Thank you all so much for your continued patience during our downtime! We know that it can be frustrating to not have access to the forums and to your threads, but the whole staff has been working hard to bring you some much needed updates and upgrades... along with a few brand new features that we're pretty excited about, and hope you will be too!
Oh, and don't forget: the current RP season spans from December 15 to April 30 in game, so we will be approaching the end of the season before you know it! That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of time to get some new stories in, though, so go ahead and post away!
Completed & Answered Tags for Roleplaying Forums and The Help Desk!
- While we are still working on establishing a solution for our missing Topic Attributes that we previously used to label threads based on location, we've solved one problem: you can now mark threads as completed (and lock them!) with just one click, which works in both the roleplaying sections and in the Help Desk to let us know that you've received a useful answer. For more information on how thread archival works now (which is still largely the same, with the addition of the new markers) please check out this tutorial.
The Owlery has a brand new look!
- Though we have had some rough (and inconsistent) plans with revamping the Owlery this year, after assessing the current Owl Post situation and the needs of players here at the Vault, we've introduced a brand new system that works similar to our News Stand and Classifieds submissions, where players can submit their owls to be posted in a group Mail Call for everyone to read. These will be posted on a very regular basis and this now introduces the option for you to send anonymous owls to different players or to owl businesses... so we think it will be very helpful! Visit the Owlery now to learn more or send an owl.
You can now browse characters by their nationality or home country!
- If you've visited the Forum Index today, you might have noticed the large collection of flags at the bottom of the forum! These can be used either to denote your character's nationality or heritage, or if you choose, you can use it to denote which country they are living in and call home. While we currently have no way to assign multiple countries based on eras or mixed heritage, we think that this will be a great way to help locate other characters that your character might know while showing off the diversity of characters across the entire Vault. As a bonus, your flag will also show under your character's information on each post! You can visit your User Control Panel and edit your profile to assign your character's flag, and a tutorial for this will be available soon!
There's a new issue of the Sunday Snitch!
- And it's better than ever! Did you know that each week the Sunday Snitch includes a list of threads that need replies, helpful plot ideas, important announcements, and more? Recently we've also added a special feature that lets you gain extra Quills while visiting one of our spotlight sections... and you never know, you could earn some surprises from answering our Question of the Week, too! Be sure you head over to the Bulletin Board every Sunday (or Monday!) to check out that week's issue, or click here to read this week's Sunday Snitch right now!
- RP Classifieds will now remain open for replies for a week, up until the next Classifieds listing is posted.
- Links in forum descriptions, forum rules, & posts changed to a brighter color to stand out better.
- "Fixed Timeline Roleplaying" forum expanded into a full category to be viewable from the forum index.
- "Exploratory Roleplaying" forum expanded into a full category to be viewable from the forum index.
- "The Owlery" moved under the "Story Hub" forum.
- Many forum descriptions have been updated to be easier to read and/or more compact for ease of access.
- Many forums were given special markers to help identify recent or important updates and posts.
- If you reply to this thread with your favorite new feature or update, 3 Quills will be added to your OOC account.
- The forum index now lists accounts active and posts made over the last 24 hours.
- Plot pages have been updated to include all recent Call To Arms, Job Center, & News Stand postings for that era.
- The sidebar on the forums has been updated to include additional useful information for players.
- The Community Ambassador Headquarters has been relocated to the top of the forum index. (Ambassadors Only)
- If you reply to the March 20th Sunday Snitch and answer the Question of the Week, 2 Quills will be added to your OOC account.
- A "Bulletin Board Archives" forum has been created for old Bulletin Board announcements.
- A "News Stand Archives" forum has been created for old news publications.
- An "Owl Post Archives" forum has been created for owl post messages made using the old Owlery system.
As you may have noticed, we've done a lot and there are even quite a few things that were tweaked behind the scenes. If you see something that is messed up, broken, or really doesn't look right, please visit the Help Desk to let us know. If you have general feedback about the new layout and features, you can leave it on the Anonymous Feedback form.
As far as what we have planned for the next few weeks:
- All donor rewards for February will be sent out and caught up to date.
- A survey will be available for donors to help us decide what future rewards should look like.
- Plot pages will be further streamlined to be more useful and easier to read.
- Further updates are planned for the Business Directory to make it more useful and easier to read.
- A new achievement system will be introduced so we can resume rewarding Challenges as normal.