion Box!
Site Admin

[Founders Era] Hogwarts Students & Staff

October 17th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Calling All Founders Era Hogwarts Students & Staff!
Looking for fellow players? Reply to this thread to meet others and brainstorm plot ideas!
This Call to Arms will close on November 20.

Post Here If...
  • Your character is currently studying at Hogwarts in Founders Era (992)
  • Your character is currently employed at Hogwarts in Founders Era (992)

Some thread ideas include...
  • A small group lesson with students trying out new techniques
  • Welcoming a new student who has just arrived at the school
  • Foraging for supplies or food in the nearby forests and fields
  • Discovering a new magical technique
  • Seeing help from an advisor

Include in your post...
  • Some basic information about your character
  • Any ways you might be able to interact with the characters who posted above yours
  • Some thread ideas for others who might be responding
  • Types of characters you are looking for to RP with who also meet these requirements.

Inactive or Retired
View Profile • Played by Stella

Re: [Founders Era] Hogwarts Students & Staff

October 17th, 2015, 11:33 pm

I have here Aelfwynn who is 23 years old and just started to study at Hogwarts. She is in Gryffindor and a basic level as she has had no previous knowledge of magic other than what her accidental magic did while hiding it at her village. She is normally seen around Eaga Whitescar as he was the one who officially introduced her to the world of magic and gave her a wand as well. Thanks to Eaga, she does not like muggles (though her reasons are stated in her profile) and she does not like Brother Simeon, who I imagine will be posting in this thread at some point or another.

Aelf can probably join in most likely any thread. If there is a specific type of thread you are interested in doing, please feel free to PM me on my OOC account, Stella.

Reggie

October 19th, 2015, 4:47 pm

I have Reggie who's 8 and just started at Hogwarts. She's a Ravenclaw and at the Rudimentary level since she's only 8 and stuff. She loves learning anything and everything and I imagine that she will be exploring the school and grounds now that she has arrived. She can mostly join any thread that takes place around the school or the surrounding area.

Thread ideas could be meeting her (and her brother) as they arrive at the school or helping her find her wand or showing her around, etc.

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Purple

October 19th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Eaga Whitescar is in his early twenties, though he appears to be in his teens. He's an intermediate student of Slytherin, advanced in wandwork but paltry in Herbology and Potions. He is extremely pious and fiercly anti-muggle. He has associations with a particular metamorphmagus pirate who has been conducting raids around the Kingdoms of Alba and England.

Though he is now good friends with Aelfwynn, his presence makes a great many others uncomfortable. On the surface he is enigmatic. Below, he is evil incarnate.
God have mercy on me.

Salazar Slytherin

October 24th, 2015, 3:54 am

I have dear Professor Salazar Slytherin here. He is thirty-eighty, soon to be thirty-nine in a few months. Aside from being one of the founders, Salazar teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts.

I am open to any plots, so if you have any you wish to discuss with me or just want to do a thread with me, just PM me! Some specific plot points I have been wanting to do; if you have any thread ideas related to them that would be awesome:

- CONTROL YOUR SLYTHERINS, SALAZAR: Considering the anti-muggle debate and how students of Salazar's are involved, it is natural that Salazar gets lumped into this. Salazar himself is meant to be a bit complex when it comes to matters such as view points on muggles, the non-magical, and magical beings/creatures. He is extremely wary of muggles, as they are the reason his line has become as small as it is and, moreover, actually killed his younger sister. This viewpoint does not extend to the non-magical (i.e. squibs) and magical beings (i.e. vampires, centaurs, etc.). He thinks magical beings should be treated with respect and as equals. The same goes for non-magicals.

When it comes to the students, I do expect none of them to actually know that. Salazar doesn't go shouting his beliefs and it would be easy to lump his beliefs with his students' or anyone stating opinions in his name. The same can go for other staff. As for the other founders...well, that is up to whoever plays them, seeing as those three characters are meant to be close to him and actually hold some knowledge of at least some of his beliefs.

- POTION'S WIZ & MASTER OF THE DARK ARTS: Considering Salazar teaches it, he is talented in the Dark Arts, both in practicing it and defending against it. However, Salazar is also extremely talented at potions. These are two subjects I'd be happy to do threads with related subject material.

Thread Suggestions:

- Helping a student with work from potion's class
- Helping a student with work in his own class (DADA)
- Helping a student with either subject, but for something outside of class related
- A student asking for ingredients
- Salazar working with a staff member on a potion
- Salazar & a staff member gathering raw potion ingredients
- Salazar and a staff member talking work

- THE FOUNDERS: Uhm, if there are any other founders around, please PM me, I suppose? I'd love to talk plots and threads...especially about the future ^^

Reggie

October 25th, 2015, 1:42 pm

@Purple: Advanced in wandwork like making wands? If so then perhaps Eaga could help Reggie with a wand? So far I'm just playing it off as someone has helped her find one, but if Eaga could help out with the wand situation then that could be a possible thread. Or Reggie has taken a liking to Aelfwynn because she found her when she got lost and stuff so there's a possible connection. Maybe Aelf introduced them?

@Mary: Reggie tends to be not so good at subjects just yet which is to be expected of an eight year old so maybe Salazar could help her out?

Salazar Slytherin

October 25th, 2015, 3:45 pm

@Jesse: That sounds good to me :)

Active Character
View Profile • Played by Purple

October 25th, 2015, 3:53 pm

@Jesse
Advanced in wandwork as in he's pretty much a master spellcaster. He's never made a wand in his life, but he has access to wands should he be in need of one. Aelf's wand was given to her by Eaga, after all. Technically they're all stolen and/or taken from the bodies of fallen wizards, but who needs to know that?
I think it's entirely possible for Aelf to introduce her to Eaga. I'm not sure how he'd react to a child, but I imagine he'd try to sway her to his ideals and give her some lessons on the side if she wanted to.

@Mary
At any point would you be interested in an Eaga/Salazar debate? Eaga still looks up to Slytherin, but he's adamant about his piety and feelings regarding muggles.
God have mercy on me.

Salazar Slytherin

October 25th, 2015, 4:37 pm

@Purple: I would definitely be interested in that :3 I imagine the two would be in agreement with some things- Salazar actually doesn't trust muggles at all- but they'll probably disagree more than they agree :P

Reggie

October 25th, 2015, 5:13 pm

@Purple: I was thinking it meant spellcaster the more I read it but I figured I'd ask just in case. Reggie is always up for extra lessons and is always willing to listen to people. She might even be swayed to Eaga's ideals if he makes them sound good enough.

@Mary: Awesome! I'll...put up a thread at some point soon.

Salazar Slytherin

November 30th, 2015, 1:59 am

Reggie Bachmeier wrote:@Purple: I was thinking it meant spellcaster the more I read it but I figured I'd ask just in case. Reggie is always up for extra lessons and is always willing to listen to people. She might even be swayed to Eaga's ideals if he makes them sound good enough.

@Mary: Awesome! I'll...put up a thread at some point soon.

Okay :) I shall keep my eyes peeled. Take as much time as you need to put it up!

Return to “Call To Arms”